Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
420Hashish

Watford (H) Pre-Match Thread

Talk of resting players that don't have injury niggles is premature. Sunday-midweek-Sunday is nothing out of the ordinary for these fit lads, and we should be playing our best team in these games regardless of the opposition. The time to think about resting players is the cup games, and the glut of prem fixtures around Christmas. 

Edited by Fktf

23 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

I'd argue that he was just over performing in the last campaign. Perhaps its just me but I never got the hype around him. 

I personally always liked the look of Roberto Pereyra, seems to have gone off the boil though 

Got into his head that a move to a big club is likely.'

Pereyra is good at times with nice skills but a bit of a weak link in terms of defending duties .

7 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Got into his head that a move to a big club is likely.'

Pereyra is good at times with nice skills but a bit of a weak link in terms of defending duties .

Feels like both need a proper slap and bringing down a peg or two. Deulofeu has had numerous chances at bigger teams and been sold each time for not being consistent enough

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Disagree with Vardy.

Agree with resting Tielemans for Praet though. Tielemans has looked spent since the international break.

I'd be happy enough with giving Youri a rest and seeing Praet from the start. I wouldn't want too many changes though. Perhaps the only other one would be Gray for Perez if he's fit.

• Like 1

didn't quite know where to post but Schluppy has just won another game with a goal  for  Palace well done Jeffers.No changes for me tomorrow until half time then Dennis Gray and one other depending on how we are doing.Youri might look a bit weary but he still plays a tasty game  

2 minutes ago, dynamark said:

didn't quite know where to post but Schluppy has just won another game with a goal  for  Palace well done Jeffers.No changes for me tomorrow until half time then Dennis Gray and one other depending on how we are doing.Youri might look a bit weary but he still plays a tasty game  

Dennis Gray? Gerrimmin!!

12 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

It wouldn't surprise me if we started this game 352 with the team that finished against Everton, with Wes in for Barnes (so Chilwell can play left wing back), Nacho starting instead of Perez and Praet in for Tielemans just to give him a rest. You'd think Watford will be playing for a draw and will go with a deep block and 5 at the back, and they played 532 against Southampton by all accounts. 

If we don't we could always switch to the system at half time / 60 minutes but I think there is merit to trying to get 1 or 2 goals early so we can make some tactical subs to rest key players like Vardy and Maddison. We can't take anything for granted, but on paper Watford at home looks like the easiest game this season if you look at their league position, managers sacked and performances thus far.

The one and only game we started 3-5-2 under Rodgers was his first game in charge away at Watford and it was horrid. Hope it's better than that time if he does haha

• Haha 1

Watford can still give us a game. Obviously I hope we win, just not as confident as some of you! 

Reading what Brendan said about Vardy being tired, I’d expect him to start but get subbed if we are 2 up around 50 minutes (and If he’s got a goal!) Ian can then get another crack through the middle. 

Praet in and Kevin too from the start. I don’t think 2 initial changes would unbalance the team too much and then do a bit of subbing  to rest a couple more. Gray has been awesome but not sure if he’ll be 100%

That’s mostly all if we break down Watford!

Come on City. 

2-0 please 

• Like 1

Agree we may need to start using the squad over the next month or so. Obvioulsy shouldnt weaken the side for the sake of resting palyers for so called bigger games as they are all big at the moment. Do agree maybe rotate Praet with Youri/madders over the next two games and Albrighton for Perez/Barnes. Hopefully we can go for the throat from the off, get a lead by half time, Vardy has his goal and he can be given a breather. That would also give Nacho the chance to build on Sundays performance and continue his rehabilitation.

• Like 1

I'd actually give Praet a go for Tielemans here. When Praet started against Newcastle we won 5-0. He can do the job. Would otherwise stick with the usual.

I'm confident for this. About as generous a league fixture as you can ask for.

2-0 Leicester.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I'd actually give Praet a go for Tielemans here. When Praet started against Newcastle we won 5-0. He can do the job. Would otherwise stick with the usual.

2-0 Leicester.

I would too. Id also be tempted for Iheanacho to get a run out with two up top. Their miserable form and defence needs to be exploited... Praet is more than capable of keeping things ticking over. Love a strong squad 💪❤️

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I’d rather Praet alongside Tielemans as they did in that Newcastle match. They have a lot of experience playing together

8 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

2-0 Leicester.

I wouldn't be against seeing Praet in for Youri.  It would give us the double benefit of resting Tielemans and also giving us a bit more bite in midfield against their big beasts Capoue and Doucoure.

Edited by murphy
  • Like 1