Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
turtmcfly

Plans to build over 350 flats at the site of Leicester City’s old Filbert Street football ground have been approved

23 minutes ago, dynamark said:

Hate to mention  but it will reduce parking around the ground(but good to see it finally developed)

Maybe the club ought to consider a multi storey car park as part of its stadium expansion plans. I suppose that would hinder the aesthetics of the possible arena and area surrounding the stadium. 

39 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Really bland looking designs.

the only redeeming feature (if kept)

9-EF2-CD7-B-41-F2-46-DD-9434-B1-DE097-B5

That should have been kept and put in front of Filbert Way somewhere, maybe on the open bit at the front.

A bit like Middlesbrough have their gates.

15 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

Maybe the club ought to consider a multi storey car park as part of its stadium expansion plans. I suppose that would hinder the aesthetics of the possible arena and area surrounding the stadium. 

I think this would be quite detrimental to traffic leaving and entering the ground. Not to mention those that travel on foot nearby. 

Wasn't there talks about a train line at one stage? 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

On site parking doesn't work. 

16 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I think this would be quite detrimental to traffic leaving and entering the ground. Not to mention those that travel on foot nearby. 

Wasn't there talks about a train line at one stage? 

Very true, I didn't think about that. There's the potential of the trainline if the club is willing to spend the pennies. Would be quiet costly for a new station and adjustment to the industrial line behind the stadium; but it would be a massive improvement. 

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Anything now to ensure it's not the mess it currently is.

We must be the only football club to not acknowledge we actually played on a former site.

The Ghosts of Football Past remember and will never leave.

9 minutes ago, Beliall said:

surely it would have made more sense for the football clucb to purchase the land and put housing there for new players. the development looks fugly too.

The club want housing near the training ground not the ground. As they are based there all week.

Several local properties with multiple bedrooms have had tentative enquiries made.

18 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

Why would any of the players want to live next to the stadium?

they wouldnt, but it would be cheaper than providing a hotel for new signings

10 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

The club want housing near the training ground not the ground. As they are based there all week.

Several local properties with multiple bedrooms have had tentative enquiries made.

thats a good point, i hadnt considered that

12 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Isn't the housing inside the new training ground itself? 

4 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Glad the city have moved quickly to utilise the vacant brownfield site. 

It's only 17 years since the stadium was demolished.

Except the land isn't owned by the city? It's owned privately?

Councils kop to much flak and 90% of the time it's because people have absolutely no clue what they're talking about. It's incredible