Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

James Justin

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Usually around 9-12 months? I think we'll see him some time in November. 

Agreed, but look at Ricardo.  The way ACL recoveries usually go is the player is a shadow of their top form the first season they come back.  Justin is young and maybe that will help (though Ricardo was hardly a dowager when he blew his knee out), but I think it far more likely he'll follow the usual pattern.

42 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Usually around 9-12 months? I think we'll see him some time in November. 

Yeah, but his injury being heeled and him being back to full fitness/match sharpness and form are two massively different things. Even after seeing him on the pitch this year, I wouldn't expect him to be fully firing again tull probably next season. 

3 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Yeah, but his injury being heeled and him being back to full fitness/match sharpness and form are two massively different things. Even after seeing him on the pitch this year, I wouldn't expect him to be fully firing again tull probably next season. 

I'm an optimist but this is my worry. Ricardo and Castagne havent been the players they were since their injuries.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Mercury reporting that Rodgers said JJ would be returning in November. Hopefully we get more clarity today, hopefully positive!  

He probably wanted to start using him before the anesthetic wore off. 

• Haha 1

it is so gutting players like JJ & Fofana have never really got to be appreciated by a sold out KP

they were so good for us last year, and the fans love them both

the idea we have had fofana, jj & ricardo suffering horrific injuries is so gut wrenching 

If we wanted to get proper fancy with JJ when he comes back he might suit a role in a back three of the overlapping CB (like what Wilder did at Sheffield United if that’s what it’s called) 

Then we could play Ricardo RWB with JJ Evans Soyuncu and Castagne LWB - seems a bit out there perhaps but JJ has shown he’s got a strike and a physical presence going forward so doubling down on that if our Midfield is going to be Wilf and perhaps Soumare (thus providing defensive cover for that role for when he comes forward as overlaps) 

Teams wouldn’t like playing against us with in theory x3 WB threats - and the best of them coming up from a starting position of not being on their radar. Sheff United caused a lot of teams problems the first season doing this as even the big clubs couldn’t quite fathom how to stop it - and it had defensive strength as well.

8 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

Honestly just having one of justin evans or fofana back would make a huge difference nevermind all three! 

With the Fofana injury I think this means Fofana will be here until the summer, then if fit and playing well I think he will move on sadly. 

• Sad 1