Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

West Ham pre-match thread

14 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Wrong. If he makes 9 changes it’ll be because of the advice he has from the medical & sports science people. If he ignored such advice, he would be in danger of losing his head.

Plus we have another 10 games to fit into the next 35 days (assuming we beat Wigan)  having played 7 in the last 27....... if he is making so many changes, the staff clearly don’t see today as defining the remainder of our season unlike many on here and they take the well being of the players for the rest of the campaign more seriously than some of us! 

• Like 1

We need to stick together and not over react to a couple of poor performances against good sides - however frustrating they were from our point of view.

Making drastic changes isn't necessary but the congested schedule means we should look to make a few.

I'd like to see Fuchs, Perez and Hamza in for Chilly, Barnes and Youri.

A point wouldn't be the end of the world.

2 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

I can see Perez playing up top today. 

The thought of Perez up front on his own against their massive CBs is not an edifying one. If it really is 9 changes, we're screwed. This game should have been played tomorrow. So unfair to have 2 games in less than 48 hours.

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Like 1

9 changes wouldn't surprise me at all, this match comes less than 48 hours after our last game! Our players have looked shattered for the last two games and like they have been running on empty. A number of them are in need of a rest.

Of course you worry massively about the sort of team we'd put out as a result, and if we can have any type of fluency to our game at all with so many changes.

Maybe Bren is Puel's opposite. In Puel's two seasons he had excellent periods around Christmas against big teams but struggled the rest of the time. West Ham, a struggling team - we'll be fine. I hope we get to see a bit of Hamza tonight.

Is the 9 changes from a reputable source?

Whatever the team I trust in BR to make the best team in the best interests of the next month or so if not for today. It may well be best to chance our arm with inferior but more fitter squad players rather than the best XI on paper.

In Brendan we trust.

At least one centre-back will play as we don't have two in cover. No reason to drop Schmeichel- Ward will play against Wigan. Would he really drop all three centre midfielders that started on Thursday as well?

5 or 6 changes I reckon and a formation change. No real worries about Fuchs, Albrighton, Gray possibly coming in, I think Choudhury will play alongside Praet, Albrighton and Gray out wide, Iheanacho behind Perez.

1 minute ago, DerbyshireFox said:

The rumour I’ve heard is Vards not playing for a) rest as already planned, and b) Baby Vardy imminent. How true I don’t know, but wouldn’t be shocked if he’s not involved. I think 6-7 changes max

Yep.

3 minutes ago, ScrumpyFox said:

Heard that the team is as follows, don’t shoot the messenger 

Kasper

James

Morgan

Evans

Fuchs

Hamza

Mendy

Amartey

Gray

Perez

Albrighton 

Midfield of Hamza, Mendy and Amartey?

Fetch me my messenger gun.

3 minutes ago, ScrumpyFox said:

Heard that the team is as follows, don’t shoot the messenger 

Kasper

James

Morgan

Evans

Fuchs

Hamza

Mendy

Amartey

Gray

Perez

Albrighton 

Even in that drastic restructuring Perez still looks the weak link! At best he's bench material, get Iheanacho on.

Perhaps he feels fresh legs will be enough overcome the Hammers, they have been spectacularly awful at home. Away at Newcastle looks the more energetic match so if he does rest a few today there’s logic in that , especially as after Newcastle the main players won’t be in action till the Villa cup game. This feels like a must win for Pelligrini but they look so lacklustre fresh legs and new energy might be our route to victory. 

40 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

🤷🏻‍♂️

Just me being facetious mate lol 

I wasn’t necessarily talking about the manager losing his job. I meant more that he’s overthinking it if he’s making that many changes. But yeah if the medical staff advise him to make substantial changes I suppose he’s between and rock and a hard place. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

The rumour I’ve heard is Vards not playing for a) rest as already planned, and b) Baby Vardy imminent. How true I don’t know, but wouldn’t be shocked if he’s not involved. I think 6-7 changes max

If fit, he must play,he's far too important to us and puts the frighteners on West Ham's back 4.

He could always be there when the next one is born😉👶😄

• Haha 1

Over the last four seasons, the average for fourth has been 71 points, I think? 32 more needed. 9 wins, 5 draws and a few defeats would get us there. All hypothetical, of course,  but winning half our remaining games would problem mean CL footie next year. BR just needs to manage this situation, and the squad, with clarity of thought and we’ll be okay. 

• Like 1