Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Ben Chilwell

7 minutes ago, Angus Scott said:

Idiotic that people criticise Chilwell. But then again these are probably people who think the completely useless Andy King is a legend.

Yeah king is completely useless. Absolutely no idea why some fans hold him in such high regard. 

Jesus fuching Christ pal!

then you have the complete lack of self awareness to call other people idiotic.

King2.jpg

• Thanks 2

Guest An Sionnach
43 minutes ago, Claridge said:

Least favourite player, I’m not even sure why 

Not one Leicester player is poor , they are all fine players , some are among the best in the business. This is about how we use their collective abilities to our best advantage.

11 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Chilwell is a good player, a very good player, but he is still young and still has a lot to learn. Doesn't bother me that much that he doesn't have a right foot. 

I've read comments about him being our weakness as shown against Man City. That's not the case, the weakness came from lack of cover. He was left with no choice but to tuck in and mark KDB in that game. My only gripe with him from that game was showing Mahrez inside onto his much stronger left foot. 

We all can see his delivery needs work, other than that he's a great left back 

Good post though I would say Chilwell also does not close down enough. Not just the Man City game but all games - how many times have you seen him block or close down a potential cross or shot? Ricardo does it really well on the other side. Fuchs does it a lot better than Chilwell too. This is something he really needs to do better and toughen up. I can remember 3 or 4 goals just on top of my head in the last year where a shot went through or under or over him because he was not charging down on his opponent enough - compare with the way Soyuncu (top class) or even Ricardo and Fuchs (or Simpson) does it you would know what I mean. It is almost like he is afraid the ball will strike him. If he is better at defending, I would give him more of a leave pass for his backward passing and call for Fuchs less.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Thanks 1

Chilwell improved hugely last season which maybe led to expectations that he would continue to develop at the same rate whereas it could be argued that he has plateaued somewhat.

We mustn’t read too much into him being turned inside out by Mahrez who on his day is right up there with the most skilful wingers in the world.  Towards the end of 2015-16 opposition coaches recognised that double or triple marking was the only way to contain him and even that was not sustainable as he was more than capable of getting past even that.  What seemed to happen against Man City was that Chilwell was left 1 on 1 with Mahrez or even 2 on 1 with KDB joining in, I have no doubt that our coaching team will have seen that and will be working on it in training.

• Thanks 1

Guest An Sionnach
5 minutes ago, CUJimmy said:

Chilwell improved hugely last season which maybe led to expectations that he would continue to develop at the same rate whereas it could be argued that he has plateaued somewhat.

We mustn’t read too much into him being turned inside out by Mahrez who on his day is right up there with the most skilful wingers in the world.  Towards the end of 2015-16 opposition coaches recognised that double or triple marking was the only way to contain him and even that was not sustainable as he was more than capable of getting past even that.  What seemed to happen against Man City was that Chilwell was left 1 on 1 with Mahrez or even 2 on 1 with KDB joining in, I have no doubt that our coaching team will have seen that and will be working on it in training.

I am sure they are , but at the moment playing Hamza or Fuchs seems to be the preferred option.

Just now, Kinowe Soorie said:

Backwards Ben :frusty:

Yeah, should have just punted it out for a goal kick everytime with all those options he had...

So many passes behind him; what do you expect him to do with that.

Don't think he was great but this is such basic criticism that does nothing to take into account the context of what was happening on the pitch.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, dmayne7 said:

Yeah, should have just punted it out for a goal kick everytime with all those options he had...

Don't think he was great but this is such basic criticism that does nothing to take into account the context of what was happening on the pitch.

He got into great attacking positions, and then knocked it back or played it safe. Piss poor.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

This. It's not like he can take on the full back and put a cross in, when there's literally one target to aim for each time. Id rather he made the space and picked the BEST option. Which he actually does a lot more than anyone thinks. 

1 minute ago, M0901 said:

This. It's not like he can take on the full back and put a cross in, when there's literally one target to aim for each time. Id rather he made the space and picked the BEST option. Which he actually does a lot more than anyone thinks. 

What are you on about, he’s got pace (his only attribute) that’s exactly what he should have been doing; taking on the full back ffs🤷🏻‍♂️

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Kinowe Soorie said:

He’s getting hammered everywhere, maybe sit down and take an aspirin.

Sorry what? I'm not sure what aspirin will help with?

And oh yes, because this forum is so spot on with everything. I said he wasn't great, same as pretty much everybody else. You want to pin that all on Chilwell that's your prerogative. And I'm totally entitled to disagree with that.

Just now, dmayne7 said:

Sorry what? I'm not sure what aspirin will help with?

And oh yes, because this forum is so spot on with everything. I said he wasn't great, same as pretty much everybody else. You want to pin that all on Chilwell that's your prerogative. And I'm totally entitled to disagree with that.

Your fuzzy head.