Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Up Next... Arsenal at home - pre-match thread

Arsenal should be scared. Especially after thinking about how we came out of the blocks against Palace.

You can see the belief oozing out of us.  No more easing into matches or slow starts.

This is a huge game. We really need to win if we are to have serious ambitions of making the top 4. We must improve our record against the members of the so-called big six. The loss at Man Utd and the nature of the perfomance needs to be buried and the best way to accomplish that is to beat Arsenal.

Also a win would keep our momentum going.

I don't think it will be easy though. I know they are in a certain state of disaray but their front 3 are as good as anything if they all play.

• Like 2

Probably the most confident I've ever felt about playing Arsenal. Could easily end up with nothing as their frontline is class, but it's a fantastic time to play them. At home, especially.

I'd usually not say this sort of thing, as I can always imagine how it will read after we get the inevitable beating. However, with the team playing as well as they are, I have no fear about any game. I just get the feeling that the players are all super confident, working hard to carry on the good form, and happy to be doing so. How spoilt are we to get another legendary Leicester side to rival the title winners? And only a few years after? It's mental! I fuching love this club.

It's an absolute joy watching this team. Might not get the right result, but I'm sure there'll be another good performance.

If I was forced to make a prediction, I'd say 3-1. Vardy, Evans, Tielemans.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Pablito said:

Arsenal should "break the bank" to bring Leicester City manager Brendan Rodgers to the club, says former player Paul Merson. (Sky Sports)

Been on the booze again! 

More like the Crack Pipe if you ask me.

Guest An Sionnach
11 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

They pose no threat to a team like us.

Aubameyang is a threat to any team , Caglar and Jonny must not let him find any space. I do not see this one as a goalless draw. We will have plenty of chances against their defence so must take at least a couple of them.

On 05/11/2019 at 00:09, brucey said:

Don’t know if anyone remembers this, but here’s Vards in our first game against Arsenal (Oct 2016) right after turning them down. He swapped shirts with Wilshere and put it on after the game. Proving all the Arsenal fans who said he’d be in an Arsenal shirt come the game correct. Great banter.

0_httpscdnimagesdailystarcoukdynamic122p
httpscdnimagesdailystarcoukdynamic122pho

Surely that has to be wrong, Jack Wheelchair getting to the end of a game? Or did he come back onto the pitch at the end of the game after being subbed at 23 minutes

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

I’d take a point purely because they won’t gain on us. 

No chance.

They will take a point as it keeps the gap to six and then they'll hope to gain another 3pts at their place.

Whatever the result we'll still be in the race for top four but a win gives us a 9pt cushion over Arsenal and at least 10pts over Tottenham and Man Utd. We need to go into this game that a draw will be points dropped against this lot.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Arsenal make 9 changes for their Europa Cup game.

Obviously keeping the big guns rested for us. 

Would like to think it is because they are scared stiff of us, but probably more to do with the fact that they have practically booked their place in the knockout stages already so can afford not to risk a few key players

All I know is I can’t wait for Saturday evening. These are the occasions that you live for as a fan. Electric atmosphere. Team full of confidence. The reward for victory potentially huge.

Seriously excited about this one.

• Like 1