Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

How would you improve the team in January?

5 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Must admit haven't seen him play but looking at his output it's very impressive. He seems like he can play anywhere in midfield too. Only 18 months on his contract, so might be a good deal.

Big Talent and didnt realise he had 18 months on his contract! Such an obvious signing for us to make! He'd destroy teams from the bench after 60-70 mins of the starting 11 running opposition ragged.  Also we obviously have the best coach to get the best out of Eze.  I also think we need a backup for Vardy! Bhatshauyi would of been awesome! But obviously wouldnt happen!

7 hours ago, WestLothianFox said:

Probably the same people that spell defence as defense.

Defence and defense are different spellings of the same word. Defense is preferred in American English, and defence is preferred in all other main varieties of English, including Australian, British, and Canadian English.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Ian Nacho said:

We definitely need cover for Vardy and a centre half because at the moment we’re an injury away from the season being over. 

Is Benkovic not in consideration anymore. Last year at Celtic he was being compared to VVD and now he is behind Morgan.

Just now, gurru991 said:

Is Benkovic not in consideration anymore. Last year at Celtic he was being compared to VVD and now he is behind Morgan.

Think he is still building up full fitness after his injury. Surprised at the lack of information coming out of the club though. Suspect he will go out on loan again in January to get match fit

10 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Just get Merih Demiral and maybe Jarrod Bowen, but the last one gave me pause. Wondering if finally someone (Rodgers) is getting a tune out of Demi.

(Keys to the City if so)

.. just been to YouTube to take a look and not impressed!! 

Seems pretty ordinary, gets involved with players he is marking and appears unable to control himself. Passes back a lot, absolutely nothing special. 

On 05/11/2019 at 22:02, Raw Dykes said:

Nacho's main strength is his finishing. He was knocking them in for fun at Man City, and that was because of the quality of the supply he was getting. We now have a midfield with talent coming out of its arse, and I'm sure Nacho could end up enjoying despatching chances served to him on a plate given a run in the team.

I was watching his movement against Burton. Utterly woeful again. I was surprised the Leicester Mercury raved about his performance. He always looks reactive rather than proactive. Really don't think it's going to work out with us, sadly.

On the bright side, Man City have a buyback clause which they will surely activate soon.................

11 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Fraser was one of the highest creative players for assists in all 5 top european leagues and is out of contract in the summer so will be relatively cheap in january. 

Gerrim in !

17 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I was watching his movement against Burton. Utterly woeful again. I was surprised the Leicester Mercury raved about his performance. He always looks reactive rather than proactive. Really don't think it's going to work out with us, sadly.

On the bright side, Man City have a buyback clause which they will surely activate soon.................

Gerrim in !

Isn't it £50m if we get in the Champions League and can only be activated in the summer? :D

We're braced for a bid. :unsure:

3 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I thought his movement was fine, his run opened up the space for the first goal. I don't think anyone looked particularly good except Hamza and Tielemans and maybe Gray, who have crucially seen a lot of actual football this season.

I think we’ll go for another winger/forward with raw pace and skills who is young and not too expensive, circa £20 million. I reckon they’ll buy another Pérez type player with pace that could also fill in/compete for/with Vardy/Pérez if either gets injured.

At the back they’ll only do business if it’s right - we have Benkovic and Wes and make do unless a bargain presents or a deal on Tops terms for a quality established CB.

The only other position is Left Back but Justin can cover both sides in case of emergency and we can still utilise Fuchs until the summer and even then I wouldn’t be too surprised to see him sign for another year.

For me Jan will bring only a forward/striker with raw potential. I can’t see BR bringing in an old established striker to pay and sit on the bench. I maybe think Nacho will go out on loan or be sold to a bottom half/relegation Prem side but that’s perhaps more likely to be in the summer.

11 hours ago, gurru991 said:

Defence and defense are different spellings of the same word. Defense is preferred in American English, and defence is preferred in all other main varieties of English, including Australian, British, and Canadian English.

So defense and the American word soccer have no place in this forum.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Swan Lesta said:

I think we’ll go for another winger/forward with raw pace and skills who is young and not too expensive, circa £20 million. I reckon they’ll buy another Pérez type player with pace that could also fill in/compete for/with Vardy/Pérez if either gets injured.

At the back they’ll only do business if it’s right - we have Benkovic and Wes and make do unless a bargain presents or a deal on Tops terms for a quality established CB.

The only other position is Left Back but Justin can cover both sides in case of emergency and we can still utilise Fuchs until the summer and even then I wouldn’t be too surprised to see him sign for another year.

For me Jan will bring only a forward/striker with raw potential. I can’t see BR bringing in an old established striker to pay and sit on the bench. I maybe think Nacho will go out on loan or be sold to a bottom half/relegation Prem side but that’s perhaps more likely to be in the summer.

I personally hope we will go for a level of experience out wide similar to Praet.. 26 ish and quality and already played at a high level. I would leave the rawness to Barnes and grow him along side a world level winger who is experienced. 

On 05/11/2019 at 21:06, gurru991 said:

I think we should be shopping in the Championship for players

Couldn't agree more, I think the recent successes of Sheffield Utd, Wolves and (to a lesser extent) Villa as well as how well recent Championship players like Pukki, Grealish, Mount, Barnes and Maddison have had instant impact in the Premier League shows that the Championship is a MUCH stronger league than many people are giving it credit for and players there are being really undervalued imho.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, les-tah said:

I personally hope we will go for a level of experience out wide similar to Praet.. 26 ish and quality and already played at a high level. I would leave the rawness to Barnes and grow him along side a world level winger who is experienced. 

I’d love that - like a Ziyech... but anybody we get has to dramatically raise the bar to improve the squad - so we are talking about an established quality player approaching their peak... Thats gonna cost a shitload... circa £55 million... I can’t see Top doing that, hope he does but I think the model is buy them and develop them and sell them if we have to rather than the Everton model of buying established players who are above average and getting bent over in the market for doing so.

• Like 3