Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

OFFICIAL: Rodgers signs new contract!

Seriously, though. I think the goal this year was a Europa League spot and a cup run. Rodgers has changed expectations.

I am sure his first contract was heavily incentivised with bonuses for league position, so this new one must be more massive than Cags's unit.

I think more impressive than our results has been how he has improved individual members of the squad.

The future is bright!

It won’t have removed the buy out clause, because Rodgers and his agent will be the ones that want the clause in the first place.

What it will do though, as others have said, is probably put the price up, provide Rodgers a bigger wage and “signing on” bonus, reaffirm his commitment in the short term to end the speculation from distracting us this season, and provide another massive boost to the players morale, (and that of the supporters) which is already sky high!

A great move for the club.

It doesn’t necessarily give long term guarantees against certain specific clubs coming in for him, but it’s the best thing for all parties at the current time.

Great news! 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Brendan's played a blinder here.  By not dismissing Arsenal out of hand he's got a bigger longer contract and I love it! 

Yeah pretty blatant, but I don't begrudge him for doing it at all. He's manager of the season so far by miles given what he's pulled off with the resources he's had available. I'd do the same with my employer if I was smashing it as much as he is.

Committing to 2025 could be huge though. A bit like Spurs a few years ago, we have a collection of players who are all going to hit their prime at the same time. They didn't win anything, but they came really close. Brendan has winning experience (albeit at Celtic) which could give us an edge. Man City and Liverpool are in another stratosphere in terms of squad and resources, but we've got chances to win cups with this lot for sure.

• Like 1

Just the same thing we've done with players - sign them on improved and longer deals - keeping them more secure, they're happier in the meantime and if they do go we can demand a bigger fee/compensation. 

The only way this backfires in BR's case is if we want to sack him at any point. 

10 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

The Arsenal link clearly shit the club up enough for them to open up their wallet.

Good stuff. Now bring the title home you sexy bastard.

I’m getting the feeling that they were already sorta-casusaly discussing it (“shouldn’t we” “sure, sounds fine, details?” “We’ll figure something out at the next regular meeting”) but that the discussions between self-wanking pundits made them do so with more immediate agency 

Just now, Les-TA-Jon said:

Just the same thing we've done with players - sign them on improved and longer deals - keeping them more secure, they're happier in the meantime and if they do go we can demand a bigger fee/compensation. 

The only way this backfires in BR's case is if we want to sack him at any point. 

Neccessary gamble imo. He doesn't strike me as the sort of manager that will completely lose the plot and go on an extended run of bad results. Hope I'm not wrong 

• Like 1

People think they put together this extension in a couple days?  Haven't worked with many Lawyers or is it Barristers have you. :ph34r:

2 week minimum probably more.