Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

James Justin

6 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

I'd play you at CB rather than him

Better get used to the fact that big Jan is going to play a lot this season. Actually I am pretty sure he will improve when he gets his head right, its probably spinning at the moment. It wouldn't surprise me , if and when Jonny gets back , he gets preferred to Caglar.

15 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Better get used to the fact that big Jan is going to play a lot this season. Actually I am pretty sure he will improve when he gets his head right, its probably spinning at the moment. It wouldn't surprise me , if and when Jonny gets back , he gets preferred to Caglar.

I knew it’d happen. Finally @An Sionnach I agree with you!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

we'd better start defending on our 6 yard line then the lack of pace in that pairing is scary

1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

we'd better start defending on our 6 yard line then the lack of pace in that pairing is scary

Wes and Rob were not exactly fast and they did OK. To be honest CBs who push too far up scare me. Unless we play with a sweeper of course.

4 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Wes and Rob were not exactly fast and they did OK. To be honest CBs who push too far up scare me. Unless we play with a sweeper of course.

Wes and Rob played counter attack and our style was to enforce a low block and have them clear it for dear life. Weve got a plodder of a back line now fvcking about with it and losing possession.

13 minutes ago, KFS said:

Wes and Rob played counter attack and our style was to enforce a low block and have them clear it for dear life. Weve got a plodder of a back line now fvcking about with it and losing possession.

There is the dilemma , we are a better counterattacking  side but the opposition won't let us play that way. If we had sat right back against Palace and banged out long balls to Vardy and Lookman  we might have got a result. However do we have anybody who can do that accurately. Atletico have been doing it for years and regularly mug the multi millionaires of Real and Barca. Their technically super efficient defense and covering and their Beckham like long ball accuracy is highly productive.

Edited by An Sionnach

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

We play a completely different style of football now and Rodgers wouldn't change things to cater for this, so if and when they play together we will be ripped 20 new arseholes. 

12 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Does him being English/home grown and young not automatically qualify him? 

Unfortunately not

We registered a squad of 24 and that 25th place can only go to an overaged club trained player

Can also only be on the B List if you were born in 2000 or after and he was born in 1998, I didn't realise he is actually 24 in February!

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

I can't wait for this lad to come back, how good was he from October through to his injury? Absolutely frightening at times. Hopefully he won't suffer the same very slow progress that Ricardo, Maddison and Barnes have had but we will need to be realistic in what we get from him. He's one who can keep it safe when he's not at full throttle and confident and that might be what we see to start with as he builds back up. 

Might finally have an England player again. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I can't wait for this lad to come back, how good was he from October through to his injury? Absolutely frightening at times. Hopefully he won't suffer the same very slow progress that Ricardo, Maddison and Barnes have had but we will need to be realistic in what we get from him. He's one who can keep it safe when he's not at full throttle and confident and that might be what we see to start with as he builds back up. 

He is Incredible, so annoyed for him when he got injured, on his day he is one of the first eat full backs around! I just hope he comes back to his former glory…

• Like 1

Just now, pmcla26 said:

I know you’re not a fan of 3 at the back, but maybe he’ll play left centre half at times with Vestergaard in the middle and Soyuncu on the right? Maybe, having those two flanking big Jan with their pace, we might get the most out of him. 

I'm only not a fan of it because we haven't tended to have the players for it. With the right players I like it at times. Justin as a 3rd CB would be far better than a back 3 of Vestergaard, Soyuncu and Evans. That said, I don't believe we have a player who plays left wing back better than Justin and I'm not even sure he is as good there as he is at full back and that is the issue with wing backs, they need to be monsters.

33 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

That's the crucial part isn't it. We all want the same player back, immediately if possible, but the reality is likely to be that he'll need time, patience and support, by both the club and the fans. He was so good before his injury, that I hope he is afforded the time he needs. He's worth the time and effort.

• Like 2