Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

OFFICIAL: Rodgers signs new contract!

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

Was this guy asleep for the whole of 2016?

1411140090_Screenshot2019-12-06at15_18_27.thumb.png.5ee73e77b01da46e8398bb03da746f3e.png

We have 5 PL games left in December. Worst case scenario if Wolves/United/Palace/Spurs all go on 5-game win streaks* and we lose all 5 games, we'd be 8th on GD. We need just one win to guarantee we'll be in the top 4 on the 1st of Jan, meanwhile Wolves would have to beat Spurs, Man City and Liverpool and have a GD swing of 22 to overtake us. I think we're safe :thumbup:

And as for '1 decent run of games', I'd wager that none of the sides outside the Sky Six have put together 7+ game PL winning streaks at any time in this century. From a cursory google search, the usual suspects make up the top 10 longest win streaks (11+).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SixtiesFox said:

This is a major statement to the 'big boys' - hands off our prized assets! Little old Leicester is here to stay. We crashed their exclusive little party once, now we're aiming to shake up the established order consistently. How will the PL, media and pundits cope? Their patronizing tone - "with all due respect to Leicester, he needs to move to a bigger club" will be rammed back down their (Danny (LiVARpool) Murphy et al) throats. Brilliant stuff! How lucky we are to have been born Leicester fans! 

The more you keep gate crashing the so called big 6 party, the sooner you get accepted  it really is that simple...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bazly said:

What are the odds he makes it to 2025? I'd venture 100/1. the club has potentially just set itself up for a big severance package unless there is a relegation opt out clause.

I think he has a chance, I mean his son has already got his sexual scandal out of the way while he was at another club

The absolute masterstoke of getting Brendan to extend and sign a new contract is that when the club is sitting down to discuss contract extensions with key players the opening line will be

"Look Brendan has committed for the long term, you will win trophies here and play attacking enjoyable football,  this is your new increased salary, sign here..............."

• Like 2

1 hour ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

This puts speculation to bed until the summer at the earliest.

Of course if we go on a long losing run he'll be sacked !!

#InBrendanWeTrust :appl:

Of course . The script now requires a 2-1 defeat on Sunday followed by ironic postings of “Rodgers out” 

Just Repeat what I Posted under Another topic...

It's the time ,the new era ,a new dawning,is upon us that city put in offers,for some of these lower clubs players..

Son,Kane,Rashford,

Alli,Pepe,Aubemeyang..etc

I am sure they would love to win a trophy before they Retire..:celebrate:

2 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

The club has made incredible choices over the years from sacking Pearson after the Great Escape, to Ranieri after the title winning season, to Shakespeare after the interim steadying, to Puel after doing the hard yards in putting the foundations in place for Rodgers to reap the benefits of, to now securing Rodgers.  I think the one who is really invaluable is the club ownership and management: Top, Susan and Rudkin. They are the ones who have made the incredible choices and recruitment. They really know what they are doing and I hope Susan and Rudkin are on long term contracts too!

You can't seriously be saying those 2 were good appointments.

We actually wasted 2 years messing about with Shakespeare and Puel - that, if anything, is what we should have learned from the last few months under Rodgers. Good managers do not need a lot of time and do not make excuses.

I mean for god's sake, even the players have admitted hating Puel, can we just stop avoiding the fact he was a terrible manager?

• Like 4