Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho

4 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

In the absence of signing a left footed right winger is it worth giving him a shot as an inverted forward?

Hes got all the attributes for that pace bar blistering pace and even then he's quicker than ayoze.

Any arguments you can make against playing him out wide mostly apply to Perez too. Perhaps the only thing you could say is - we don’t know how well he’ll protect his fullback. Even then, it’s not like Perez does a stellar job of it and Iheanacho can actually relieve pressure on the defence in a way few of other players can. 

Edited by Stadt
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

In the absence of signing a left footed right winger is it worth giving him a shot as an inverted forward?

Hes got all the attributes for that pace bar blistering pace and even then he's quicker than ayoze.

He's had a couple of appearances there before and it's never worked. If you watch his game he doesn't actually run much with the ball and his first touch is so erratic that both of these things come in to the spotlight more playing out wide than they do when dropping off the main striker.

He excels at getting on the ball (the times he controls it nicely) and turning and opening it up, his weight of pass and delivery is sensational, as is his finishing when the mood takes him.

I suppose in a 4-3-3 with a high energy midfield 3 doing the pressing and running it could get some success but that first touch will break down so many potential overlaps from Ricardo and Castagne and potentially leave us exposed. This happened in one of the pre-season friendlies when he was playing in some weird double winger pivot with Sowah and kept wasting promising overloads.

1 hour ago, lgfualol said:

It is utterly bonkers that this guy isnt more involved really. No idea how Rodgers justifies it, Nacho kept us in the top 4 race and played well with Vardy. 

it isn't really though is it. Brendan obviously prefers to play a 4-3-3 with Barnes on the left that a 3-4-1-2 with Ihaenacho. They're the two options if we are insistent on the three usual suspects in midfield which i think most fans would agree with. You can have a differnt opinion but to say it's "bonkers" or unjustifiable is hyberbole

Just now, Sharpe's Fox said:

it isn't really though is it. Brendan obviously prefers to play a 4-3-3 with Barnes on the left that a 3-4-1-2 with Ihaenacho. They're the two options if we are insistent on the three usual suspects in midfield which i think most fans would agree with. You can have a differnt opinion but to say it's "bonkers" or unjustifiable is hyberbole

Well it may be hyperbole, but my opinion at least is that it's bonkers he can't find a position even in a 433, and may actually become 3rd choice striker after his heroics. I just think his involvement one way or another would benefit a team that is a bit blunt in attack. If Rodgers wants to continue as it is then 🤷

Top goalscorer last season, can't get a game.

Some of our best attacking performances last season featured him in a two with Vardy. So this season we are playing Vardy up front on his own at the age of 35.

Patson Daka may aswell not exist.

The selection is made, and will be in place until Vardy's death.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Some of our best attacking performances last season featured him in a two with Vardy. So this season we are playing Vardy up front on his own at the age of 35.

barmy ain't it pure barmy 

1 hour ago, lgfualol said:

Well it may be hyperbole, but my opinion at least is that it's bonkers he can't find a position even in a 433, and may actually become 3rd choice striker after his heroics. I just think his involvement one way or another would benefit a team that is a bit blunt in attack. If Rodgers wants to continue as it is then 🤷

yeah i'd certaily give him a chance to play on the right. Can't see how he could be any worse than Perez in that position but Rodgers never sees it that way for some reason.

1 hour ago, SecretPro said:

What attacking performances were these? Sheff Utd and Man Utd in the cup? 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

yeah i'd certaily give him a chance to play on the right. Can't see how he could be any worse than Perez in that position but Rodgers never sees it that way for some reason.

I can only think his workrate may not be as good as Perez who despite his general ineffectiveness runs around a lot. What Kel lacks in workrate he makes up in his goal threat though, so now is a good chance to try it out while Perez is suspended.

• Like 1

**** me Nacho has a good 4 months in 4 years now people want us to build our entire team around him including moving other players out of position?

Play him the Perez role of a sort of wider no 10 or just drop Maddison who hasn't shown any form in months, Barnes pre injury was our best player so any formation where he is nullified or dropped is just as bizarre as you lot think not playing Iheanacho is, besides when he goes a few games without a goal again most of you will be back to making him the scapegoat

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Marutimon said:

Must say I can't recall any Premier league side who benches their best attacking threat and top goalscorer in the previous season so subpar performers.

How can anyone honestly justify benching him for Maddison, Barnes or especially Perez?

Have you forgotten how good Barnes was prior to his injury? 

• Like 1

Quite like the idea of Kel cutting in from the right on that deadly left peg of his. 

Has to be worth a try. We're struggling to fit him in the 11. He deserves to be there, we seemingly will never drop Vardy, and RW is a serious issue for us. Not to mention we don't have the centre backs to revert to a wing backs formation and two up top.

I'll be annoyed if Albrighton slots in with no other changes on Saturday.

• Like 2

Iheanacho/Vardy

Barnes/Ndidi/Tielemans/Praet

Castagne/Soyuncu/Vestergaard/Ricardo

Of course, Praet is blacklisted so this will never happen, but I think his skillset would suit this, he played well as a defensive winger in a few games last season and it would allow Ricardo to carry the majority of the threat from the RW which seems to be happening anyway when we start Perez. At least this way we can start Iheanacho over Maddison, who is useless out of form.

• Like 3

We need Nacho is the lineup. He is the most capable player playing back to goal and linking up play.

Not to play him is insane when you want to build attacks from the back.

We all see how bad Vardy was at it when coming to collect ball. He set West Ham on our way for their first goal.

Play Nacho and if you don’t you have to play direct with Barnes and Vardy as your only attack.

• Like 1

Against Wolves Vardy had a good game, like everyone he was poor at West Ham.

We are going to play 50 odd games this year. Nacho will also miss most of January and February with AFCON.

We will need all 3 and all 3 will have lots of games and goals by the end of the season.

• Like 3

Vardy/Daka

Barnes   Iheanacho Albrighton    
               Tielemans Ndidi

Bertrand  Soyuncu Amartey Ricardo

Kasper 

Well balanced attack, Maddison and Perez are similar in the sense their lack of physicality means they can be stifled by aggressive sides.

7 hours ago, Nod.E said:

Quite like the idea of Kel cutting in from the right on that deadly left peg of his. 

Has to be worth a try. We're struggling to fit him in the 11. He deserves to be there, we seemingly will never drop Vardy, and RW is a serious issue for us. Not to mention we don't have the centre backs to revert to a wing backs formation and two up top.

I'll be annoyed if Albrighton slots in with no other changes on Saturday.

Agree with this. Kel could play on the right but still almost be like a second striker.  Utd do a similar thing with Greenwood