Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
420Hashish

Watford (H) Pre-Match Thread

1 hour ago, floz said:

Us old uns will remember when all of our midweek fixtures kicked off at 7.30. Think it changed to 7.45 in the late 70s or early 80s but no idea why.............

It was changed due to the club having a large proportion of fans who didn't live in the city.

First club to change from 7:30 to 7:45.

• Like 1

Cannot rest Vardy till maybe the Cup game he’s absolutely vital to us, Iheanacho / Perez could start up front in their absence with either Gray or Albrighton coming into the wing options alongside Barnes.

Praet/ Hamza will get some game time I reckon in the coming matches.

5 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

Not going to be popular but i would probably rest vardy and youri and start nacho and praet, villa game looks much tougher. 

Tend to agree, but always wary of managerless teams, could go either way

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

I’d also really like us to introduce Benkovic into the match day squad. He must be feeling really quite dejected. Söyüncü didn’t have his greatest game against Everton. If it was up to me, I’d bench him, just for Watford. Appreciate this is not going to happen.

Why on earth would you bench Soyuncu

Watford have been woeful this season but they do have a mid table PL squad. It would be a mistake to underestimate them by resting players and thinking we can coast to a win here. This Watford side are nowhere near being cannon fodder like some of the poorest sides to ever grace the PL. 

Play the best XI and take it from there. No way would I be resting key players in this match. If we want to rotate then get the game won first and then look to rest some players if and when we're comfortable. Villa at the weekend then an midweek game next week means we shouldn't have to rest anyone. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Watford have been woeful this season but they do have a mid table PL squad. It would be a mistake to underestimate them by resting players and thinking we can coast to a win here. This Watford side are nowhere near being cannon fodder like some of the poorest sides to ever grace the PL. 

Play the best XI and take it from there. No way would I be resting key players in this match. If we want to rotate then get the game won first and then look to rest some players if and when we're comfortable. Villa at the weekend then an midweek game next week means we shouldn't have to rest anyone. 

The suggestion of rotating isn't because the opposition is adjudged to be weak. Rather that the player in question is showing signs of tiredness and would benefit from being rested for a match. If the replacement player steps up to offer equal quality, and a bit of freshness, then it can benefit and improve the performance of the team too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

Very good

'The streak doesn't end if he doesn't play.'

Are you sure about this?

In terms of the record it has to be consecutive PL games, not just PL games played in. Therefore if he does not play that's the end of it as far as that is concerned. I can must imagine him throwing a right strop if he is benched while it is still on. Probably wouldn't go as far as call Rodgers a ****ing Knobhead but deffo would not be happy. he can sit out the cup games for now.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Brendan Rodgers is a progressive, forward thinking coach who will definitely value the sports science department highly. I am sure they've had relatively light training and recovery sessions; mindful of the heavy fixture schedule ahead of us. Some posts in here seem to be based on the assumption that we plan to use our multi-million pound assets like the pair of old shoes you don't mind battering on a night out. I think he'll make significant changes in the cup, but I can't see him resting anyone until then, just managing them properly, as he's shown, is something he's astute at doing. 

38 minutes ago, Reg Vardy said:

Barnes, Tielemans, out, Gray (if fit),Praet in.....Vardy/Ndidi/Maddison off if winning after 70 minutes, Nacho/Albrighton/Hamza on......Morgan for Evans after 70 minutes the other alternative.....

Lol! bringing Morgan on for the last 20 minutes? Do you not want us to win? :_D

7 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

Lol! bringing Morgan on for the last 20 minutes? Do you not want us to win? :_D

Morgan can play 20 minutes with Ndidi & Soyuncu alongside him. He blocks a lot of shots and clears the ball without fuss. I don't want to see him start but we do need to protect Evans. 

Guest An Sionnach
3 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

Kelechi had a good game but 45m is a lot of money.

If he scores a hat trick tonight we could sell him for that.

Guest An Sionnach
16 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

I'd be concerned if he scored a hat-trick tonight mate!

Never know what day it is down in this lair it's always dark!