Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Liverpool Post Match Thread

No panic. The Foxes are 2nd, maybe 3rd tomorrow, but we don't have to win against Liverpool and ManCity, who play their own league.

We have to win against WestHam and Newcastle, because the only big goal has to be the fourth place and Leicester will achieve that,

because only we have Jamie Vardy...

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, twister said:

I think 2019 2020 liverpool and simeones 2014 team maybe the fittest football teams I have ever seen.

the press of their team is insane, their running stats week in week out are through the roof.

Totally agree and it has to be applauded, incredible fitness levels.

2 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

I still maintain Liverpool aren’t that good. They press well and have a couple of game changing attacking players. They consistently have help from officials and consistently cheat with elbows and jostling in the penalty area. 

Come on now lol 

We’re entering heads have gone territory with that sort of comment.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, splinterdream said:

Give it a rest, it's a football forum to discuss the teams performance good or bad. It's not the loss but the manner in which we loss, do you not agree there's been a significant dip in per fief since Norwich? Discuss

Norwich was a big hit to take. We are expected to beat them.

Our performances would have dipped if we’d have played Bayern Munich & Barcelona after that game too because they’d more than likely have beaten us as well, I don’t see your point.

7 minutes ago, East Langton Fox said:

Did we bottle it? On their day both Man City and Liverpool would beat us but why were we so abject in both games? You can question Rodgers set up but unforced errors, particularly in the first half tonight made us look like boys v men. Overawed by both teams and the expectation of the fans?

Certainly a reality check but I would question the backbone of our team and the lack of fight. 

I think there is an element of that. It felt to me like the players were in awe of the opposition who were no doubt good but there was no reason for us to give that kind of respect. I know people didn't like this idea last season, but we were better off playing aggressive players like hamza who would get into their faces. We were too soft in both games. 

We should of known what to expect as soon as that line up was announced, majority of times we've played that formation we've been crap.

Maddison on the left never works, Barnes should be nowhere near the starting 11 on current form, Tielemans has been bang average for weeks but in a midfield three he is even worse and Chilwell gets exposed in games like this.

Schmeichel, Ricardo, Evans, Soyuncu, Ndidi and Vardy are in decent form.

Chilwell, Tielemans, Maddison, Barnes and our other wingers are in poor form.

Some players are in desperate need for a rest against West Ham.

• Like 3

Schmeichel has just lost his head with that comment but at least it means something to him/the dressing room. Makes me more confident that we’ll be disappointed and bounce back. Get through this, big games in the semis! 

I’ve managed to calm down and we’ve lost back to back to the 2 best teams in the prem this decade.. relax! Onwards and upwards but Rodgers and this young team MUST learn or we will never be able to progress as far as we all want to

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, foxinsox said:

A poor performance by most. Soyuncu, Praet and Ricardo the only ones that I would score above 5.

We gave them so much time on the ball, and lack of pressure that they could adopt a 253 formation most of the time. 

I date the decline in our performances to when Keletchi had his brain fart against Norwich. Since then no ones head is right.

We need a better performance against West Ham, by a mile, and some squad rotation. 352 may be good with Fuchs in a back 3. 

It was before then, It was the Everton game this all started.

We only just beat a poor Everton side - The came with a plan to frustrate us and we had a off day despite winning we the excuses I made, but since then I have put it down to us being poor and it has continued since.

Watford - again came to frustrate us.

Norwich - looked a good team in fairness.

Villa - Our only good performance in this run of bad games i'm gonna take the positivity away from that by saying I think it says more about Villa though, sorry.

Man City - I was told I couldn't say we weren't good enough because Man City are better and outclassed us - They are and did, but you still need to ask the question were we good enough? The answer is no,

The same goes for tonight - Even more so we weren't good enough infact.

But in none of those games can I say we were good enough - Time to step up and get back to the standards we've set ourselves.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 2

Tonight was lost in the midfield.

Maddison, Barnes, Tielemans all out muscled in the 50/50s and 2nd ball and no energy. 

This left their front 3 being supported at will by the wingbacks.. felt sprry for the defence as they were on a hiding to nothing as wave after wave came from mids losing their duels.. always on a loser.

Need some character for WestHam

• Like 3

G'day from down under,

The reality is our midfield has collapsed in past a few games. we are all seeing tip of the iceberg now. they are talented bunch of players for sure but they are not fighting in midfield and they are performing when they have the ball. N'didi by himself not enough to carry all these workloads. He does need to have someone assisting him to share these responsibilities (Hamza?)

