Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
420Hashish

Watford (H) Pre-Match Thread

1 minute ago, Gamble92 said:

Bit of a random question but does anyone know if you can watch 2 different games on 1 Amazon account on Wednesday? 

Got a United fan in my house who'll wanna watch their game on another tele 😑

I don't know, but I have had two prime videos going at once. So maybe.

1 minute ago, brucey said:

Got me wondering... so looked up the rules for the U23 league (PL2)

“Each team can field a goalkeeper over the age limit and up to three "over-age" outfield players in every match”

Schmeichel, Pereira, Evans, Soyuncu, Chilwell, Ndidi, Perez, Tielemans, Maddison, Barnes, Vardy

So basically replace Perez in the starting lineup with Gray/Nacho and it’s genuinely a U23 team lol Astonishing

Soyuncu is ineligible for u23s too, I think, so he or Evans would need to be replaced by Benkovic.

5 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Soyuncu is ineligible for u23s too, I think, so he or Evans would need to be replaced by Benkovic.

Google says Cags is 23, a month older than Gray

https://www.premierleague.com/premier-league-2-explained

All players born after 1 January 1996 are eligible to play in the 2019/20 season

Edited by brucey

2 minutes ago, brucey said:

Google says Cags is 23, a month older than Gray

My mistake, I thought the age cutoff was the start of the season (so August) but I've just checked and it's from the start of the calendar year so yeah he still counts.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, car1os said:

Wonder if they follow the same example that Everton and Arsenal have shown - to pack their defence and midfield, and play on the counter.  Seems to be the best way to play against us. However very pleased that our switch to a 3-5-2 changed the game in our favour, finding us a way to win the match despite being 2nd best in the 1st half

I fully expect most  bottom half clubs to play ten men behind the ball against us as long as we are playing this well. it is an acknowledgement of how well we are doing and will require some coaching to teach the lads how to break down a defensive style team. Man C & L'Pool face it most match days as no team wants to give them any space. 

3 hours ago, gurru991 said:

I fully expect most  bottom half clubs to play ten men behind the ball against us as long as we are playing this well. it is an acknowledgement of how well we are doing and will require some coaching to teach the lads how to break down a defensive style team. Man C & L'Pool face it most match days as no team wants to give them any splice

Fixed.

Edited by TheLittleBigMan

We can presume Everton will get their asses handed to them by Liverpool again on Wednesday so another 3 points for us would be welcome - just gotta keep doing what we do, make sure we get our own 3 points first and if other teams (continue to) falter then that's the bonus. 

12 hours ago, One Arm Babba said:

Be prepared for them coming to park the bus. They are shocking but Deeney always worries me when we play them

Don't think Deeney will play. Been injured pretty much all season. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, trabuch said:

I don't know, but I have had two prime videos going at once. So maybe.

I've started an extended free trial for Amazon Prime too - (they didn't seem to give me any choice in the matter with my last order :mad:, but still, it's good timing so...) - but this won't be an issue this week (with LCFC and Arsenal playing on different days).  It's been a while since I didn't have to 'cheat' to watch a PL match!

4 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Good problems to have, people wanting to drop Tielemans are barmy he had a good game yesterday I thought

I agree with that. Maddison worked hard but struggled without much space to work with. I thought Tielemans was the one more likely to make something happen. Either way I wouldn't be against resting one of them for Praet in this game, he has been good whenever used so far and we want to keep Youri and Madders fresh if we can.

1 minute ago, mancunianfox said:

I agree with that. Maddison worked hard but struggled without much space to work with. I thought Tielemans was the one more likely to make something happen. Either way I wouldn't be against resting one of them for Praet in this game, he has been good whenever used so far and we want to keep Youri and Madders fresh if we can.

without a doubt Praet can come in and do a job so it wouldn't be bad for one of those 2 to get a rest, possibly Maddison as didn't look 100% yesterday

13 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

I thought Everton would be an easy game for us because their players would be playing for their manager to be sacked, but was proved completely wrong and they put up one hell of a fight.

Hard to say what Watford will be like. If Flores would be in charge it would probably be the easiest home win ever, but now I suspect the new manager will be in the stands, like Rodgers was when we played Brighton at home last season. That will at the very least make their players put a shift in.

On paper we've got more than enough to beat them, but as today proved it can always be hard to get over the line. Nacho's performance today makes me excited though because we over rely on Vardy. That finish of his at the death was truly superb, and if we have someone like that as an option then I think we look in good shape. The Everton game proved that if we have to chase the game we can put two up top and cause problems, so if we need to do it again I am still confident we should get a win from this game.

I think it will be surprisingly tight, maybe a 1-0 win to us, maybe Vardy from a Nacho off the bench assist again!

Potential banana skin again

• Like 2

For me we need a minor rotation because of the amount of games coming fast So Praet in for a start for 1 of the centre midfielders (the most in need of rest).

Id also be happy if Iheanacho started but not sure if the formation would be messed up. If not give him 45 :D - He must be full of confidence right now and that when a good striker is lethal.

Edited by les-tah
  • Like 1