Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
420Hashish

Watford (H) Pre-Match Thread

1 hour ago, Super_horns said:

Yes - Sarr looked good the other day too .

Many just under performing like Doucoure  .

I'd argue that he was just over performing in the last campaign. Perhaps its just me but I never got the hype around him. 

I personally always liked the look of Roberto Pereyra, seems to have gone off the boil though 

• Like 2

If nacho can play like that every game he needs more minutes. He's been really unlucky in the sense that were playing so well there hasn't been an opening for him.

Hopefully he can be the player we all thought we were signing at the start of his leicester career. He's not just a striker be 6 can play as part of a front 3 too. 

• Like 1

We should ace this game. A club rooted to the foot of the table with a caretaker manager against a team flying in 2nd place.

I'd like to see some variation with Praet and Nacho given a chance to start, dropping Barnes and Perez. I have confidence that if the shape or personal aren't working Bredan will know what changes to make around 60/70 minutes to postively affect the match.

It isn’t only about resting players, it’s also about getting bench players minutes and keeping them motivated and sharp.  I know it’s hard to rotate when you’ve won six matches in a row with the same team, but if you’re ever going to change a few spots for a league game wouldn’t it be at home against the bottom team in the table?

The guys I would really like to see rested are Evans and Vardy, but those are tough guys to leave out.  Maybe Praet playing today and at the weekend, with Maddison and Tielemans each getting a day off, and Albrighton or Kelechi getting a start each at the expense of the wingers.

Edited by Deeg67

Anybody else wishing for us to score more than 2 goals on Wednesday and increase our goals scored and goal difference? We've scored only 2 in every match since the Southampton one. I know a win is a win but sometimes 2 goals won't be enough to win.

2 hours ago, somebum said:

good for you

Okay boomer.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Yes - Sarr looked good the other day too .

Many just under performing like Doucoure  .

Impressed with what I saw of Sarr at Southampton. Unfortunately it was all fastbreak with lots of space to work. Not sure how he is in congested areas with the ball at his feet.

If he plays on the right Soyuncu wont give him an inch.

2 hours ago, 420Hashish said:

Anybody else wishing for us to score more than 2 goals on Wednesday and increase our goals scored and goal difference? We've scored only 2 in every match since the Southampton one. I know a win is a win but sometimes 2 goals won't be enough to win.

Would be nice to actually score in the first half, for a start

8 hours ago, Foxxed said:

I reckon Ian and Gray will be super subs for the second half again.

Vardy can't play every game in December - it's just a question of choosing where to rest him (Rodgers even said "He's tired" in his presser).  When he does sit it's either got to be Nacho or Perez sliding up top.

Will worry every game now waiting for us to slip up ..... we simply cannot win every game ........ we will come unstuck at some point against a ‘lesser’ side. Maybe not a loss until the eithaad..  Sunday looks more likely than tomorrow but this is the PL and it now almost becomes more about how the coaching and management team perform than the players ....

7 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Vardy can't play every game in December - it's just a question of choosing where to rest him (Rodgers even said "He's tired" in his presser).  When he does sit it's either got to be Nacho or Perez sliding up top.

I think the temptation would be to start Vardy in every game but look to bring him off after 60/70 mins but due to us often not winning games until the latter parts of games that might not be logical. 

He will probably be sound until that run of games over Xmas which might mean he starts on the bench vs West Ham and bring him on if we need a goal. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deeg67 said:

Yeah thinking about it resting a few players wouldn’t be bad but do you want to stop Vardy’s scoring streak?

It wouldn't surprise me if we started this game 352 with the team that finished against Everton, with Wes in for Barnes (so Chilwell can play left wing back), Nacho starting instead of Perez and Praet in for Tielemans just to give him a rest. You'd think Watford will be playing for a draw and will go with a deep block and 5 at the back, and they played 532 against Southampton by all accounts. 

If we don't we could always switch to the system at half time / 60 minutes but I think there is merit to trying to get 1 or 2 goals early so we can make some tactical subs to rest key players like Vardy and Maddison. We can't take anything for granted, but on paper Watford at home looks like the easiest game this season if you look at their league position, managers sacked and performances thus far.

44 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Yeah thinking about it resting a few players wouldn’t be bad but do you want to stop Vardy’s scoring streak?

The streak doesn't end if he doesn't play.  And I care more about qualifying for thr CL than  a scoring streak.

• Like 1