Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Ben Chilwell

On 07/01/2020 at 19:06, car1os said:

So if Chilwell is so crap, bearing in mind he’s England’s first choice LB, still only 23 and still improving, who would you have instead of him?

Yep, still waiting......

So ok, he could do with working on his right foot. But he’s supplied a number of assists this season both for Leicester and England, is getting better defensively, and is always a menace going forward. Yes, he got turned inside out by Mahrez a couple of weeks ago, but many international/world class defenders have been.  We have to remember he’s still a young player who is developing.

Once again guys, let’s support our own

Fuchs.  I dont discriminate based on age.  Fuchs is just a better player really, its as simple as that.

• Like 2

He was way too hesitant and cautious today. 

He kept going backwards rather than take on a man and make use of the space that was open to him. 

This nervousness is simply not good enough against opposition as this. He's better than this too. 

3/10.

• Like 1

Absolutely abysmal tonight.  I don't usually criticise too much but today he got right on my nerves!  Didn't offer anything going forward, defensively asleep for their goal, didn't go past their fullback once (and by all accounts he has been Villas weakest link so far this season), ponderous in possession, couldn't control the football at times, didn't get any quality into the box and was generally very very poor.

Edited by pazzerfox
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Lcfc-1992 said:

I think he’s better as a full back. Needs a winger to link up with, when there’s nobody in front of him he doesn’t know what to do. 

Agreed. He was asked to play in a role that he isn't mentally sharp enough to play in.

Edited by foxile5

Have always backed Chilwell in the past but if we can get a Maguire type fee for him then take it. Never looked to play any ball tonight that wasn't 100% safe. Used to have energy to burn and had all the attributes for a top wing back. Sod knows what's gone wrong.  

• Like 2

If you're playing as fullback your main job is defending so I would never criticise his attacking play. In the wing back role you have got to make positive moves forward either a forward pass or trying to beat your man - all he did tonight was stop and pass back or lose it every time. Very poor, but still has plenty of time to improve.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, fox in the sox said:

If you're playing as fullback your main job is defending so I would never criticise his attacking play. In the wing back role you have got to make positive moves forward either a forward pass or trying to beat your man - all he did tonight was stop and pass back or lose it every time. Very poor, but still has plenty of time to improve.

His fullback ability wasn’t great on their goal