Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
420Hashish

Watford (H) Pre-Match Thread

Wonder if they follow the same example that Everton and Arsenal have shown - to pack their defence and midfield, and play on the counter.  Seems to be the best way to play against us. However very pleased that our switch to a 3-5-2 changed the game in our favour, finding us a way to win the match despite being 2nd best in the 1st half

30 minutes ago, 420Hashish said:

Never started one of these before but since the game is in 3 days, I was like why not?

They sacked Flores so hopefully the new manager bounce won't come into effect against us and we can come away with a other 3 points.

I'll give the thread 3/10 simply for the effort 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I thought Everton would be an easy game for us because their players would be playing for their manager to be sacked, but was proved completely wrong and they put up one hell of a fight.

Hard to say what Watford will be like. If Flores would be in charge it would probably be the easiest home win ever, but now I suspect the new manager will be in the stands, like Rodgers was when we played Brighton at home last season. That will at the very least make their players put a shift in.

On paper we've got more than enough to beat them, but as today proved it can always be hard to get over the line. Nacho's performance today makes me excited though because we over rely on Vardy. That finish of his at the death was truly superb, and if we have someone like that as an option then I think we look in good shape. The Everton game proved that if we have to chase the game we can put two up top and cause problems, so if we need to do it again I am still confident we should get a win from this game.

I think it will be surprisingly tight, maybe a 1-0 win to us, maybe Vardy from a Nacho off the bench assist again!

One of Maddison or Tielemans to be rested with Praet to come in, the only change id make- then rest the other on the weekend. 

Busy schedule coming up, maybe Grey for Perez too if he’s well.

Give Nacho another half an hour.

Edited by Aus Fox
  • Like 2

Will be quite disappointed if don't score at least three goals and concede none..

The contrast in terms of both team's confidence and morale levels is very much big at present.

Start from how the game finished today, with Iheanacho partnering Vardy.

Edited by Wymeswold fox