Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

OFFICIAL: Rodgers signs new contract!

49 minutes ago, Gerard said:

£150k a week I would guess and makes him the highest paid employee at the club.

If one thing I have learned in my years of following football is that the manager is the most important person at the club. After watching Martin O'Neill do a brilliant job here over a few years and Peter Taylor ruining the club in less than 12 months.

It takes a long time to build a house but it can be knocked down in an hour no matter how well it is built. 

Yeah exactly, Alex Ferguson was a huge advocate of this and I think it's even more pertinent now with the rise of player power in terms of ego and what they now earn.

Assuming the £15m clause figure was essentially the amount of wages due over the rest of his contract, a doubling in remaining contract length and a 50-100% wage increase should work out to a £50m release clause. Hope we have a lower compensation figure set if we have to sack him! 

I note the humungous Bell-end aka ‘Chris Strap-on’ has got his weekly ‘dig in’ on BR and Leicester. What is it with is guy that he cannot accept that if Leicester played in Conference National, we would also win 9-10 titles in a row?

3 minutes ago, brucey said:

Assuming the £15m clause figure was essentially the amount of wages due over the rest of his contract, a doubling in remaining contract length and a 50-100% wage increase should work out to a £50m release clause. Hope we have a lower compensation figure set if we have to sack him! 

Think that's generally how it works yeah, that was similarly the case when he left Celtic in terms of the compensation you paid us.  That said there's maybe a little more to it as had he left us in the summer we would only have been due £6m compo but because it was mid-season we were due £9m.

• Thanks 1

This is a major statement to the 'big boys' - hands off our prized assets! Little old Leicester is here to stay. We crashed their exclusive little party once, now we're aiming to shake up the established order consistently. How will the PL, media and pundits cope? Their patronizing tone - "with all due respect to Leicester, he needs to move to a bigger club" will be rammed back down their (Danny (LiVARpool) Murphy et al) throats. Brilliant stuff! How lucky we are to have been born Leicester fans! 

Just now, mozartfox said:

I note the humungous Bell-end aka ‘Chris Strap-on’ has got his weekly ‘dig in’ on BR and Leicester. What is it with is guy that he cannot accept that if Leicester played in Conference National, we would also win 9-10 titles in a row?

I'm no fan of Sutton the pundit but you have an unhealthy obsession with him.  You even reference him in your avatar.  Enjoy the crest of the wave Leicester are riding and forget about him.

Should have waited. :whistle: :dry: Looks like Diego Simeone is becoming available.

'There is always a moment of speculation': Diego Simeone dismisses claims that he has lost the Atletico Madrid dressing room as under-fire manager gears up for Villarreal clash

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7763661/Diego-Simeone-dismisses-claims-lost-Atletico-Madrid-dressing-room.html

1 minute ago, Steven said:

Should have waited. :whistle: :dry: Looks like Diego Simeone is becoming available.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7763661/Diego-Simeone-dismisses-claims-lost-Atletico-Madrid-dressing-room.html

lol Simeone strikes me as one of those guys who is perfect and an excellent manager for Atletico but may struggle to have the same impact anywhere else he goes.

7 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

I'm no fan of Sutton the pundit but you have an unhealthy obsession with him.  You even reference him in your avatar.  Enjoy the crest of the wave Leicester are riding and forget about him.

Yeah....... but it's funny as f*** spamming his twitter feed with constant reminders that he's an arse!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rusko187 said:

Yeah....... but it's funny as f*** spamming his twitter feed with constant reminders that he's an arse!

That's exactly the reaction he wants tbh, it's his MO as a pundit, to be controversial so folk bite.  He was exactly the same with Celtic fans when Deila was the manager and in the latter part of Rodgers time.

1 minute ago, henrik_62 said:

That's exactly the reaction he wants tbh, it's his MO as a pundit, to be controversial so folk bite.  He was exactly the same with Celtic fans when Deila was the manager and in the latter part of Rodgers time.

I agree, its the same with alot of ex-footballers. They want to still appear relevant (get paid of course), maybe even each club has a leech and a champion, either way, they can all sod off.

Best ignored.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, PegguyArphexad said:

You'd be amazed how simple football player/manager contracts are. Pro forma template agreements that can be turned in hours if necessary. That's not to say that the club haven't been thinking about this for longer. 

Money talks Bullshit walks.:)