Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho

6 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Corrected that for you :ph34r:

Put him in the 10 position if Rodgers doesn't want to change shape, just put him in. On current form he is one of our best threats.

I thought from very early in the game we needed him up top to help Vardy stretch their defense.

Vardy was being shadowed by 3 defenders at times which neutralized him.

Kelchi with his skill and pace would have worried them more than Maddison who is clearly not right.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Feel for him. All those goals to be directly dropped.

We've dropped him to accommodate Barnes and Barnes has offered fvck all this season so far. I hope we go to Brighton with Kelechi and Vardy up front but it won't happen because Rodgers won't shift from 1 up front.

I feel like he has been dropped for Maddison, Although you right he could also take Barnes place.

He’s a menace, we look better with him in the side regardless of where he plays which says it all. He’s a menace because he can hold the ball up, he’s quick, strong, shoots well, gets us up the pitch and more.

Start him as the 10/AM

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Eh? That's not strictly true is it, he's not been dropped for Barnes, we've gone back to our preferred formation of 4-2-3-1, we've got rid of a CB and a striker and brought back 2 wingers none of which Iheanacho is.

We have a real conundrum right now. Up to the middle of February we were unreal in a 4-2-3-1 and Maddison and Barnes for 3 months were head and shoulders our best players. They both got injured and the run in to the end of the season when we changed to 3-4-1-2 benefitted Iheanacho only. Defensively we were worse, Vardy was no longer a goal threat and Perez and Maddison were a disgrace in the 10 role. We lost out on top 4 yet again.

Fast forward to the start of this season and both Maddison and Barnes seem off form (Barnes was much better today) but 3-4-1-2 we don't have the players for either.

Rodgers has to make some brave decisions now, he's got his preferred system in jeopardy and several players out of form. It's all well and good saying Iheanacho has to start but he can't play the lone striker role so a front 2 requires a system many teams seldom play and even fewer without 3 at the back. I think we're in for a bit of pain and anguish whilst Rodgers has to navigate through what works and what doesn't here. He's badly trying to pick his trusted XI that for whatever reason isn't as effective as before and he's many eager players ready to come in but in what system and what team?

I hope he gets it right, I feared we were in for a bit of a drop off this season and the fact he's trying to pick the same team as before and not utilise any new players to improve is somewhat of a worry. The teams that stay still are the teams that fall behind and we've had a he'll of a good run bit we're caught in the dilemma of such a successful team that transitioning to something new is difficult. There can't be many teams though that have spent what we have in the last 2 seasons and yet still pick largely the same starting XI as we did 2 years ago. Many others in that time have improved vastly. 

I thought we played quite well today and we need a result on Thursday to stay confident, mix it up a bit though Brendan. KDH, Iheanacho, Daka and Soumare are all chomping at the bit and would walk in to many teams around us.

Really good post this 👍🏻 Bang on

3 hours ago, Bptiger said:

Would like to see this side

Kasper

Cags

evans 

vesty

soumare 

ndidi 

YOURI 

look man 

vardy 

Iheanho 

barnes 

play as a 3 - 5 - 2

Soumare and Lookman as wing backs? :blink: 

Think I read it wrong, Barnes and Lookman?

Edited by Lcfc-1992
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Bptiger said:

Kasper

Cags

evans 

vesty

soumare 

ndidi 

YOURI 

look man 

vardy 

Iheanho 

barnes 

play as a 3 - 5 - 2

Any team with half decent wingers would rip that team apart. Absolutely no defensive protection on the flanks. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Eh? That's not strictly true is it, he's not been dropped for Barnes, we've gone back to our preferred formation of 4-2-3-1, we've got rid of a CB and a striker and brought back 2 wingers none of which Iheanacho is.

We have a real conundrum right now. Up to the middle of February we were unreal in a 4-2-3-1 and Maddison and Barnes for 3 months were head and shoulders our best players. They both got injured and the run in to the end of the season when we changed to 3-4-1-2 benefitted Iheanacho only. Defensively we were worse, Vardy was no longer a goal threat and Perez and Maddison were a disgrace in the 10 role. We lost out on top 4 yet again.

