Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Ben Chilwell

3 minutes ago, AylestoneRaider said:

So all of the top clubs are interested in an attacking full back that is easily replaceable and has a ‘woeful’ end product. Something isn’t adding up for me  !!!!!!

Wheres this list of top clubs that are interested. I grant he wont leave for l2. But stop reading the papers. Theres never been a firm bid in the last 4 years. 

1 minute ago, Bayfox said:

I never said it was a disgrace I said it needed work. I also accept that he may only leave us for a so called big club, but if you were sat scouting him what would your reports say. 

Gets up and down the pitch, has great energy. Often found wanting defensively, such as send Mahrez inside over and over again.  And lacks end product going the other way. Often panics, cuts back onto his weak foot, over hits crosses and lacks conviction.

If I'm wrong please let me know what I'm missing. I reckon he's probably up there in the top lbs in the league right now. But his competition is poor. Other than Robertson, you are talking, mendy, shaw, vertonghen is playing lb for spurs, the lad at arsenal cant defend either. Alonso gets slated at Chelsea.

You said his end product is woeful. 

Guest An Sionnach
1 minute ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Phew for a minute there I thought this thread was hot because there was a credible rumour of a club bidding for him!

Nope , its really about what Rodgers needs to do to use him to our best advantage.

3 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Phew for a minute there I thought this thread was hot because there was a credible rumour of a club bidding for him!

Partick Thistle in a little scribble I did not bother doing, ……….. I should write for the tabloids:beer:

Just now, AylestoneRaider said:

He is a class act and is getting better and better - I object to posts where people call a player of this calibre’s end product woeful and a disgrace - simply not true. N

Well his end product hasn't been great, it's definitely been better this season though. Previously he really needed to be doing better considering the positions he got in. 

I think it would shock people to know he as the same assists as Maddison and more than Ricardo this season. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Wheres this list of top clubs that are interested. I grant he wont leave for l2. But stop reading the papers. Theres never been a firm bid in the last 4 years. 

I contend that if agents became aware he was available at the right price you would see firm offers from Chelsea, Spurs and City. That is my opinion and I’m comfortable with it. I don’t think that would be the case if his end product was either woeful or a disgrace.

I love watching Chillwell and the rest of this side and unwarranted levels of criticism irk me!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AylestoneRaider said:

I contend that if agents became aware he was available at the right price you would see firm offers from Chelsea, Spurs and City. That is my opinion and I’m comfortable with it. I don’t think that would be the case if his end product was either woeful or a disgrace.

I love watching Chillwell and the rest of this side and unwarranted levels of criticism irk me!

Spurs. So about 15 million then lol

4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Well his end product hasn't been great, it's definitely been better this season though. Previously he really needed to be doing better considering the positions he got in. 

I think it would shock people to know he as the same assists as Maddison and more than Ricardo this season. 

I think he is a great attacking asset - intelligent runs, good ball retention and generally a very good outlet in our impressive away games - particularly v Brighton and Palace - less so at Villa...

2 minutes ago, AylestoneRaider said:

Yeah as they paid over 50m for Davison Sanchez about three years ago. Anyway - I contend that Chilwell’s end product is not woeful. Good luck for 2020 - over and out x

36 potentially rising to 42. But ok. Well done for finding 1 player they spent money on.:thumbup:

I'll stick with its woeful for a player that everyone thinks is world class because the media say so.  Deffo room for improvement.

I'll wait for the move to Real or Barca etc to come true and we will see how he gets on.

Chilwell's crossing has improved a great deal this year.  Not so many aimless floated ball's that we saw under Puel, I have seen him drill passes in to feet from a crossing position.  

He has improved year on year and is still a young player yet to hit his ceiling.  I reckon 18 of the other 19 clubs would love to have him!  He deserves our support.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, murphy said:

Chilwell's crossing has improved a great deal this year.  Not so many aimless floated ball's that we saw under Puel, I have seen him drill passes in to feet from a crossing position.  

He has improved year on year and is still a young player yet to hit his ceiling.  I reckon 18 of the other 19 clubs would love to have him!  He deserves our support.

Never said I didn't. But they doesn't make him world class, or the next maldini or carlos, cafu. Lahm or even ashley Cole. It makes him ok. If theres 18 worse lbs in the PL it does prove the fact the premier league is brilliantly marketed.

