Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Leicester banked £80m lump sum from Manchester United for Harry Maguire - and Brendan Rodgers is preparing to spend it

Despite all the money that we have, we cannot move away from our transfer strategy. Only sign players on the up with something to prove, I wouldn't like to see proven players here as I'm worried they'll see us as a step down and not really give their all for the club. I'd rather we sign players who want to use us as a stepping stone as at least whilst they are here they will help take us to another level and who knows it might end up establishing us as a top club and they might end up wanting to stay. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, shailen said:

Despite all the money that we have, we cannot move away from our transfer strategy. Only sign players on the up with something to prove, I wouldn't like to see proven players here as I'm worried they'll see us as a step down and not really give their all for the club. I'd rather we sign players who want to use us as a stepping stone as at least whilst they are here they will help take us to another level and who knows it might end up establishing us as a top club and they might end up wanting to stay. 

Or the "one season wonders" like the one pointing out of your profile picture!!

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Or the "one season wonders" like the one pointing out of your profile picture!!

😂, It's what we needed at the time but I agree that we are now past that. Crazy to think we may have not got Kante had he stayed so he might have made himself even more of a legend. 

• Like 1

On 31/07/2020 at 18:11, KingsX said:

Zaha has destroyed his own valuation ... though I would guess not the asking price.  He'll be there until Palace go down.  Which could be next season (at which point he'll be nearly 29).

There are so many younger, hungrier, more productive options this summer at £60M or whatever, it's laughable.

Absolutely. His age, no resale value and stats of about 4 goals in 38 games gives himself a value for me of 40m max. In Palace hadn't have been so stubbornly greedy last year they could have cashed in handsomely. 

Tbf to Zaha, I'm not disagreeing about his assists and goal numbers which I've always felt are poor, but he does play in a poor Palace side. He'd get more assists playing with Vardy.

Great player, Zaha.  But I don't think he's what we need.

I hope we get Brooks who I would see is a player who could get (or create) a late goal in tight match.  We don't have enough players who regularly do that.  Maddison, Ienacho and Vardy seem the most likely currently.

A right sided forward player has to be priority.  If we get one, the next weakest link in our first 11 would , in my opinion,  be Barnes.  Barnes is likely to improve further.  

It is amusing that fans want us to keep hold of our better players yet want us to restrict ourselves to buying players who will have a sell on value. We need a winger in his prime, though I wouldn't be keen on Zaha after last season and the silly fee Palace will demand

1 hour ago, Walkers said:

It is amusing that fans want us to keep hold of our better players yet want us to restrict ourselves to buying players who will have a sell on value. We need a winger in his prime, though I wouldn't be keen on Zaha after last season and the silly fee Palace will demand

Anybody thats under 25 that has been scouted well should have a resale value, and as proven with Maguire, Maddison, Pereira, Soyunchu, Mahrez, Kante even Nacho if we were to sell him we'd possibly break even, the values go up, its when you pay big money over that age you stand to lose as has been shown with Silva and Slimani, I'm not really sure what the fee was received for Musa, but i'd doubt it was a loss. Zahas age is what put's the fee so high and the likely resale as lower, just need to source players that are 1-2 years from really breaking through. Even Vardy signing at 25 shows this age, even allows for the odd late bloomer, that can emerge.

Edited by Beachyboy
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, FOXYTALK said:

Wouldn't sign Zaha. Doesn't show ambition and happy to take 130k pw at Palace. Wouldn't improve our staring xi imo. 

The question is value always when going into the market, anything over £20 million for him doesn't offer that, any team would take him for anything less than that, but obviously Palace don't need to sell so he will probably end up going to Everton for £50 million.

Just now, Beachyboy said:

The question is value always when going into the market, anything over £20 million for him doesn't offer that, any team would take him for anything less than that, but obviously Palace don't need to sell so he will probably end up going to Everton for £50 million.

I'd be happy with that. To old and would cost to much. Seems like a bad character, and would command top wages at the club. Rather we pursue either a free player, or younger hungrier players for the reported fees mentioned. 

2 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

Anybody thats under 25 that has been scouted well should have a resale value, and as proven with Maguire, Maddison, Pereira, Soyunchu, Mahrez, Kante even Nacho if we were to sell him we'd possibly break even, the values go up, its when you pay big money over that age you stand to lose as has been shown with Silva and Slimani, I'm not really sure what the fee was received for Musa, but i'd doubt it was a loss. Zahas age is what put's the fee so high and the likely resale as lower, just need to source players that are 1-2 years from really breaking through.

My point is though that there is no harm in signing a ready made player because ideally we'd like him to finish our career with us. If we did sign Zaha and he was our first choice winger until he retires or starts to fade at 32/33 and helps us progress, then it doesn't matter what money we make back (if any). Bit like if Slimani was a key player for us since he signed and we let him go next year having bagged 70+ goals in his time here

3 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

I’d love him here down the right but the money could be invested better. Like it or not we’re not going to be buying players at over 40ish million in my opinion. 

We have proven theres great value in the £15-£25 million market for the right player, an it's a sustainable model that can continue to work