Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lcfc-1992

Everton away (EFL Cup) pre match

12 minutes ago, coalvillefox said:

I don't think we have really been tested yet regarding scheduling, that will come between the Man City game and New Year. We don't play mid week like the other "big 6" do so no reason why this shouldnt be as close to full strength as possible and then field a similar side against Man City. If this was a mid week Premier League game we wouldn't be resting too many so why do it for the Cup, we want to win it after all.

My team would be:

Ward - Has played every cup game so far so would be unfair to drop him now

Justin - Performed well every time he has played so he gets another game

Evans - Need to maintain defensive solidity and consistency so he plays

Soyuncu - See Evans

Chilwell - Hes a young, fit lad, no need to rest him

Ndidi - Never seems to tire and will be crucial to winning the ball back and breaking up attacks

Praet - Needs more game time and only played 45 mins at the weekend

Maddison - I would have said Tielemans but he looks exhausted towards the end of games just lately, would sub him on for Maddison after 60 mins

Barnes - Not played a massive amount recetntly due to change in formation so should be raring to go

Perez - See Barnes

Vardy - Conserves energy so well so should have plenty on the tank  

Changes from our best XI - 3

Kasper played against Newcastle in round 2 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Bad feeling about this one for various reasons, Everton's 1st game with the new manager, our record in 1/4 finals, the fact we struggled to beat them at home.

I should point out that I had similar bad feelings when we played Villa.:D

Isn't Ferguson in charge for this one? 

2 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Is that right?, well that's a little better for my nerves.:)

They announced it yesterday I think and Ancelotti hasn't signed yet so I think it's Tactical Master Big Dunc. I can't see them keeping us out for 90 minutes

Edited by Bourbon Fox
  • Like 1

Just now, TonyN11 said:

Yes, and it's probably his last in charge. Therefore, is there any chance he would pick a weakened side (assuming he's allowed to pick the side) 

He'll be gunning all-out to win with his strongest team I reckon, yeah. 

After what he did to the lad he subbed on-and-off last match he's clearly not worried about leaving the side in the best possible shape for the next manager

4 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

We’re in no position to be cocky and calling the League Cup a cereal box trophy in the same paragraph? Which is it?

Belittling a perfectly good cup that has been around for a very long time and provides a route into Europe is the ultimate in cocky. 

It’s what the “big teams” have done for years, which is ridiculous as they have all bar Arsenal won it in their recent history.

Look at recent finals, who are the teams regularly making this final and winning silverware? This tells you it’s a cup worth winning. 

We at some point may drop back down the ladder, maybe even back to the championship, in 10 years who knows, do you really want a couple of third places finishes as all we had to show for it?

Let’s show the cup the respect it deserves and go and win the thing!

Yes I'd happily take a couple of 3rd place finishes over this cup to look back over in the future. Those two 3rd place finishes, lest we forget, would have afforded us two appearances in the Champions League together with huge financial rewards and the opportunity to improve the squad on each occasion.

That compared with a 90 minute, second rate in comparison blink of an experience at Wembley.

Yes, if all that was to happen in 10yrs time you have that to look back on I suppose but for me personally, if I felt we'd dipped out on such a potentally future changing opportunity we have this season on a quarter final and two potential hard fought semi finals and a final, I'd remember it with contempt and rue what we'd given up.

With Liverpool out of the competition, i think we have to go for it.

Kasper
    Periera  Evans  Soy   Fuchs

Ndidi
  Perez   Praet     Maddison   Barnes

Vardy

• Like 1

Last Dec when we lost to Man City we were really pissed off

suspect the same may not be true tonight 

not sure the club are overly keen on two extra fixtures in January ...... we may want them but have a nagging feeling the management aren’t that bothered ...

I wonder if Monday and Tuesday training sessions were more about Saturdays game than tonight’s ..... assuming tomorrow is a rest day, the boys only have fri am to prepare for the etihaad ....  be interesting to see the line up but if MJ is on the bench then that tells you a fair bit already !

btw, I hope I’m wrong about the attitude to tonight’s game