Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lcfc-1992

Everton away (EFL Cup) pre match

35 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Is it wrong that whilst I’d love to win tonight (genuinely) and silverware and Wembley would be nice..... I really won’t give a shit if we go out because we don’t need more fixtures and we want to access Europe through the top four and well that means way more to me than the old Worthington Cup (But it meant the world to me when we won it with MON after years in the darkness!) 

Snap! My thoughts entirely. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Some proper miserable sods on here lol

Agreed. Before Norwich, FT was - "We're going to win the league." Now, after a draw, the sky is falling and we're going to lose to Everton. 

Our strongest side is better than Everton's, dead cat bounce or not. That said, the better team doesn't always win. The game has yet to be played, and any result is possible.  

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Some replies in this thread lol

The same people who slated Puel for playing weakend sides want us to play with a weaker side tonight? 🤡

We need to go as strong as possible.

We don't need to go as strong as possible.

People slagged Puel off because we were comfortably mid table. We're now in a position where we need players fit and sharp in the latter stages of the season.

That's not to say I want us to put the kids out but we should be able to beat this side without needing the likes of Tielemans, Vardy etc who are all due a rest.

Edited by AKCJ
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

We don't need to go as strong as possible.

People slagged Puel off because we were comfortably mid table. We're now in a position where we need players fit and sharp in the latter stages of the season.

That's not to say I want us to put the kids out but we should be able to beat this side without needing the likes of Tielemans, Vardy etc who are all due a rest.

I think you overate our side without those better players. 

No Vardy etc and we lose this. 
(assuming they go full strength)

4 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

I think you overate our side without those better players. 

No Vardy etc and we lose this. 
(assuming they go full strength)

Kasper

Justin Morgan Soyuncu Chilwell

Ndidi

Hamza Praet

Barnes Iheanacho Perez

Would hope for the strongest team possible will only add an extra 3 games max on to the season so shouldn’t cause to much of an issue look at wolves there doing pretty well and have played a fair abound more than us. Teams below us like spurs and Utd  and wolves have a min 2 games extra with Europe so we shouldn’t use that excuse. Hoping for an early goal and 2-0 win tonight 

I never understood the Puel bashing anyway.

He rested players, including Vardy who was still injured, and we lost on penalties. That's as unlucky as it gets.

But crucially, we then went on to win at Stanford Bridge, beat the domestic treble winners at home, beat Everton at Goodison, and surely would've won against Cardiff if Maddison converts the pen late on. If he strikes that pen properly and Albrighton doesn't have a brainfart at Newport, we could've been in a much, much different position with Puel (and our opinion of his approach to cups) than we ended up in.

I want to see some rotation because I think we can beat these either way. Top 4 would be massive for our future chances of staying at the top level, simple as. 

Ward

Justin Morgan Evans Chilwell

Choudhury

Praet Maddison

Perez Iheanacho Gray

Jakupovic, Ricardo, Soyuncu, Tielemans, Albrighton, Barnes, Vardy

16 minutes ago, midland_red said:

Well, in Brendan we trust. But I would be surprised (and disappointed) if Top and Susan haven't given guidance to the effect that this years strategic priority is a place in the Champions League.

I’d be surprised and disappointed if BR let Top or Susan have any say in team selection or how the football side of things are run.