Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Leicester banked £80m lump sum from Manchester United for Harry Maguire - and Brendan Rodgers is preparing to spend it

51 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

The leading scorer in the Champions League with 6 goals in 3 games and something like 13 goals already in total this season. With stats like that at his age (19) it puts him in the Mbappe / Felix / Sancho price range I’d imagine so wouldn’t get your hopes up. 

Looks like a tremendous player though and one destined for the Premier League. 

huge Leeds united fan apparently and would want to sign for them if they get promoted.

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

The leading scorer in the Champions League with 6 goals in 3 games and something like 13 goals already in total this season. With stats like that at his age (19) it puts him in the Mbappe / Felix / Sancho price range I’d imagine so wouldn’t get your hopes up. 

He's scored 20 already this season, astonishing

• Like 2

5 hours ago, DrezZone said:

If we achieve top 4 this season, I'd love for us to go for Haaland. He's the 19 year old everyone's been raving about.

Less than a year into his contract, one of the hottest properties in all of Europe (4 hat-tricks already this season!) and being tracked by Real Madrid and Manchester United (and undoubtedly other clubs with more pulling power than ourselves). We'd have no chance whatsoever of getting him.

I expect he'll most likely stay where he is for this season and the next, then go to Man City (where his dad used to play) to replace Aguero once he moves on.

Edited by Xen

On 22/10/2019 at 23:32, Nicolo Barella said:

Total bullshit lol. Why would we spunk the greater part of £80 million on a 3rd choice centreback when Benkovic clearly has a lot of talent and blew away the SPL and Europa. Percy absolutely pulling things from his arse. If the £80 million lump sum thing is correct, however, we absolutely ruined Man Utd on that deal. 

Yep, makes up for a couple of our duds, not that HM is a dud signing, but 85 mil, jeez. 

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

I don’t know whether he could be placed in the ‘Mbappe / Felix / Sancho’ price range just yet, as whilst his goal scoring record is mental, it is still for Salzburg in the Austrian League. 

I could see him moving to Leipzig after Werner inevitably moves on, score a **** load in the Bundesliga for a year or two then one of the massive clubs sign him. 

All speculation but wouldn’t surprise me if this was Red Bull’s plan 

That does sound like the obvious plan, but there will be a host of PL clubs who will try and cut that process out and get him if possible

On 23/10/2019 at 10:07, sdb said:

As has been said, it's only wode areas where we can realistically strengthen right now, and that's not going to be easy. We're hardly lacking good options there and it's more a case of form and confidence.

However, over the next 3 windows we must surely be looking to recruit:

- a CB (Wes replacement/Benko competition)

- a LB (Chilly comp/Fuchs replacement)

- a winger (proven goalscorer)

- a striker (for if/when the unthinkable happens)

I'd be happy to see us do what we do best and invest in youth, with a year or 2 of bedding in before they're needed in the first XI.

Correct - except I think at LB. We have JJ as cover for both FB roles for next season, and for the season after one of Ughelumba or Luke Thomas, both very promising development squad LBs.

I don't get why so many on here are puzzled by the CB story. Benko needs to go out on loan to prove his fitness, and Wes retires at the end of the season. We'll need at least one new CB for next season, even if Cags and Evans remain our first choice pair.

52 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

I don’t think he’ll go til the summer for a cut price fee.

it’s all about what Monaco want to do. they have first dibs on him and have a fee agreed of about 8 million pounds. he’ll soon be 32... i don’t think we will get more than 10 million for him anyway

15 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

He's very well connected.

Although plenty on here doubted him and his sources with stories about the previous manager - even though he (and several others) were printing facts.

He's definitely reliable. Not as good as Sean from Enderby or @LinekersApples, who can have fans waiting on their every word.

2 hours ago, Steve Earle said:

Correct - except I think at LB. We have JJ as cover for both FB roles for next season, and for the season after one of Ughelumba or Luke Thomas, both very promising development squad LBs.

I don't get why so many on here are puzzled by the CB story. Benko needs to go out on loan to prove his fitness, and Wes retires at the end of the season. We'll need at least one new CB for next season, even if Cags and Evans remain our first choice pair.

I think the way the article was worded led a few people to think we're going to spunk the bulk of the Maguire earnings on a replacement in January. 

