Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Norwich 1-1 Post Match Thread

Norwich were good, Pukki impressive and Aarons not bad either.

We set up wrong, they completely ran over the midfield and could've been 2 up by the time we'd reacted. Gray not great off the bench, would've favoured Ayoze given they were going to sit in and invite pressure.

We didn't lose and we've played pretty poorly. Long way to go this season and we're clearly still a work in progress in regards to having different plans for different opponents.

Vardy getting 8 in a row is still very impressive, as was the 8 game winning run. Still time to get something else up and running again this season.

• Like 2

Just now, Manini said:

Some serious flapping going on in here - blood pressure must be through the roof in the Leicester area.

Shit today. Fair ****s to Norwich. We’re still a good team. Tielemans is still quality. We’ll get something against Man City. 

Get out of here with your optimism! We just drew with the Robin Hood of the league!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Manini said:

Some serious flapping going on in here - blood pressure must be through the roof in the Leicester area.

Shit today. Fair ****s to Norwich. We’re still a good team. Tielemans is still quality. We’ll get something against Man City. 

Can't help it: lose to Man City and Liverpool and the likes of Spurs/United pick up points and we are in danger of losing confidence and ****ing up our champions League spot. Teams properly in contention for the top spot don't scrape a point against second-from-bottom and that's the difference between us and Liverpool: Thier off-days result in wins. 

Starting with the diamond cost us the points today. Team balance much better second half though Barnes and Gray poor and even Maddison not on it today other than set piece delivery. 

Still 8 wins and 1 draw in 9 is superb going even if our outside title aspirations are over. 

Edited by StriderHiryu

Just now, SecretPro said:

Can't help it: lose to Man City and Liverpool and the likes of Spurs/United pick up points and we are in danger of losing confidence and ****ing up our champions League spot. Teams properly in contention for the top spot don't scrape a point against second-from-bottom and that's the difference between us and Liverpool: Thier off-days result in wins. 

Well Man City lost to Norwich, Liverpool have just been too good... we are 9 unbeaten taking 25 points from the last 27, I think that is decent. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Only me who thinks Rodgers was a bit premature taking nachoman off? He looked lively.

I thought he was dreadful.

Gave the ball away nearly every time he got it after a bright first 5-10 minutes culminating in that shot.

As I said in the match thread, I thought he did the right thing in playing on after the throw in. (From memory) it went out after a 50:50 between Ricardo and Pukki.

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

Starting with the diamond cost us the points today. Team balance much better second half though Barnes and Gray poor and even Maddison not on it today. 

Still 8 wins and 1 draw in 9 is superb going even if our outside title aspirations are over. 

We had more possession in the second half but didn’t do much with it.  Norwich actually had the better chances.

I still don’t think the formation was the problem, the performance was.  Pukki rode Soyuncu like a rented mule all day and most of the side was off the pace.

8 minutes ago, Manini said:

Spot on. 

I do think we have to accept that with a side so young, these sort of games are bound to pop up every now and then - and they're the exception rather than the norm.

1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

My concern is people are going to start thinking finish top 4 is going to be disappointed because we didn't 'challenge' Liverpool. We've just won 8 in a row, we were bound to slip up at some point. 

Exactly there never was a title challenge. Unfortunately some overly precious types got upset that we weren’t in the conversation when the team top of the table has taken 76 points out of the last 78. 

Never in a million years were we winning the league this season. Great effort to even make top 4 and we should be very pleased with the start we’ve made even if today was a total shit show.

Everybody was off it today except Ndidi who was head and shoulders above everyone. 

Norwich did an excellent job pressing us all over the pitch, and managed to stop the little give and goes and triangles that get our full backs in behind. Been a long time since ive seen Ricardo truly nullified like that. Was a mistake to go with the diamond in hindsight as it gave Norwich a foothold. 

Normally games have gone our way after we start to overwhelm teams with our energy, or that extra quality we now possess makes the difference. We never looked like doing either today, and thats as much credit to Norwich as our own deficiencies. Think they can stay up if they dont get further injury problems in their back 4.

Edited by martyn
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, ttfn said:

I thought he was dreadful.

Gave the ball away nearly every time he got it after a bright first 5-10 minutes culminating in that shot.

As I said in the match thread, I thought he did the right thing in playing on after the throw in. (From memory) it went out after a 50:50 between Ricardo and Pukki.

Norwich definitely kicked it out,maybe he thought they did it for ricardo being injured.anyway it was strange.