Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Ben Chilwell

Guest An Sionnach
6 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Surprised I havent seen anyone suggest that we should loan Ben, England's first choice LB, to the Championship yet.

Good call that , definitely wake him up , he would come back next season tougher and more aggressive.

Don't get me wrong both Chilwell and Fuchs are the best left backs by some distance that we have had for a number of years at our disposal! I just wish Chilwell had the attacking ability of Ricardo or the crossing ability of Fuchs but unfortunately he lacks neither. 

Athletically Chilwells engine is really impressive similar to Bale when he used to play left back.

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

James Justin for example?

he won't be our next left back and who ever is won't be as good as Chilwell but most people on here will try and make out he's the best in the world because they have a personal dislike of Chilwell.

I'd rather he passed backwards when he looks up and sees no runners and only Vardy in the box then try to force something with very little chance of success, our movement in and around the attacking 3rd is often awful, its a big part of why we struggle when teams sit back and pack the box

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, lee7 said:

Don't get me wrong both Chilwell and Fuchs are the best left backs by some distance that we have had for a number of years at our disposal! I just wish Chilwell had the attacking ability of Ricardo or the crossing ability of Fuchs but unfortunately he lacks neither. 

Athletically Chilwells engine is really impressive similar to Bale when he used to play left back.

Ricardo has that attacking ability as he is a winger that was converted to full back Chilwell wasn't so never learned that.

I was critical of Benny C after yesterday’s performance but that doesn’t mean I want him gone. He has some top quality attributes - he’s fantastic in the air and if he can plot a route through from deep he can glide effortlessly past defenders at great pace. The fact BR sticks with him is enough for me to show that he’s a top player. There are obvious flaws though that even we as fans can see in an England international’s game and that includes attacking further upfield, passing on responsibility too often to the player behind him and generally his defending could be tighter and more aggressive. Hopefully BR eventually sorts this out with him. Our boss has a great reputation for improving players. 

1 hour ago, sdb said:

So depressing to see our own academy product, England's first choice LB become a scapegoat. He's not even playing badly. Just a little below par. Some people are gonna be ashamed when he's playing for one of the established big 4 in 12 months time and we've got some donkey giving away pens and looking miles off the pace at LB.

He was at fault for the goal last night. He saw the player, got into position, looked a couple of times at him, and then when the ball came in he allowed him to dominate the space and get the shot away. Poor, and this hurt us. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

I'm not just latching onto a poor run of form, I've just never really understood the hype around him. I think he's very average and very replacable. His athleticism is his only real strength when he's got space to run into. 

I know he isn't going to beat his man every time but his lack of desire to even try is painfully frustrating. He has too many lapses in concentration, he is just generally too negative in his play and the very few times he finds himself in a good position his crossing is often very poor. 

It doesn't help his case when you see what Ricardo is capable of on the other side. 

I know he's still young but there's no end he needs to improve on. 

Got to agree with this. I think he's a quite good full back, excellent stamina but really not that great a player. I'd take a good offer for Chilwell and buy Grimaldo.

1 hour ago, sdb said:

So depressing to see our own academy product, England's first choice LB become a scapegoat. He's not even playing badly. Just a little below par. Some people are gonna be ashamed when he's playing for one of the established big 4 in 12 months time and we've got some donkey giving away pens and looking miles off the pace at LB.

I really don’t think he will ever reach the required level to play for a Liverpool or Man City type team 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

I was critical of Benny C after yesterday’s performance but that doesn’t mean I want him gone. He has some top quality attributes - he’s fantastic in the air and if he can plot a route through from deep he can glide effortlessly past defenders at great pace. The fact BR sticks with him is enough for me to show that he’s a top player. There are obvious flaws though that even we as fans can see in an England international’s game and that includes attacking further upfield, passing on responsibility too often to the player behind him and generally his defending could be tighter and more aggressive. Hopefully BR eventually sorts this out with him. Our boss has a great reputation for improving players. 

For someone fantastic in the air he tends to shirk quite a few aerial challenges. 

24 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

he won't be our next left back and who ever is won't be as good as Chilwell but most people on here will try and make out he's the best in the world because they have a personal dislike of Chilwell.

I'd rather he passed backwards when he looks up and sees no runners and only Vardy in the box then try to force something with very little chance of success, our movement in and around the attacking 3rd is often awful, its a big part of why we struggle when teams sit back and pack the box

Agree with this though I would like to see him drive to the by-line a bit more a drill the crosses along the floor. You're spot on re movement. It was very poor vs Villa. I do think Chilwells' first instinct is to turn inside and pass back though. Probably because he isn't very good with his right foot?

2 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Got to agree with this. I think he's a quite good full back, excellent stamina but really not that great a player. I'd take a good offer for Chilwell and buy Grimaldo.

Ricardo,gets rumbled a few times in Any game,and goals /crosses come also from his side......But nobody goes on a rant.

Chilwell is targeted by some on this forum...both be und Maddison draw the Blame brigade,often well OTT...

That doesn t mean hes free from critic,or he doesn t make mistakes or have poor moments sometimes....But then so do others....

Chilwell has earnt the England shirt,but hes still developing and 2-3 seasons Off being One of those 89%-98% game consistent players.

24-25yrs old...thats about right IMO...  Bale,Whitworth,Rodrigues,Pearce,Colle and majority of Wclass - Foreign players past and present FBs,other defenders,also went through those ups und downs.....I believe Social- Media allows the frustrated to air even Views that are well OTT.....Somewhere there is a fine balance.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, reynard said:

Agree with this though I would like to see him drive to the by-line a bit more a drill the crosses along the floor. You're spot on re movement. It was very poor vs Villa. I do think Chilwells' first instinct is to turn inside and pass back though. Probably because he isn't very good with his right foot?

what does not being good on his right foot have to do with getting to the by line and drilling a cross? he doesn't do it because he doesn't have a wingers instinct, Ricardo does, Albrighton and Gray do but neither Barnes nor Chilwell do?

His crossing is fine for England as they have good movement and get more than the striker into the box

1 hour ago, sdb said:

We bringing back Konchesky then?

• Haha 3

Guest An Sionnach
1 hour ago, sdb said:

From where I am we only have a big one and no way is Benny going to usurp Robertson.

Trust Rodgers to know what he is doing in regards to anything related to football at the club over you bunch of mutts.

When I came here you were all begging for top 6 and look at you now. Crying, pissing and moaning about Ben Chilwell and you're in 2nd place with half the season gone already.

This place :beer:

7 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Trust Rodgers to know what he is doing in regards to anything related to football at the club over you bunch of mutts.

When I came here you were all begging for top 6 and look at you now. Crying, pissing and moaning about Ben Chilwell and you're in 2nd place with half the season gone already.

This place :beer:

Nice and refreshing, with enthusiasm, hope and a humongous portion of "stop being spoilt and show some faith" on the side

:worship: