Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

West Ham pre-match thread

Look, whatever Rodgers does will be for the best. I know as soon as the slightest thing goes wrong all of the glass half full type clear their throats and start telling us all they told us so... but our squad is relatively slim, and some of the players will need resting. The last two games have been disappointing but if we do lose today with a much changed side, let’s not blow everything out of context and start a riot.....

We’ve been incredible so far this season, and the only members of the Leicester family letting themselves down are the eternal pessimists casting their predictions of impending doom. It’s all about the bigger picture, and if this is what Rodgers can do with this team still with areas of improvement, I can’t wait to see what he can do once he has the squad he wants. The future is looking good people, these are genuinely exciting times for the club!  

Edited by Pliskin
  • Like 1

Could be justified in making at least 2 changes for this. Chilwell,Barnes and tielemans could have no complaints if they were dropped.

Brendan I'd say is right thick with the mauling his former club dished out so he's bound to make an example of a few today. He was shown up a bit to a worldwide audience. 

Hoping that it isn't the start of a downward spiral. The last week has been demoralising no doubt but there's a chance to pick ourselves up and it's not as if we were the only ones to stumble this week. 

Come on lads. Lets get back on the horse again.:scarf:

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

Look, whatever Rodgers does will be for the best. I know as soon as the slightest thing goes wrong all of the glass half full type clear their throats and start telling us all they told us so... but our squad is relatively slim, and some of the players will need resting. The last two games have been disappointing but if we do lose today with a much changed side, let’s not start blow everything out of context and start a riot.....

We’ve been incredible so far this season, and the only members of the Leicester family letting themselves down are the eternal pessimists casting their predictions of impending doom. It’s all about the bigger picture, and if this is what Rodgers can do with this team still with areas of improvement, I can’t wait to see what he can do once he has the squad he wants. The future is looking good people, these are genuinely exciting times for the club!  

I've heard he's got filbert playing up front.

I'm looking forward to this game. I did start drinking rather early in the day, however. Bring it on!

2 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

2 1/2 hours!

It's already the shortest or second shortest break between games. 

I take it you've not played Football or Sport at a high standard? It makes the world of difference.... 

8 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

Could be justified in making at least 2 changes for this. Chilwell,Barnes and tielemans could have no complaints if they were dropped.

Brendan I'd say is right thick with the mauling his former club dished out so he's bound to make an example of a few today. He was shown up a bit to a worldwide audience. 

Hoping that it isn't the start of a downward spiral. The last week has been demoralising no doubt but there's a chance to pick ourselves up and it's not as if we were the only ones to stumble this week. 

Come on lads. Lets get back on the horse again.:scarf:

Brendan should be looking at himself more than our players for the mauling the team he picked got. Hopefully he'll take it on the chin, learn from it and not be Billy big bollocks stubborn.

17 minutes ago, mikey_b said:

Just seen vardy at 230 as I was leaving the maternity ward at the general so definitely not in the squad 

Yeah like Mrs Vardy would rub shoulders with the great unwashed in the general, don’t they live in Lincolnshire these days anyway!

4 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Brendan should be looking at himself more than our players for the mauling the team he picked got. Hopefully he'll take it on the chin, learn from it and not be Billy big bollocks stubborn.

Agree he has to shoulder some of the blame most definitely. 

Being the manager though he can take his frustration out on someone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Surely not, we haven't got 9 players to come in?

I've heard Schmeichel, Justin, Morgan, Evans, Fuchs, Choudhury, Mendy, Albrighton, Perez, Gray, Iheanacho. I can't say for certain this is the case but I've heard two different people say it now.

• Like 1

In the last 4 games we've forgot how to press the opposition and been out pressed.

If we forget our pressing game today we'll lose this easily.  

I fear West ham will have more energy today and physicality than us.  If they've done their homework they'll know that we don't like being pressed in our own box yet we'll still try and pass it out even if our players are marked. 

They'll also double up on Chilwell.