Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Norwich 1-1 Post Match Thread

Rodgers cost us that I think with the setup. Yes we beat Villa but defensively we weren't great. This diamond means no width whilst defending at all. Norwich could have scored two before they did score. 

Gray and Barnes were shocking. Gray is so unintelligent it's unbelievable. He is clueless at time when he gets the ball. Has no idea what to do with it and I've never seen a player go down so many blind alleys with the ball.

Barnes has the potential we know that. But his striking ability is pitiful. He should be out on the training ground having non stop shooting practice. He's should be on half a dozen goals already this season.

The lack of quality wide players will mean we ultimately can't challenge for the league

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jon1bc said:

Agreed although we need to accept that a Mahrez calibre player is rare and there isnt currently a replacement on the shelf..

We have played out of skins so far.. last week we were lucky.. another reality check today. top 4 lets not get ahead of ourselves.. more than cuffed with 4th place. our target

Exactly how were we lucky last week? We could’ve have easily scored 6 or 7 against Villa and it wouldn’t have flattered us.

1 minute ago, NaijaFox said:

Exactly how were we lucky last week? We could’ve have easily scored 6 or 7 against Villa and it wouldn’t have flattered us.

They had multiple chances in the first half to put us to bed. Let's not get carried away

2 minutes ago, jon1bc said:

They had multiple chances in the first half to put us to bed. Let's not get carried away

Bar the one that hit the bar not really what are you on about if you mean everton then point taken but we were good agianst villa

Edited by Fightforever
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SecretPro said:

Can't help it: lose to Man City and Liverpool and the likes of Spurs/United pick up points and we are in danger of losing confidence and ****ing up our champions League spot. Teams properly in contention for the top spot don't scrape a point against second-from-bottom and that's the difference between us and Liverpool: Thier off-days result in wins. 

If it’s any reassurance, Spurs play Wolves away tomorrow and Chelsea at home the following week, so those chasing the top four are going to drop points. Man United fixtures are easier on paper, but those are the ones they’ve struggled with. December is going to be a grind. Norwich surprised us today, why can’t we continue to surprise? 25 points from 27. We are not Liverpool, but we are still a bloody good side and one draw doesn’t change that!

We got a point and deserved no more.

Norwich were pretty impressive given their place in the table. We had too many players off their game. The only one in blue who really impressed was Ndidi.

I liked the fact that Rodgers had the guts to change the formation as were all over the place in the first half, but the problem was that the two wingers who came on, Gray and especially Barnes, were awful so we created next to nothing from the flanks.

Let’s just hope it was a one-off.

3 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

Fair play to Norwich, did a job on us. 

Utterly crap from our fans again. 

Don't deserve the team that they've got. 

Raise the roof? 

We couldn't lift a serviette 

There was nothing on show that I saw that deserved a roof raising. 

All round poor today but didn’t lose. That’s got to be a bonus. 

Barnes needs another 18 months on loan in the Championship and Gray needs telling he needs to be having a look on Rightmove somewhere near Rotherham or Barnsley. 

34 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Well that was the issue, all our creative players were off form today, even Ricardo. 

Probably the one person who had a good game was Chilwell. He had one poor set piece delivery but other than that he defended very well and contributed a lot going forwards. 

Anyway whilst we are disapointed we can’t be in the title race we’ve still been on a superb run. Two tough league  fixtures in a row now but we’ve still got so much to play for and are still having a wonderful season!

Oh dear! we're you at the game?

Chilwell was poor, he was the reason the diamond didn't work, no threat because 

his default move is back to Soyuncu. His inability to use his right foot  is becoming a liability!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, jon1bc said:

First half we looked vulnerable

We did but Rodgers said he was happy to make it more of a basketball game and allow their full backs to get forward as he felt we would  outscore them in a fairly open game. I don’t think you can take that approach in a home game against a ‘lesser’ side as the opposition will sit back far more and not allow our front two to be two on two. 

surprised BR made this call - it was something we used to do under less tactically adept managers.... ‘that worked, let’s do it again next week’

2 minutes ago, Ceirboy said:

Barnes needs another 18 months on loan in the Championship and Gray needs telling he needs to be having a look on Rightmove somewhere near Rotherham or Barnsley. 

The crowd should inspire the team 

That's why they call it 12th man. 

Utterly embarrassing, I really don't know why many bother going. 

Surely you can just get blotto at home a watch it on some dodgy stream? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ceirboy said:

I've missed you. 

• Haha 2

Set up from the of was wrong but understandable  Rodgers tried it ..He gave the first chance to Gray over perez and he did his usua average jobl last minute could have stepped inside a couple of players but stayed back post  ( vardy does it also) and surprise ball didn't reach him,Not a bad player but.not no the full ticket.

Barmes was at it but nothing came off and Norwich were decent especially the full backs.Youri looked fully fit so a draw but onwards 

We have been on a superb run and let's remember it was a draw. We are still unbeaten at home this season and have lost 2 out of 17 in the league. 

Brendan got it wrong for me. I don't think Gray was the right man either to come on when he did. Should have sat back down when 1-1 and then at half time Barnes and Perez on for Praet and Nacho. The former had a poor game especially with his refusal to kick the ball back. I think the gaffer would have given him some strong words on that. 

In summary, it was a week where many didn't perform. But not the end of the world. We are a way off Liverpool yet, like everyone else this year. Let's step it up now and get in that league cup semi final draw mid week.