Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lcfc-1992

Burnley pre match

So difficult picking the middle 3, Maddison shouldn’t be on the left. So it’s between Maddison, Tielemans and Praet for 2 of the positions in the middle. 

I’d go

Schmeichel 

Ricardo

Evans

Soyuncu

Chilwell

Ndidi

Tielemans

Maddison

Perez

Barnes

Vardy

Kasper

Ricardo 

Evans

Soyuncu 

Chilwell

Ndidi

Praet 

Maddison 

Tielemans

Vardy

Perez

Tielemans is definitely better out wide imo and maddison better through the middle.

Burnley are going to park the bus so we need to get as many creative players to get on the ball and open them up with width provided by the fullbacks. 

• Like 2

A tough prickly fixture, it might take 2 or 3 formations and significant contributions from 14 players over the 90 minutes to get this over the line, a nitty gritty slightly s***ty 2-1 win, Vardy, Perez & Hendrick. Need to keep set piece opportunities to a minimum. 

When Praet and Tielemans both play, Tielemans is pushed toward the left. I'm really not a fan of that. I think he has shown his best on the right, with crosses and linking up with Ricardo.

4-1-4-1 please.

Albrighton on the left wing, Maddison and Tielemans in the middle, Ayoze on the right wing.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Must play Praet if you ask me.

I thought he was our MOTM and was rather surprised he was taken off. That said his replacement Perez was electric when he came on and provided the assist to Maddison. 

We have too many good players! :cool:

Pretty confident about this one. Burnley have made a brilliant start but I think our defence + Ndidi can handle their direct style and our forward players are in too good form not to break the opposition down. 

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

As shocking as Chilwell’s been going forward recently, I’d still keep him in over Fuchs.

Would rather keep a very settled back four going, no need to knock one of our own players confidence, especially when he’s a key part of the defence. 

Maybe if Fuchs had an extra couple yards of pace and as solid defensively as a couple years ago then I might agree with you, we do miss his end product on that side. 

I agree but against dogshite like Burnley, you need his long throws to mix it up a bit in the bus parking area! 

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Surely the last thing we want to be doing is launching  aimless crosses and long throws into their box ??

Well the ball wont get in there by any other means- have you watched Leicester in recent months when they’re up against 11 men in the box? 🤷‍♂️