I really hope we're smarter than that and try and either get someone in on loan or promote a youth player if we have one good enough. We're definitely going to need a high quality CB  next season if we manage to get into Europe.

If we're after another cb, what about Eric Dier. I know people have mixed opinions on him and what his best position is but for me, his attributes have always pointed to him being a better centre back than defensive midfielder. Spurs supposedly want rid, his wages are reasonable at 60k and he also offers another option in midfield. 25 years old with 40 caps under his belt and possibly a point to prove to get back into the England squad. I think he'd certainly be less risky than an unknown from a foreign league and having Evans, Soyuncu and Dier as options with Wes incase of emergency sounds good to me. All that said, the price has to be right of course! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

I don’t know whether he could be placed in the ‘Mbappe / Felix / Sancho’ price range just yet, as whilst his goal scoring record is mental, it is still for Salzburg in the Austrian League. 

I could see him moving to Leipzig after Werner inevitably moves on, score a **** load in the Bundesliga for a year or two then one of the massive clubs sign him. 

All speculation but wouldn’t surprise me if this was Red Bull’s plan 

A very good point about the Austrian League. 

RB Salzburg are in the same position as Celtic without a serious contender like Rangers.  My local Team are currently bottom of the pile and would make Burnley look like Barcelona.   So what he is up against in League matches is not great, BUT you cannot argue against his CL stats.  

Will probably end up at Leipzig as the Red Bull Soccer Franchise is not short of a few Euros.  Exports direct from the Austrian League do not travel well other than to Germany.   Our very good friends Celtic bought a FB from Rapid Vienna for a few Million in the last window and he makes Alan Woolett look like Roberto Carlos.

He could however, turn out to be the next Messi!

Demiral actually makes a lot of sense. Naturally left sided, highly rated, not getting much of a game so would be open to a move I reckon and of course the Soyuncu links.

Benkovic - if we can loan him out to a Norwich kind of side we'd have done well, he'd actually get games for them and he gets to grips with the league.

Heard a whisper we'll go big on Ziyech...

17 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

He's also a complete all-round striker too by the looks of it. I read something about him recently that he was always a quick, lean type of striker but has had some extraordinary growth spurt, so now has the physical powerhouse element to go with what he originally had.

He could be another Zlatan honestly.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Demiral actually makes a lot of sense. Naturally left sided, highly rated, not getting much of a game so would be open to a move I reckon and of course the Soyuncu links.

Benkovic - if we can loan him out to a Norwich kind of side we'd have done well, he'd actually get games for them and he gets to grips with the league.

Heard a whisper we'll go big on Ziyech...

Heard a whisper @RoyFox is going big on pleasuring himself over this...

9 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

He's also a complete all-round striker too by the looks of it. I read something about him recently that he was always a quick, lean type of striker but has had some extraordinary growth spurt, so now has the physical powerhouse element to go with what he originally had.

He could be another Zlatan honestly.

He’s rapid an can run with ball whereas Ibrahimovic never really could. EBH can do literally everything you’d want in a striker, genetic freak 

40 minutes ago, Stadt said:

He’s rapid an can run with ball whereas Ibrahimovic never really could. EBH can do literally everything you’d want in a striker, genetic freak 

That's basically why we've got no chance. Know a few have said they'll move him onto Leipzig but he looks like a generational talent and the top clubs won't risk someone else gettng in first.

Fuchs that, 65 mill + Demari for Zaha. Our scoring numbers are well below what a 3rd place Prem team should have. Zaha is an elite RW. He will make our attacking players better by demanding extra attention. He would play a similar role to Mahrez for us, as he can beat defenders off the dribble and make something happen against a low block. Go borrow a young defender from somewhere and buy more goals, it is a no-brainer.

Once completely fit, why not have Amartey train to be our backup CB? Was his main position for his country, right? (And it is doubtful he would be ahead of Ndidi, Hamza, or JJ in the other positions.) I hope Rodgers at least considers the possibility.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, FireFox said:

Once completely fit, why not have Amartey train to be our backup CB? Was his main position for his country, right? (And it is doubtful he would be ahead of Ndidi, Hamza, or JJ in the other positions.) I hope Rodgers at least considers the possibility.

Good shout, we can wait until summer to sign a backup centreback, when it's easier.