Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Brendan Rodgers 'set for bumper new £5m raise?

4 hours ago, mancunianfox said:

And people wondered why he wouldn't just come out and say that he wasn't going to Arsenal!!!

He did say that, just the a bit later then one would have hoped.

But as we can see it hasn't meant much for public perception and the media, still people tweeting and reporting about him been a candidate and odds not dropped on betting sites.

I just asked an arsenal fan why he wants rodgers and not klopp, pep, his answer was that they have no chance with those managers.  Yet rodgers has already ruled the move out.  I guess what he didnt want to say to me was "its only Leicester and we are arsenal".

Edited by Chrysalis

I've said for a long time, the right manager is priceless. 

You can spend as much as you like on players but unless you have a manager who can pull it all together. The team will struggle. 

Get it done and sorted quickly. 

Edited by Clever Fox
Missing word
  • Like 2

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/12/05/leicester-open-talks-brendan-rodgers-lucrative-new-contract/amp/

Exclusive: Leicester open talks with Brendan Rodgers over lucrative new contract in bid to kill off Arsenal links

Exclusive: Leicester open talks with Brendan Rodgers over lucrative new contract in bid to kill off Arsenal links

Brendan Rodgers is in talks over a new contract with Leicester as the Champions League chasers move to tie down their manager.

Rodgers is being offered a lucrative extension by Leicester and could officially commit his future to the club in the next few days, to finally kill off links with Arsenal.

The 46 year old was only appointed as manager in February but has overseen a remarkable resurgence at King Power Stadium, guiding Leicester to second in the Premier League with the 2-0 win over Watford on Wednesday night their seventh in a row.

Arsenal are understood to have considered Rodgers as a prime candidate to replace Unai Emery, who was sacked last week, but Leicester are now putting the finishing touches to a new deal for the Northern Irishman.

Leicester were always intending to reward Rodgers for his impressive start to his tenure in the East Midlands but negotiations have now started over a new contract following a number of recent managerial dismissals in England.

Rodgers agreed a three-and-a-half year deal worth around £5 million a year when he moved from Celtic earlier this year, with a huge £14 million release clause which was revealed by Telegraph Sport.

Leicester stretched their current winning streak to seven games on Wednesday 

This new deal will land Rodgers a significant pay rise as a reward for his first ten months, and is likely to include an even bigger compensation fee for any clubs interested in taking him away.

Earlier this week he insisted he was happy to stay at Leicester, despite persistent links with Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur.

"Why would I want to leave Leicester City at this moment in time? I’m working with a young group of players with so much potential, that want to improve and want to develop," he said.

"There’s a lot for us to grow and develop over these next few seasons. We’re moving to a new training facility. 

"I respect there will always be this speculation around jobs, but I’m very happy here and have great relations with all the people, and I feel I want to continue with that. "

Leicester equalled a club record stretching back 56 years with the win over struggling Watford and face Aston Villa this Sunday.

• Like 1

Good!  Rodgers deserves it. Always nice to know your getting respect from your boss for the hard work that you do.

I really want him to stay here and create something special. For his and my own selfish reasons.:scarf:

Must be obvious to Top by now that he is no flash in the pan manager.

Although just getting started he has done enough to prove himself and show his talents. Onwards!

Edited by SO1

I agree he deserves more money but can’t stuff like this wait till the season is over? Unless it gets rid of the ‘release clause’.

I just feel it little things like this that are a distraction from our consistency on the pitch. Before you know it the players are feeling under appreciated as they think the manager is getting all the credit, they all want a pay rise, get slightly unhappy and it affects our form.

Personally, I’d wait till the summer, only takes a few games for it all to go tits up

46 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

I agree he deserves more money but can’t stuff like this wait till the season is over? Unless it gets rid of the ‘release clause’.

I just feel it little things like this that are a distraction from our consistency on the pitch. Before you know it the players are feeling under appreciated as they think the manager is getting all the credit, they all want a pay rise, get slightly unhappy and it affects our form.

Personally, I’d wait till the summer, only takes a few games for it all to go tits up

I disagree, I think it sends a strong message out to everyone. 

The players will see his is committed (for now) and hopefully will put any thoughts of moving to bed. 

It is also a show of ambition to the footballing world, pundits and clubs alike that we can fend off interest from the 'big clubs' (again for now) 

• Like 2

Negotiations are ongoing and the final details are being ironed out as we speak, the most notable being: a golden statue will be erected in Brendan's likeness. The anatomically correct statue will stand at 16 feet tall to represent the points gap between Leicester and Arsenal mid-table obscurity. Rodgers made himself clear that no contract extension would be happening unless every part of the statue is scaled accordingly, but Top was quick to reassure him, stating confidently that no expense will be spared as the world's most gifted architects will be brought in to craft Rodgers' todger.

• Haha 1