Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Leicester banked £80m lump sum from Manchester United for Harry Maguire - and Brendan Rodgers is preparing to spend it

2 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Curious to what people think about the credibility of Percy in regards to Leicester.

Don't know what to think right now. Sounds like a lot of BS but I don't want insult the guy.

He's pretty much one of the best. 

1 hour ago, TK95 said:

Sounds like another BS article. Why on earth would we bring in another CB :blink:

Possibly more Benkovic and Soyuncu type players. Have to keep the production line moving.

1 minute ago, foxestalkisfullofidiots said:

For me he always seems spot on and breaks a lot of the transfers news too, very much ITK

5 minutes ago, brucey said:

He's pretty much one of the best. 

That's what I thought. Always seemed very reputable even for other clubs. For me the Telegraph is usually right on and very little BS.

Think there's a lot of info from the summer as well as various quotes from the season so far. Toss them all together and BINGO a story.

Actually would prefer to build the club further by allocating a decent chunk of it to stadium upgrades and an expanded recruitment network to complement the new training centre. Otherwise it's easy to have absolutely nothing to show for £85m worth of cash with just 1 or 2 bad buys - case in point Slimani, Musa, Silva, iheanacho, etc etc.

Disappointing if Benkovic isn’t sufficient cover at CB. I’d hope that he would be the 4th choice to the end of the season, then replace Wes with another up and coming youngster with Benk becoming 3rd choice.

Much rather money was spent as competition for Chilwell at LB and at least 1 winger/inside forward, maybe another go at getting a longer term Vardy replacement.

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

The Glaziers use United as a receptacle for bad debts, so why should they pay £85m upfront!!!!

55 minutes ago, Tuna said:

It's been a good year for the glass industry.

They'd be shattered.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

..very suspicious that statement!!!

No club pays up the fees in one lump sum. The Glaziers use United as a receptacle for bad debts, so why should they pay £85m upfront!!!!

Perhaps we were holding out for £90m and they didn't want to be seen to be paying that so £80m +£5m add ons was the compromise?

i would prefer that they prepare for the inevitable attempts to sign Maddison, Chilwell, Ricardo etc - i.e. look for young talent.  Maybe you grab some low cost veteran cover for Evans/Soyuncu. One need I would target - and be willing to pay for - is another striker.

3 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7600885/Real-Madrid-sell-Brahim-Diaz-YEAR-signing-Manchester-City-22m.html

Brahim Diaz is available if you believe a couple of outlets of disrepute this morning. Could be an ideal Rodgers signing and a long-term boost to the midfield.

A loan deal in January with a view to a permanent deal would be nice.

As regard to Percy's article, whoever comes in is going to be 3rd choice at best but if Benkovic just can't get fit enough then I can see why we would look to bring someone in if we're in the mix for a top 4 place. The likes of Ake or Tarkowski won't be coming though.

So pleased the club is in such safe hands at the mo, both on and of the field. Money to spend (and I trust Rodgers completely in terms of signings) and equally as pleased to see he wants to offload the dross.

Genuinely believe we can get top 6 this season and wouldn’t be shocked if we made top 4

BUT we must keep Vardy fit. He remains central to how we play and if he gets a bad injury, this is where we would struggle. Forget the defence for the moment, imo we need a proper second striker.

• Like 1

We've got one of the best defensive records in the league. If we're looking at defenders it'll be for the left side to challenge Chilly. 

I think Rodgers is concerned about our lack of creativity out wide. I think we'll spend big on a proven winger either in Jan or next summer. 

With some big teams off form and our amazing start, I think the owners might tell Rodgers to roll the notes and get in some flair, so we can push for top 4 while we've got a glowing chance.

4 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

So pleased the club is in such safe hands at the mo, both on and of the field. Money to spend (and I trust Rodgers completely in terms of signings) and equally as pleased to see he wants to offload the dross.

Genuinely believe we can get top 6 this season and wouldn’t be shocked if we made top 4

BUT we must keep Vardy fit. He remains central to how we play and if he gets a bad injury, this is where we would struggle. Forget the defence for the moment, imo we need a proper second striker.

Maupay would have been perfect for us 

Don't get the CB requirement, why not have Benko on standby with Big Wes? We need a talented winger and still need an effective striking option.

Let's not also ignore the 2 season turnover for star players. Madders will fit that bill come the summer and no point ignoring it. Hes ambitious, we are his third perm club since a boy and still only 22. Hes moving up the ladder and we are the run before the big one. Would be a huge creative loss to the team and that alone needs addressing once we reach it.