We have a great player at the back but they have been put under immense pressure in last 3 games due to dysfunctionality of midfields. 

Our primary objective should be to qualify for CL and we will do it for sure..

13 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

Was a real sense of deja vu watching that match tonight for me.

As great a manager as Rodgers is his stubbornness to stick to his principles and very much the same way of playing, regardless of the opposition is becoming his very obvious Achilles heel.

Going toe to toe with Liverpool and trying to beat them at their own game was always going to end up with Leicester getting a sore face if Liverpool were in the mood. Exact same thing happened In the CL regularly when we played Barcelona, PSG, etc and Rodgers clearly still hasn’t learned this lesson.

The very top managers can alter their approach and style where and when necessary and find a way to win against sides who are on paper much stronger, Rodgers really needs to start showing he has this in his armoury.

Trying to play out from the back against that front three is pure and utter madness and played right into Liverpool’s hands.

He definitely seems to be a stubborn/slow learner. Everytime he plays Maddison on the wing, we look terrible. So what does he do in one of the most eagerly awaited games, yes you guessed it, he plays Maddison on the wing. 

• Like 1

The team on the whole looked like they had defeat written all over them from the opening minute. Would love to see the tunnelcam beforehand but we looked like a boxer when they fought Mike Tyson in his prime! Ready to lose before getting in the ring.

Majority of our players would score less than 7 at best and we made them look like world beaters.

We were crap-they were good!

Vardy was a sad, isolated figure today.  They played 3 up front, we played 1. They had 59% possession and 21 shots...

Highlighted the gulf between top 2 and the rest. No shame in getting beaten by way better teams but we didn’t do ourselves justice. West Ham is a massive game now. Maddison must play central.

The man city loss was supposed to be the wake call! After all the hype and hope the way we started today was crazy. We’re the players suprised by Liverpool’s high press and intensity? If so why - that’s exactly how they play so why weren’t the players prepared for this and handle it confidently. Instead it was stupid error after error by nearly every player.

too much respect and fear had creeped into the it heads. Liverpool sensed this and went for the jugular. Why didn’t Rogers immediately change it and Be more defensive and counter? Performance was poor and only motivated Liverpool even more. Foxes are better than this we have seen it. If our ambition is to be among the best we have to take on the best not just beat up on those below us. I’m scared as hell our confidence is damaged and we could struggle in every game now. We need some Devine intervention and quick!

9 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Then you put that atrocious toe rag Johnson back into no.10 . At least Liverpool has that in common with Leicester, they hate him ,even if we a way behind them on form at the moment.

It's all a matter of opinion pal, that's democracy and the Country thinks that that toe rag Johnson is better than that toe rag Corbyn, just because you think you're right and more virtuous, it doesn't mean you are, but I'm more interested in football and Leicester City 

I'm certainly not upset, because by tomorrow night we will be where I believe we will finish. However i'm not sure that excuses the tactical decisions and in my opinion arrogance displayed in the last two games.

I'm fine with going into games with the mentality that you'll win, but we've left huge holes against two of the most talented teams this league has ever seen. Substitutions have been poor too, especially today! I understand there's probably a thought process around the likes of Gray starting on Saturday, but really he should have come on today at half time.

Not entirely sure what the set up was today, but pinning Maddison as defensive support to a (still not yet developed defensively) left back in Chilly, against a talent as brilliant as TAA was suicide. 

Thought the always brilliant Ricardo was well off today, shows how tired he is, would definitely consider Justin against West Ham... simply because Ricardo has been faultless, and him starting to show errors is a sign of tiredness to me.

Hopefully the last two have highlighted how short we are in terms of numbers. Need three in January IMHO and I don't think that will spoil the balance. I'd also not be averse to sending Harvey on loan to a Prem side if we buy a top quality winger or even two. 

12 minutes ago, Livid said:

Personally because I overdid it yesterday, spent most of last night in bed with stomach cramps before spending the best part of an hour throwing up. Finally got to sleep around 7 this morning woke up at 1pm and had survived all day on a diet of toast and orange squash. 

Although I felt like crap I made my way down to the KP, got behind the lads but was literally shivering when the third went in so yes I walked out, sorry!!

I would have got a Doctor’s note but I thought the NHS walk in centre would be a little busy. 

And before anyone post’s the much repeated ‘You must be livid mate’ reply I’ll save you the effort, yes I f’in well am! :thumbup:

****ing lad and a half. 🤝