Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
49er

Biggest win or loss in a game you have played in

Following the lad’s nine goal salvo, have you played in a game where your side has scored or conceded more than nine goals in a match.

I’ll get the ball rolling. Scored five goals in an 18-0 youth Sunday League game. The previous week the opposition had lost 32-0 so there were signs of an improvement. Also lost 12-0 away to English Martyrs, 11-0 against Crown Hills and 10-1 against Inglehurst. Can anyone else beat these?

I remember playing for Wigston Boys Club against Blaby Boys Club on Saffron Lane. We lost 12-0 and I’m pretty sure their centre forward got a hat-trick. His name? Peter Shilton who, apparently had insisted on playing out for once, so he might at least get a touch of the ball. Yes, Blaby really were that good in those days!

I played for Glenfield under 14’s against Tilton on the Hill back in 1973. We won 26-1. How they got one I can’t remember! I got a triple Hat-Trick (9 goals!).

I remember I got my name in the Sporting Buff, back then it was produced by the Mercury and came out on a Saturday evening with the days results from the big leagues. It was then filled with reports on local league and youth league games from the week before.

Like the Sporting blue did, the kids/youth leagues would get a general write up with the odd game commented on. I was chuffed I got a mention but a bit pissed off they spelt my name wrong 😂

The town I grew up in had two football clubs. One for all the talented kids, which my brother played for. And one for all the stiffs, like myself. We played each other just once, in a preseason cup tournament. We lost by a cricket score, but we did score once. However, after the game my brother let slip to me that they had a codeword which they used whereby they all dropped off the ball and let us score that one goal. Patronising or what?

When I was a kid growing up in in oxfordshire I played for newland.  ( about 1972 ) We had vertical white and green striped kit.

We usually list 10 nil and once lost 12 - 1.  But we loved it. Every Sunday morning we piled in to Dave's strings adds zephyr...  and tried to score at least one

10 minutes ago, Weller in Tights said:

I played for Glenfield under 14’s against Tilton on the Hill back in 1973. We won 26-1. How they got one I can’t remember! I got a triple Hat-Trick (9 goals!).

I remember I got my name in the Sporting Buff, back then it was produced by the Mercury and came out on a Saturday evening with the days results from the big leagues. It was then filled with reports on local league and youth league games from the week before.

Like the Sporting blue did, the kids/youth leagues would get a general write up with the odd game commented on. I was chuffed I got a mention but a bit pissed off they spelt my name wrong 😂

It was the highlight of the week going to the local newsagents at around 5.45 on a Saturday afternoon waiting for the man to drop off the Sports Mercury so that we could read about City’s match. Always wondered how they could print it so soon after the game

• Like 1

Think as a kid at secondary school we lost 11 or 12 nil to de lisle one game. Sure we lost 2 games all season both 2 them and finished runners up.

As for winning wise. We beat vale of catmose 13-2 the same season. I even bagged 2. The only 2 goals I scored in 5 years at secondary school lol

Won 13-0 in div 3 alliance Sunday league (striker got hatrick squared) and lost 10-1 in my last ever Sunday league game in aliance Sunday league div 1. Literally walked off covered in mud, though "**** that" and retired. 

Notable edit, won 5-0 once and their defender scored a hat-trick of own goals! 

Edited by Flappit
Added infi

Playing for Ibstock United as a kid, we won a few games convincingly. I remember beating Moira 20-0. West Bridgeford 14-0 etc etc 

Best 6 a side game was 22-0. Which was bad for a 24 minute game. 

I think my worst defeat is 8-1! 

I played in my village team as a kid, won a game 24-5. It was 24-0 and they suddenly started playing well for the last few minutes. As a central defender I was disappointed. 

Also played cricket as a kid as an opening bowler, once took 9 for 12, including a six wicket over. They took me off and the team scored about 80.

I’ve played in both big wins and big defeats a couple that spring to mind was playing up front, first game of the season against the previous years champions and both me and the guy I played up front with scored double hat tricks, think it finished about 15-0 in the end. Turns out one of their lads had his stag doo that weekend and they had a team full of ring ins.

Also remember playing in goal at maybe u16s and losing by 10, but coming off thinking I had a decent game. They had their main striker who I pulled off three or four amazing saves against and he was pissed off he didn’t get a goal for the day. The closest I’ve come to laying a right hook on my own player when our striker spent the last 20 minutes sitting down on the half way line, whilst we had wave after wave of attacks coming into our box.