It doesn't mean I don't appreciate him, infact I respect what he went away and did the other summer. And if he can take that determination to improve his fitness into improving his end product. Great he will be a fantastic player and asset in the future. 

All players wearing the badge deserve absolutely the best support on a match day. And it's not like I'm calling him out on Twitter, but this is a forum for debate. I've actually enjoyed the last half hour. I love a reasonable debate. But I do believe he has plenty to work on.

I do wish Fuchs was about 10 years you get with chilwells engine as his delivery can be deadly. And he's better positionally and more intelligent as I said I'd love to think Brendan is trying to get chilwell to listen and learn from that.

31 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Chilwell is not world class, and of story. It's not even an argument, just because a big club wants you, it doesn't make you world class. 

He's a very decent player, but being English makes it more likely to get a big move because they all want decent English players to meet the quotas. If he was Spanish, would there be as much interest. Probably not. 

I think if he was Spanish and he moved to one of the traditional Big 6 for decent money, he’d probably be seen as a bit sh!t after a season. 

17 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Never said I didn't.

What?   I wasn't replying to you, just making a general point about his crossing and improvement.

19 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

But they doesn't make him world class, or the next maldini or carlos, cafu. Lahm or even ashley Cole. It makes him ok. If theres 18 worse lbs in the PL it does prove the fact the premier league is brilliantly marketed.

It doesn't mean I don't appreciate him, infact I respect what he went away and did the other summer. And if he can take that determination to improve his fitness into improving his end product. Great he will be a fantastic player and asset in the future. 

All players wearing the badge deserve absolutely the best support on a match day. And it's not like I'm calling him out on Twitter, but this is a forum for debate. I've actually enjoyed the last half hour. I love a reasonable debate. But I do believe he has plenty to work on.

I do wish Fuchs was about 10 years you get with chilwells engine as his delivery can be deadly. And he's better positionally and more intelligent as I said I'd love to think Brendan is trying to get chilwell to listen and learn from that.

I didn't say he was world class, however, by definition, if there are 18 worse LBs in the PL that makes him special not just 'OK'.  OK would be 8th, 9th or 10th best.

I think Chilwell gets a bit of criticism from some fans - as you see above and that includes me - because he keeps getting into the side even after he played cr*p for a sustained period while others have done well when they played (eg. Fuchs earlier in the season and pretty much on the few occasions he played over the past 2 seasons and is such a hero).  Frustration unfortunately built up with some fans when they wanted the better player in Fuchs to play instead of Chilwell particularly when he played poorly whilst you can visibly see him shouting at and blaming other players on the pitch. Yes, he is younger and the future, but we have said that for 2-3 years now - Fuchs is still only 33 and he was around 30 when he started to get shut out and so some fans did get frustrated at that argument. It is also about who is better and deserves to play. Yes, maybe when you are 35 like Morgan you should start to sit on the bench a bit but not when you were 30, 31 and still doing very well. Fuchs this year is still very good but was even better last 2 years.

We should instead say we are lucky to have Fuchs.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

I think Chilwell gets a bit of criticism from some fans - as you see above and that includes me - because he keeps getting into the side even after he played cr*p for a sustained period while others have done well when they played (eg. Fuchs earlier in the season and pretty much on the few occasions he played over the past 2 seasons and is such a hero).  Frustration unfortunately built up with some fans when they wanted the better player in Fuchs to play instead of Chilwell particularly when he played poorly whilst you can visibly see him shouting at and blaming other players on the pitch. Yes, he is younger and the future, but we have said that for 2-3 years now - Fuchs is still only 33 and he was around 30 when he started to get shut out and so some fans did get frustrated at that argument. It is also about who is better and deserves to play. Yes, maybe when you are 35 like Morgan you should start to sit on the bench a bit but not when you were 30, 31 and still doing very well. Fuchs this year is still very good but was even better last 2 years.

We should instead say we are lucky to have Fuchs.

Fuchs is probably the best backup leftback in the league, but he is not better than Chilwell, just different.

• Like 1

I wish he could learn to strike a ball as well as Fuchs. 

the dilemma for me is this, do we sell Chilwell whilst he’s as the peak of his value similar to Maguire or do we keep him? I can’t see his attacking output increasing much even at his young age.

£60m is too much to turn down for me.