Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Norwich 1-1 Post Match Thread

6 minutes ago, l444ry said:

First time this season that Brendan might have got things wrong. The diamond just wasn't working. At least he was proactive and changed the shape. Unfortunate for Nacho and Praet but needed doing. Could well have been different if we'd scored first, One point and move on. Thought the 3000 at Villa made more noise than the 32000 at the KP.  

He changed it quite quickly tbf ...   they brought their wide players in and flooded the midfield ...   they also had some very good players playing at their best ...    and we had a bad day at the office..   Trouble is other teams will see this ...

• Like 1

Not great today. Can't really think of anyone who impressed. Perhaps Ndidi but even he missed a couple of fairly presentable chances. 

Fans so poor. Didn't hear any booing but it was so quiet and the 85 min walk out is back. I have to urge myself not to drag them back to their seats.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Yes, I thought the same. Thought he was excellent. Much quicker than I imagined and made some great runs. First player who has outrun Cags all season.

He has been shit everywhere until last season though, he would cost 30 - 40 million atm, I don't think he is worth that, he isn't exactly young either. 

Not really the sort of player we go for. 

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

United was the first time he got things wrong, maybe even Wolves. He's proven that he learns from those mistakes though with the run we put together 

Fair point regarding Man Utd. Was early in the season though and playing safe was understandable. 

• Like 2

I watched the game with one eye. Didn't think Praet was that bad (compared to others) so i was a bit surprised to see him taken off for a player that was actually piss poor. Praet is unlucky he can't play on his normal (best) position, so he has to shift outward where he can't play his normal game. I think in a game like today, it might have been an option to take someone from center midfield off, shift Praet inward and bring somebody off the bench for the wing. But i only watch a few Leicester matches a year, so take this post with a grain of salt in that regard. Just a quick impression.

I thought Norwich played well and deserved a point. Frustrating game to watch, just didn’t flow. Referee poor. 

Pukki does my head in, just suddenly seems to appear from nowhere on the edge of the penalty area, really good player.

Ndidi was good and Cags stopped Pukki from scoring.

Anyone know anything about the gentleman on the floor being treated by paramedics on the way out down Saffron Lane -  hope he’s OK. 

49 minutes ago, Blue-fox said:

Teliemens could have been dragged at half time. Was poor again

Well that was the issue, all our creative players were off form today, even Ricardo. 

Probably the one person who had a good game was Chilwell. He had one poor set piece delivery but other than that he defended very well and contributed a lot going forwards. 

Anyway whilst we are disapointed we can’t be in the title race we’ve still been on a superb run. Two tough league  fixtures in a row now but we’ve still got so much to play for and are still having a wonderful season!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just need some perspective. Wasnt good enough today, alot of mis placed passes, over hit passes and poor decision making but also credit Norwich. Defended very well and were a threat when they went forward.

Im as frustrated as anyone that we've not won but we got as good a result as we deserved.

Thats our first dropped points since losing to liverpool so we'd of absolutely taken that

Today’s game got off to the wrong start, the formation didn’t work and allowed Norwich to get a foothold in the game. Can’t blame Rodgers for keeping it the same but it really exposes us and played well into their hands. Norwich were busy, and played out of their skins, but they can’t get upset about Kalechi, as their sportsmanship was poor also, they were awarding time almost immediately after they scored.

We never recovered from the poor first half, the set up really played into Norwich’s hands as they were really able to overload the wings, forcing Praet and Tielemans our wide this leaving Wilf on his own. After that we just couldn’t have any kind of impact on the game. You’ll have days like this, and it’s games like this we miss that player who really can win a game like Mahrez. Which I really think we need to invest in during the January market. 

Ndidi was the standout player by a mile today. Normal game for him but plenty of others underwhelming.

We didn't do well today in general. Some of the final balls weren't good enough and we seemed to be trying too hard. Probably our worst game for a very long time - just didn't seem to be in sync across the park. 

One of those bad days at the office and I don't think we should look in to it too much as if we're gonna be going on some terrible run of form now (not read the thread but hope that's not been the case).

We looked leggy after about 70-75 mins and we weren't winning the second balls. Was quite frustrating seeing their midfield get acres of space at times and it wasn't just when we started pushing forward. I wouldn't even put our poor play today down to how Norwich played. Norwich were still there for the taking and on another day we're bagging the winner. Some of the play in the box just didn't fall our way - the main one being where their defender miskicked the clearance and was able to clear it properly. Another day Vardy is in the middle and smashes that in pouncing on that mistake. Or when Krul inadvertently touches Maddison's shot on to the post. 

I'm surprised there wasn't a red card for the Iheanacho thing. As in not for him, but for Norwich players' reactions - not seen replays on MOTD but he gets hacked down and from where we were sat (other end of stadium admittedly), it looked like Norwich players got overly physical with Iheanacho as he lay on the floor. Should have been more bookings after the whole fiasco for their players.

Main point for me today was the referee - utterly woeful for how he fell for Norwich players falling so easily. Ridiculously soft free-kicks in their favour.

It's a point today. Should be putting these kinds of teams away when at home but it's not the worst thing to happen in the world to not win this. Our second half record of not conceding continues and although 10 points away from Liverpool, we're one point further away from Chelsea and therefore cementing 2nd place for now. I fancy Arsenal to turn up against Man City.

On to Everton in the Cup and then a crunch game against Man City on Saturday!

• Thanks 1

I think we caught Villa by surprise last week with the diamond. Norwich had clearly done their homework. Never really settled in the game. Bitterly dissapointed.

But heigh ho these days happen. We didn't lose and I hope the incident doesn't knock Iheanacho either. OTT reaction in my opinion.

10 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Today’s game got off to the wrong start, the formation didn’t work and allowed Norwich to get a foothold in the game. Can’t blame Rodgers for keeping it the same but it really exposes us and played well into their hands. Norwich were busy, and played out of their skins, but they can’t get upset about Kalechi, as their sportsmanship was poor also, they were awarding time almost immediately after they scored.

We never recovered from the poor first half, the set up really played into Norwich’s hands as they were really able to overload the wings, forcing Praet and Tielemans our wide this leaving Wilf on his own. After that we just couldn’t have any kind of impact on the game. You’ll have days like this, and it’s games like this we miss that player who really can win a game like Mahrez. Which I really think we need to invest in during the January market. 

Agreed although we need to accept that a Mahrez calibre player is rare and there isnt currently a replacement on the shelf..

We have played out of skins so far.. last week we were lucky.. another reality check today. top 4 lets not get ahead of ourselves.. more than cuffed with 4th place. our target

Tbf Norwich deserved atleast the point,they played well and Pukki is lively and so too were a few for them. We were bound to come up against a team like this and alot of our lads were 5/6's like Madders, Barnes,Chilly. One of them days,over to the next...