Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Norwich 1-1 Post Match Thread

I thought we were poor Gray drives me nuts with his absurd step overs. We have one of the fastest strikes in the league and you want to slow the game down you melt? Soy had his first poor game in a LCFC shirt, bailed out by his colleagues a few times (Wilf and Riccy were very good, Wilf missing a couple of good headers aside). Harvey's confidence looks shot, alas. He had some lovely runs down the touchline but doesn't want to attack the ball when it falls to him. I think he could be something special but his finishing and by exstension is confidence is down in the gutter. I'm hoping in the next 12 months Rodgers will find a way to boost his confidence because right now his finishing is not PL standard. I so want him to work it out because he's adorable and so talented and I want good things to happen to the lad.

Attitude wise we stank. I wonder if we thought they'd just roll over and hand this result to us on a platter? We definitely seemed arrogant here.

Little concerned about Youri too. Had some nice touches but when is the last time he dominated a game? Thought Madders was quite good - his whipped in deliveries from the dead ball position deserved more. Vards unlucky.

May as well hand the title to Liverpool now AND Vardy's run is gone. Still. We deserved a draw, Norwich, annoying time wasting aside, were good. Pukki is some player. He deserves all the accolades he gets.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, The Guvnor said:

Ah well, credit to Norch they were good on the ball, quick on the break and defended in numbers. We were far too open on the left hand side particularly. 

We tried to change it around but just one of those days.

Oh and we need to get Kevin Phillips back to show Barnes how to strike a ball.

Vardy gained a lot from Kevin. We should indeed bring him back for Barnes and others

It's one of those games where Vardy needs to show for it more, thought his movement second half was poor. Ricardo worst game going forward for a long time and Tielemans not good enough today. Ndidi didn't protect the back 4 well enough so many times they could pick up the ball and turn at the defence. Everyone poor to average today. 

Not going to dwell on it though, poor performance and we move on and take the point. 

We made Norwich City look like Sheffield United today. lol

Seriously, we should be winning these. NO EXCUSES! Instead, if they had won it in the end it would’ve been disingenuous to argue that we were hard done given the effort over the 90+ minutes. This is a really deflating moment, but no time to wallow because we should be looking to beat Everton midweek and complete that cup run.

• Like 1

Clever by Rodgers to take the spotlight off of us before we play Man City and Liverpool. 

In all seriousness I can't be too hard on us. 8 wins and the bounce and still picked up a point despite the poor performance. You can't win them all. Rodgers has proven he learns from his mistakes 

Give Norwich some credit.  They always play hard, they have a bit of skill and Pukki is really good.  Perfect striker for a side like Norwich, as he plays in the same style for the national team which is almost always overmatched for physicality and speed.

That said, a rough performance.  Caglar was really bad, bluntly.  But not like we had a lot of really strong performances.

We weren’t good enough today, not bad by any stretch but no where near the standards we’ve set this season. That goes for off the pitch aswell.

I think we underestimated Norwich abit today, they were a solid team.

Apart from the Villa game last week I don’t think we’ve been good enough for a few games now. Everton, Watford and today in Norwich.

The positives to try and take out of it is that we didn’t lose today though and hopefully drawing today might give us a kick up the backside, a wake up call to push on and we’ve gone a point further ahead on Chelsea.

Gray was terrible though. So was Barnes to be fair, but Gray annoys me when he slows right down and then does a million step overs and lets Norwich get back into formation.

We were terrible but we could have lost and we are still second, so. Maybe the kick up the bum we need. 

A bit galling Liverpool have the title but to be fair, they'd have found a way to win that one. Still, onward and upwards.

I am really going to hate listening to the football chattering class over the next week as they revert to their usual traditional Big-6 love fest, and start to treat us as some sort of aberration once again. We now have to put up really on-notch performances in the 2 games over Christmas. Bah humbug!

Edited by NaijaFox
  • Like 1