Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho

• 2 weeks later...

The guys got the mental strength to succeed, took some balls to take that penalty at the end, especially with the Man City players wasting time and building up the anticipation before the kick was taken.

• Like 1

There was a moment where he had the ball just outside the Man City box and made a sloppy pass. But then he tracked back all the way to the halfway line to win the ball back from Mahrez. I thought that was great tenacity and summed up “new” Iheanacho. The penalty itself came about because he pressed Ake. 

All 3 strikers acquitted themselves well yesterday, it’s crazy to see us have that much firepower in the team in that position. It bodes well because when one striker is in poor form we’ve still got two others to choose from. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

For me he should be first name on the team sheet. He is our biggest goal threat. Yes he can have absolute stinkers but they're getting more few and far between the more time goes on. Has to start next week. 

this even if you have to change the formation slightly to incorporate Nacho then he has to do it, Without Kel we lack that bit of magic up front and rarely create much, he add's so much to the team going forward i'd drop Perez and include Nacho anyway possible

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Shane said:

12 goals since January and he’s back on the bench. Think should be in the first 11 & building on his momentum from last season.

This was always gonna be the issue was Barnes was back.

Rodgers doesn't move away from one up front, unless he has too, and it ain't good enough. Vardy can't continue to run around on his own for 90 mins. His partneship with Iheanacho worked, they were both contributing in terms of goals and assists.

We've broken that up just so we can go back to 4231 and get Barnes back in. And on the right we aren't a threat at all unless it's from our full back.

So frustrating. We've got Norwich next, they leak goals, they can be got at and for that reason I'd go Iheanacho and Vardy up top. That means changing formation, and dropping Maddison probably but do it.

• Like 1

Just now, Fox92 said:

Rodgers doesn't move away from one up front, unless he has too, and it ain't good enough. Vardy can't continue to run around on his own for 90 mins. His partneship with Iheanacho worked, they were both contributing in terms of goals and assists.

We've broken that up just so we can go back to 4231 and get Barnes back in. And on the right we aren't a threat at all unless it's from our full back.

So frustrating. We've got Norwich next, they leak goals, they can be got at and for that reason I'd go Iheanacho and Vardy up top. That means changing formation, and dropping Maddison probably but do it.

Could we play 4-4-2 with Kelechi and Vardy? Not sure how well it’d work with our possession based style but it’s probably the only way to fit Kelechi into the team without reverting to 3 at the back. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Nacho and Daka up top for me Vardy looks like he needs a rest already

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Nacho and Daka up top for me Vardy looks like he needs a rest already

Agreed, we can't keep asking Vardy to do what he does for 90 mins every game. Yesterday he was on his own running around.

• Like 1