Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
twister

Is it healthy for teams to win the league with 100 plus points

Liverpool are going that way again

City have done it nearly twice

Chelsea got 95 points a few years ago under conte

I remember my lot at arsenal going unbeaten with only 90 odd points but that would not even the league now not even close.

It's a strange one. It's obviously not healthy, but whilst this Liverpool team is excellent, I don't think they are THAT good. In fact I think they played better last season, but this time round it's like 30 years of luck is going their way all at once. No disrespect to them either, if they win it they are more than deserved champions! But I feel like they are over-performing their actual level as to be 8 points clear of the 2nd place team that has only lost twice and just won 7 in a row is almost freakish.

This season they should have dropped points to us, Sheffield United, Villa and Spurs, and possibly even more than that. But they somehow grind out points without being at their best. To me they are on the same level as Conte's team that won the league with 95 points, but the way they are going they may even break Man City's 100 point record.

• Like 3

I dont think their that great either

I think part of it is guardiola and klopp are that good their almost unplayable as managers

The fact your sandwhiches between them as the moment is a bit ridiculous

But sums up the character of your young players. 

Edited by twister

19 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

It's a strange one. It's obviously not healthy, but whilst this Liverpool team is excellent, I don't think they are THAT good. In fact I think they played better last season, but this time round it's like 30 years of luck is going their way all at once. No disrespect to them either, if they win it they are more than deserved champions! But I feel like they are over-performing their actual level as to be 8 points clear of the 2nd place team that has only lost twice and just won 7 in a row is almost freakish.

This season they should have dropped points to us, Sheffield United, Villa and Spurs, and possibly even more than that. But they somehow grind out points without being at their best. To me they are on the same level as Conte's team that won the league with 95 points, but the way they are going they may even break Man City's 100 point record.

Add Palace to that list.

Liverpool are having a great season but they aren't close to Man City 17/18.

Guest Markyblue

If Liverpool get 100 points fair play to them. They are having some luck but nobody wins the league without it. Continuously winning with 100 points would not be healthy but i don't think that will happen long term, the fact we are in some sort of touching distance to them says everything about us.

I don’t think they’ll get 100 points. The December calendar is harsh and they’ll do well to get through it unbeaten. 

I would have been nice if the Everton that played us at the weekend, had showed up to player Liverpool last night.

Anyhow, they’ve got:

7th - Bournemouth away

10th - Red Bull Salzburg away

14th - Watford home

17th - Villa away - reserves game basically

18th - World Super cup - away in Doha

21st - World Super cup - away in Doha

26th - Leicester away

29th - Wolves home

2nd - Sheff U - home

Edited by Sly
  • Haha 1

There were a few comments on social media last night about Leicester only being up in the top 2 because other clubs aren't as good. Don't get me wrong Manchester United and Arsenal aren't hitting their heights but there are a lot of clubs in the league this year who are very competitive. It's about time other teams begin to have their share of success in the league. Others may say this is down to the money that is being spent but lets be honest, the money in football isn't going to go away so we are going to have to embrace rich owners coming in and spending big amounts in an attempt to compete with the likes of both Manchester clubs, Liverpool and Chelsea.

16 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Thought it was second highest, didn't Reading get 105?

Championship record is indeed held by Reading - 106. We're joint-second with Newcastle on 102.

It was our record points in a season, though. 

1 hour ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

There were a few comments on social media last night about Leicester only being up in the top 2 because other clubs aren't as good. Don't get me wrong Manchester United and Arsenal aren't hitting their heights but there are a lot of clubs in the league this year who are very competitive. It's about time other teams begin to have their share of success in the league. Others may say this is down to the money that is being spent but lets be honest, the money in football isn't going to go away so we are going to have to embrace rich owners coming in and spending big amounts in an attempt to compete with the likes of both Manchester clubs, Liverpool and Chelsea.

Where we would be after 15 games in the last 6 seasons with our points total... what’s the excuse now? They’ve all be ‘underperforming’ for 6 straight years. Rubbish.

2012/13 - 2nd

2013/14 - 1st

2014/15 - 2nd

2015/16 - 1st

2016/17 - 2nd

2017/18 - 2nd

2018/19 - 3rd

Edited by Meat and 2 veg
  • Like 1

I think what is healthy for the league is competitiveness. If one or two teams dominated each year, like Barca & Real, Juve, Bayern, PSG, Celtic & Rangers, even if none ever get 100 points, then it isn't healthy. The premier league has had periods of dominance but over the last 5 years 3 different teams have won it and 4 other teams have finished 2nd. I don't think it matters if a team gets 100 points as long as it's not the same team every season and they don't run away with the league like Man City did in 17/18.

it would be better if there was a group of clubs who could win the league instead of having one or two clubs dominating year after year, more competition is always better. Liverpool and Man city have set a stamdard which is near impossible it seems for other clubs to follow.

13 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

I don't think it's fair to say that tbh, if they hit even close to their points total from last season again this season then that's nothing to do with luck, that's tremendous consistency, particularly when you throw a Champions league win in there as well.  Even this season it's their consistency again and their ability to find a way to win that's put them where they are.  If anything not winning the league with their points total last season was terribly unlucky as in any other year it would have been good enough.

Edited by henrik_62