Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Leicester banked £80m lump sum from Manchester United for Harry Maguire - and Brendan Rodgers is preparing to spend it

2 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

I'm not sure talent is the issue, more that he struggles to stay fit for any decent amount of time.

Doesn't matter how good a player you are if the club can't get you on the pitch! 

Is that a dig at Matty James:ph34r:?

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Col city fan said:

I like Wilson but isn’t he pretty injury prone?

I’d like to see us in for a great young Championship striker or even League 1

Someone with a point to prove.

Valid point. But you could say the same about Albrighton who was injury prone before joining us, as was Wes according to Forest fans. Our behind the scenes team are so good they can fix anything 🤣 (apart from Matty James)

• Haha 1

If we’re sending Benkovic out on loan then we 100% need another CB but should be a £25m max buy from abroad.

I reckon we might bring in a young left back in January so they get half a seasons of Fuchs experience to learn from.

Hopefully we go big for a left footed right winger in January to help us on the push for top 4, a striker wouldn’t go amiss either.

3 hours ago, Gazza M said:

Nacho, Benkovic and Mendy all out in Jan it would seem from this article. Shame on Benkovic but maybe Rodgers does want a long term ready to go Evans and defo Morgan replacement. 

Benkovic is for a loan. He needs to play if he's ever going to compete for the first team. U23s is not going to cut it.

Iheanacho is for a loan also with Mendy the only one allowed to leave permanently.

12 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Iheanacho out on loan and then get a back up striker, a shit hot winger and if needs be cover for centre back and loan Benkovic out.

That's one hell of a winter window................ and to think you called me over optimistic.:giggle:

5 hours ago, ealingfox said:

I'm reading from that we aren't too enamoured with Benkovic. Whilst he impressed at Celtic in the SPL, now he's stepped up a level to Leicester U23s seems he doesn't stand out.

This is why loaning players to kick around on plastic pitches in the SPL is not a clever idea.  I said this when he went there. The Championship is a far better option as this is a good standard and very competitive week in and week out. Although loaning him out with only Wes as cover is not a bright idea.  

47 minutes ago, Mehrez said:

If we’re sending Benkovic out on loan then we 100% need another CB but should be a £25m max buy from abroad.

I reckon we might bring in a young left back in January so they get half a seasons of Fuchs experience to learn from.

Hopefully we go big for a left footed right winger in January to help us on the push for top 4, a striker wouldn’t go amiss either.

Max Imum from Iran? 

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Well we did, we just then at some point down the line made a transaction to Hull of monies owed. 

i’m pretty sure the article intends the reader to believe we are sitting on an 80m ‘warchest’ exclusively from the deal..

• Like 1

On 23/10/2019 at 00:00, SO1 said:

Curious to what people think about the credibility of Percy in regards to Leicester.

Don't know what to think right now. Sounds like a lot of BS but I don't want insult the guy.

On 23/10/2019 at 00:04, brucey said:

He's pretty much one of the best. 

23 hours ago, foxestalkisfullofidiots said:

For me he always seems spot on and breaks a lot of the transfers news too, very much ITK

16 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Percy is known to have decent club info so why doubt him ????

15 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

As Percy is so close to the club there’s either truth to it or it’s being published for a reason. 

15 hours ago, North Leeds Fox said:

Percy is usually spot on.

He's very well connected.

Although plenty on here doubted him and his sources with stories about the previous manager - even though he (and several others) were printing facts.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, SO1 said:

Benkovic is for a loan. He needs to play if he's ever going to compete for the first team. U23s is not going to cut it.

Iheanacho is for a loan also with Mendy the only one allowed to leave permanently.

That's as I read it also. If Brendan thought he could compete now he would be in our 18 now in my opinion. Cant help but think he will go next summer however. 

8 hours ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

Yes, some people think the £96m we spent in the summer comes from our existing budget.

But we didn't spend £96m in the summer, did we? I haven't got sight of the accounts but I'd be very surprised if much of that was paid up front in a lump sum. It will most probably be spread over the length of the contracts based on targets, appearances etc unlike the transaction from Man Utd. 

4 hours ago, DrezZone said:

If we achieve top 4 this season, I'd love for us to go for Haaland. He's the 19 year old everyone's been raving about.

The leading scorer in the Champions League with 6 goals in 3 games and something like 13 goals already in total this season. With stats like that at his age (19) it puts him in the Mbappe / Felix / Sancho price range I’d imagine so wouldn’t get your hopes up. 

Looks like a tremendous player though and one destined for the Premier League.