Fast forward to the start of this season and both Maddison and Barnes seem off form (Barnes was much better today) but 3-4-1-2 we don't have the players for either.

Rodgers has to make some brave decisions now, he's got his preferred system in jeopardy and several players out of form. It's all well and good saying Iheanacho has to start but he can't play the lone striker role so a front 2 requires a system many teams seldom play and even fewer without 3 at the back. I think we're in for a bit of pain and anguish whilst Rodgers has to navigate through what works and what doesn't here. He's badly trying to pick his trusted XI that for whatever reason isn't as effective as before and he's many eager players ready to come in but in what system and what team?

I hope he gets it right, I feared we were in for a bit of a drop off this season and the fact he's trying to pick the same team as before and not utilise any new players to improve is somewhat of a worry. The teams that stay still are the teams that fall behind and we've had a he'll of a good run bit we're caught in the dilemma of such a successful team that transitioning to something new is difficult. There can't be many teams though that have spent what we have in the last 2 seasons and yet still pick largely the same starting XI as we did 2 years ago. Many others in that time have improved vastly. 

I thought we played quite well today and we need a result on Thursday to stay confident, mix it up a bit though Brendan. KDH, Iheanacho, Daka and Soumare are all chomping at the bit and would walk in to many teams around us.

We don’t need to change formation to get Iheanacho in the team.

Iheanacho comes in for Maddison and plays off Vardy. Out of possession we’re basically playing a 4-4-2 anyway, in possession Iheanacho likes to drop shorter into areas where Maddison might ordinarily be. Maddison contributes nothing defensively that Iheanacho couldn’t be doing.

And if we’re worried that substituting one attacking player for another (in a side which has created very little this season) leaves us too lop sided we have the option to change things up in other positions to bring in more solidity. Albrighton is at least as much a defensive option as an attacking one and the best right winger at the club also happens to be one of the best right backs in the league.

4 hours ago, Bptiger said:

Kasper

Cags

evans 

vesty

soumare 

ndidi 

YOURI 

look man 

vardy 

Iheanho 

barnes 

play as a 3 - 5 - 2

Don’t get me wrong, I quite like the idea of 3-5-2 but where do we start with this ?! You have either Evans or Vestergaard as your outside CB, which will leave either exposed with their pace and Lookman and Barnes as wingbacks ?! Horrific stuff 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

When Barnes was injured we played two up front and both strikers were (Kelechi and Vardy) were complementing each other. Rodgers was basically forced into this because Barnes was injured and our other wide options are not good. We've got to move away from one up front, Vardy is aging now and although still good he can't continue to run around on his own when the others aren't contributing (granted Albrighton did score at Norwich), or at least get another striker closer to him.

I'd prefer out of form players to be dropped and both Maddison and Barnes are examples of that. With that in mind, we don't really have good alternative options in those positions so change and go two up front. Unless Kelechi plays off of Vardy ala Nugent in the same formation (4231).

Edited by Fox92

1 hour ago, ttfn said:

We don’t need to change formation to get Iheanacho in the team.

Iheanacho comes in for Maddison and plays off Vardy. Out of possession we’re basically playing a 4-4-2 anyway, in possession Iheanacho likes to drop shorter into areas where Maddison might ordinarily be. Maddison contributes nothing defensively that Iheanacho couldn’t be doing.

And if we’re worried that substituting one attacking player for another (in a side which has created very little this season) leaves us too lop sided we have the option to change things up in other positions to bring in more solidity. Albrighton is at least as much a defensive option as an attacking one and the best right winger at the club also happens to be one of the best right backs in the league.

This would be what I'd try, he tried it once last season and we lost 3-1 at home to Arsenal but Barnes got injured when we were 1-0 up I think. 

Something needs tinkering with, we've at least 2 players out of form and although I thought Barnes looked better yesterday, Maddison is nowhere is he. Rodgers has to navigate through some difficult decisions as he's players waiting in the wings very eager for a chance and we're hardly firing on all cylinders.

• Like 1