Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Ben Chilwell

All you need to do is look how forward Ricardo was on the right and how far back Chilwell was on the left.

When Ricardo collects the ball he is always just outside the 18 yard box, he shows willingness to get forward.

When Chilwell collects the ball he's always about 30 yards from goal, hardly ever shows willingness to make forward runs and tends to pass sideways or backwards.

Chilwell is a negative thinker, if we cashed in and sold him I wouldn't be particularly bothered.

• Like 4

Madness that he was not subbed for Barnes who would at least have asked some questions whilst sitting on the left touchline, or he could have gone back into defence and have taken Fuchs off. We were crying out for someone to take their man on.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, fox in the sox said:

If you're playing as fullback your main job is defending so I would never criticise his attacking play. In the wing back role you have got to make positive moves forward either a forward pass or trying to beat your man - all he did tonight was stop and pass back or lose it every time. Very poor, but still has plenty of time to improve.

He was not playing as a full back, we were supposed to have rampaging wing backs, well i presume that was the plan.

13 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

Chilwell needs to break from deep and run on to balls. 

That's when he upsets other sides rhythm. 

Getting the ball from a standing position is not his strength. 

Agree..his main asset is his pace on the ball and running at defences on the break.....playing against a side that sits back negates this..

his main weakness is his unwillingness to use his right foot ..the goal conceded tonight he should have been trying to clear that with his right foot instead of the outside of his left

• Like 2

How anyone can justify his performances is beyond me,

he is simply crap,I’ve said for ages he’s overrated and the fact that I used to get slated for this,yet there’s now 37 pages with the majority saying the same justifies my opinion of him,

he is the week link in our squad and I would personally drive him to another team and not even charge him diesel  

• Like 2

Says a lot about the england team when chilwell is 1st choice left back and Ricardo is about 3rd choice right back for Portugal! Ricardo is a much better defensively and going forward, he needs a new deal! he's everything you want and need from that position, chilwell isn't!

Forgetting any attacking play, the goal we conceded tonight he gets back to cover, gets goal side, has a couple of looks where he is in case the cross comes in and when it does hes allowed him to get the touch. It's a good ball in but it should be dealt with and he has time and space to do it, garbage!

• Like 2

Not being too harsh as wing back is not his normal position but he’s constantly at Barnes for not making runs then does exactly the same himself all night. Has no forward intent whatsoever. And his defending has always been suspect 

Out of position and exposed. One footed which led to lack of offensive prowess. Far better as a fullback. I would have subbed Fuchs for Barnes and gone to a back four tonight second half. 

May need a one game on bench/rest this weekend. 

Was wretched tonight…. The amount  of times he’s 1 v 1 and just dipped it back was shocking…. If you’re playing wingback, you’ve got to try and take your man on at some point…. He completely bottled it

Needs to buck up…

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, FLAN said:

Not being too harsh as wing back is not his normal position but he’s constantly at Barnes for not making runs then does exactly the same himself all night. Has no forward intent whatsoever. And his defending has always been suspect 

I take some of this lack of harshness back. Having seen a replay of the goal that was shocking defending (not untypical)

Just now, shailen said:

Some of you must have thought Alan Maybury was like Roberto Carlos. Perspective! 

It doesn’t matter what league it is, if someone puts a bad performance in, people are going to moan. We can’t accept bad performances and just say “ Oh well 15 years ago Alan Maybury was at full back with Jason Wilcox. 

Plus we’ve moved on from them days and some fans need to aswell. We can’t just have this “ little Leicester city” attitude anymore if we’re gonna try and compete in the top 6.

• Like 3

Runs very well with the ball .... and then passes it backwards giving away any attacking advantage that he might have created 

The lack of end product is really noticeable 

That said I think his defending has improved significantly over the past couple of seasons. Still young with his best years ahead of him. Hopefully decent coaching can improve him further.

• Like 2