Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lcfc-1992

Burnley pre match

Anyone take note of how Brighton set up against Spurs on Saturday? Mooy and Gross who are both central players both nominally starting in the wide positions in a 442. When in possession, the both drifted infield to take up a kind of dual number 10 position to great effect.

This is possibly a way we can fit in all of Ndidi, Praet, Maddison and Tielemans, with the latter two taking up similar false 10 roles. For me, those four have to play more or less every game for us and I also think Perez is more effective the higher up the pitch he plays.

The alternative is the diamond which could leave us vulnerable out wide.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, egg_fried_rice said:

Anyone take note of how Brighton set up against Spurs on Saturday? Mooy and Gross who are both central players both nominally starting in the wide positions in a 442. When in possession, the both drifted infield to take up a kind of dual number 10 position to great effect.

This is possibly a way we can fit in all of Ndidi, Praet, Maddison and Tielemans, with the latter two taking up similar false 10 roles. For me, those four have to play more or less every game for us and I also think Perez is more effective the higher up the pitch he plays.

No thank you

2 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Something about Burnley at home that always fills me with dread. If anyone is going to beat us 1-0 it is them. Ndidi has to play for his physicality, want Preat and Tielemans to both play but that would mean Maddison on the 'wing' Has to make a choice. Whilst our wingers show no end product its easy for Rodgers to throw Maddison out there.

To be honest, as long as Soyuncu puts Ashley Barnes in the stands I'll be happy.

Yup, back in the bad old days they always came to the Walkers stadium and won 1-0 with a goal just before half time, after weathering all we could throw at them and then a 2nd half with us huffing and puffing and creating nothing. Depressing. And our record at home against them even in recent years is hardly anything to shout about.

I think we'll have enough about us, but it won't be easy. 1-0 home win.

Edited by Arriba Los Zorros

3 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

One radical answer to that would be a 4-3-3- with either Tielemans or Praet on the right wing.  I'd hate to lose their creative spark deep-lying in the midfield but technically either could certainly do it.  Praet actually has some experience playing as a kind of false winger on the right.

Maybe it could work. I'd rather try something like that in the Cup first though. We saw the difference in Anfield when we played with two real wingers, we need some of that against a team as tough to break down as Burnley. If it doesn't work we'll at least have Praet/Tielemans to bring off the bench, which is better than most PL teams can say.

Tielemans is a goal threat so we need as many of them on the pitch as we can. Maddison can be a threat from this inside forward position but we need to find a way of utilising it, he needs to stay further up the pitch and not go wondering too deep, get himself in the box and on the edge of the area more. He has to have a licence to roam too.

Same back 4 with Ndidi in front of them, Perez & Barnes wide of Maddison & Tielemans with Vardy up top, feel sorry for Praet as he has been brilliant for the last 2 games but we need to go at Burnley from the off, 3.0 win with Soyuncu getting his first goal and a brace from Vardy...

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, NewquayFox said:

Same back 4 with Ndidi in front of them, Perez & Barnes wide of Maddison & Tielemans with Vardy up top, feel sorry for Praet as he has been brilliant for the last 2 games but we need to go at Burnley from the off, 3.0 win with Soyuncu getting his first goal and a brace from Vardy...

This is what I meant @Deeg67

Just throwing this selection out there....not sure if it's been suggested before?

Schmeichel

Benkovic Soyuncu Evans

Ndidi

Ricardo Tielemans Praet Chilwell

Vardy Maddison 

3-1-4-2 

Chilwell could have a wingback role. May help him positionally and improve his game vision. 

Maddison in a roving role, not fixed.

Benkovic is more of a speculative selection.

Perez and Barnes could slot in easily from the bench and cover injuries. 

Perhaps even introduce the over-lapping goalie system, come on it's going to happen one day :yesyes: 

On 07/10/2019 at 10:36, egg_fried_rice said:

Not for me personally. Up against anyone with half decent full-backs and we'd get hammered down the wings. 

7 hours ago, Danny Clender said:

Just throwing this selection out there....not sure if it's been suggested before?

Schmeichel

Benkovic Soyuncu Evans

Ndidi

Vardy Maddison 

3-1-4-2 

Chilwell could have a wingback role. May help him positionally and improve his game vision. 

Perhaps even introduce the over-lapping goalie system, come on it's going to happen one day :yesyes: 

And coats for goalposts!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Danny Clender said:

Schmeichel

Benkovic Soyuncu Evans

Ndidi

Vardy Maddison 

3-1-4-2 

Swap Benkovic for Perez and attack.....

Schmeichel

Soyuncu Evans

Ndidi

Maddison

Perez Vardy

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Different type of game for Cags. We'll see how good he is against rough house strikers like Barnes and Wood. It's not going to be a thing of beauty. 

Cags will enjoy himself playing some hard boys. Right up his street !!!

• Like 1

The Premier League have confirmed that Saturday’s game at Leicester will be referred by Jon Moss whose last Burnley game was our 2-2 draw at Manchester United.

• Sad 1