Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lcfc-1992

Everton away (EFL Cup) pre match

Silverware is Silverware. go for it. Play the match in front of you and then move onto the next. So we rest the bulk of the team tonight and then still get tanked in the next two league games, everyone will be saying that we wasted an oppourtunity and the players were stale. Play our best XI lose and go on to win against MCFC and 'pool and we are geniuses for keeping the momentum going. Do we rest or not rest, we may make changes, either in personnel or system, but whatever BR decides it is his decision and it will be for what he feels is the right thing to do. All we can do is support the lads and hope we get the right result.

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Let's hope Matty James puts in a better performance tonight, if he is indeed in the squad than his last game vs Newport. It was like he'd won a prize in the boozer to turn out for the local team, he was blowing out his arris within 15 mins.

Too much of a big game for him IMO, even if he was anywhere near match fit, which he won't be. Might get a shot at the Wigan match tho

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Manini said:

Absolutely shitting myself to be honest 

Is it wrong that whilst I’d love to win tonight (genuinely) and silverware and Wembley would be nice..... I really won’t give a shit if we go out because we don’t need more fixtures and we want to access Europe through the top four and well that means way more to me than the old Worthington Cup (But it meant the world to me when we won it with MON after years in the darkness!) 

• Like 1

Some replies in this thread lol

The same people who slated Puel for playing weakend sides want us to play with a weaker side tonight? 🤡

We need to go as strong as possible.

Edited by Ashley
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, theessexfox said:

We weren't gunning for champions league places under Puel.

Right, okay. 

Lets just say the worst happens like the pundits are saying/hoping will happen? 

We need to get to the semi finals of this competition its as simple as that. BR wants it too and could see how much the fans wanted it at the Q&A session. 

Hes unbeaten currently in 28 straight cup competition games and itll hopefully be 29 tonight.