Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I don't get why we'd sell anyway and leave ourselves short in that position. Look at how fvcked we are with Ndidi getting a long-term injury and how we're shitting ourselves if one of the main CBs is out again. 

What happens if Kel is sold and Vardy gets injured? Then what? Unless we spend a hell of a lot of money anyway I'd rather not sell Kel. 

I'd rather have a half-good striker as back-up to Vardy as opposed to no striker at all. 

This.

Someone talking exact sense!

He has some poor games but also some very good games plus scored alot of important goals 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

I don't get why we'd sell anyway and leave ourselves short in that position. Look at how fvcked we are with Ndidi getting a long-term injury and how we're shitting ourselves if one of the main CBs is out again. 

What happens if Kel is sold and Vardy gets injured? Then what? Unless we spend a hell of a lot of money anyway I'd rather not sell Kel. 

I'd rather have a half-good striker as back-up to Vardy as opposed to no striker at all. 

This.

i don’t understand the hate tbh, do people expect any striker to come in and take vardys place? Kelechi proved himself last season, and was unlucky not to get more minutes

first minutes of the season and people want to sell him after one poor performance, got to laugh at people sometimes

1 hour ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I'm not going to judge him for his performance in that game. If Vardy had played instead of him, I don't think he would have been much more effective, the team fit together about as well as a LEGO death star built by a four year old with no instruction sheet.

This. Did he misplace some passes? Of course. Did he play at his best? No. But football is a 11 player sport, it requires more than just individual abilities. He didn't play well but when surrounded by simply better players and a more organized system he'll do better. 

Do thjnk he should have scored against Leno too. People freak out here too much. 

• Like 1

So poor again last night. He can be forgiven the missed passes but it’s his running off the ball. Several times one of our players wee in a good position but they just couldn’t find him as he was behind the defender.
I know we are spoiled by watching Vardy but if we have ambitions we have to have a better back up   

Edited by Channies6thswan
  • Like 1

Kel played so well last season when he was given a proper crack.

He then gets his first mins against a decent AFC in a completely disjointed team - predictably plays shit and our fans start calling to sell him.

Ask yourself how you think Vards would’ve played in that makeshift side tonight? I think he would’ve struggled badly.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Kevin Russell said:

Kel played so well last season when he was given a proper crack.

He then gets his first mins against a decent AFC in a completely disjointed team - predictably plays shit and our fans start calling to sell him.

Ask yourself how you think Vards would’ve played in that makeshift side tonight? I think he would’ve struggled badly.

The first rule of Fox Club, you don’t talk about Fox Club (or infer Vardy is anything other than perfect, or imply he may retire at some point)

9 hours ago, StanSP said:

So would i. But i'd rather have a decent striker than a half-good one. If selling Kels allowed us to buy Edouard, we should be all over that.

Sell, he doesn't suite us. Despite his little and I highlight little flurry last season, he has been largely ineffective. Not quick enough, or dynamic enough to play the style we play. Probably too late to get rid now, but if we can get a loan in I wouldn't be against shipping him off to one of the newly promoted teams on loan before selling. He's not good enough, and that's about that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I'm not going to judge him for his performance in that game. If Vardy had played instead of him, I don't think he would have been much more effective, the team fit together about as well as a LEGO death star built by a four year old with no instruction sheet.

Here's a picture of how Brendan imagined the team would look like when put together correctly:

Mine Field - Parenting - crazy parenting fails - funny parents - family  fails

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Steve Earle said:

So would i. But i'd rather have a decent striker than a half-good one. If selling Kels allowed us to buy Edouard, we should be all over that.

Until there's a solid guarantee we're signing another striker, then we may sell Kel. 

5 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

I still think there’s a player in there somewhere, but to criticise the rest of the team for KI’s performance last night is just wrong.

He was consistently in the shadow of a defender. He just wasn’t looking to receive the ball.

Alternatively, criticise Iheanacho for the rest of the team's performance is just as wrong... 

• Like 1