Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Liverpool Post Match Thread

Just now, henrik_62 said:

Yes really, we’re talking about the champions of Europe and the world here and potentially record breaking league champions elect. They are clearly “that good”.

yeah i'm in the minority but i clearly see the decisions they get, it was on show today. it was always going to be a loss but the scoreline was heavily influenced. watched quite a few games of them this season and they've never looked that good to me.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

I still maintain Liverpool aren’t that good. They press well and have a couple of game changing attacking players. They consistently have help from officials and consistently cheat with elbows and jostling in the penalty area. 

Man City and Liverpool both use the dark arts of football to great effect. Perfectly timed tactical fouling as to not get booked, off the camera shirt pulling, trips, berating refs they do all of this while being great in possession, that's why they're the best

• Like 4

The biggest frustration for me was we can play much better as individuals and a lot of the team deserve criticism for not playing anywhere near what they have shown us they are capable of.

Yes ,Liverpool are sublime  but we showed them too much respect, we did not press them enough as we kept giving the ball away and madders out on the wing never goes well.

light show was great and hope to see something like that again.

...we are still on for champions league next season although we clearly need to fill some positions on the wing and Improve the depth of the squad.

we’ve had worse seasons TBF

We were beaten by the reigning world and European champions, and most likely the premier league champions as well. Who have only lost one in something like 50 league games.Men against boys most of the time. A game you could only admire the opposition. I sometimes look at teams and think who out of our team would enhance our opponents, and tonight I dont believe they would swap a single player for one of our own.

but we still sit 2nd in the league and un a cup semi final so more than happy at this stage of the season, intact it's still like dreamland 

11 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

Norwich was a big hit to take. We are expected to beat them.

Our performances would have dipped if we’d have played Bayern Munich & Barcelona after that game too because they’d more than likely have beaten us as well, I don’t see your point

There's loads of points, try reading my posts and replying to them instead of just shrugging your shoulders and expect everyone to just shrug their shoulders. We weren't beaten, we were thrashed badly because of players looking out of form, unfit and Rodgers making tactical errors. Hopefully he'll put it right but there are matters for concern

Liverpool are a VERY good side.

Their first goal shouldnt stand, VAR foul on RickyP! (What is the fvcking point of that stupid VAR)

We deserved a little more for our first ten in the second half.

We have a VERY young side and have just played two of the best teams in the world.

Need to back up and get it done against Wham on the weekend

Both City and Pool showed us a proper press of the back 4 will expose weakness. Brendan persisting with an indulgence on the ball very deep on the backline. The plan is to invite them on and prise them open with ndidi or Tielemens being the linchpin out. Trouble is in both games City and Pool had countered that option and effectively stopped us getting out at all. We then resort to giving away cheap possession through lack of effect.

Nerves got the better of Youri, Madders, Barnes and Perez. The latter two look sadly ineffective for us in truth. Tielemens needs to up his tempo and feet, looks a yard too slow this season - nowhere near the shop window Tielemens. 

Last point is both City and Pools defence wont have easier games, we persist with the lone threat of Vardy and hope for a counter.  Hes a fantastic player but he cant press 4 players so merely looks to cover ground at a canter which in truth does very little.

As a City fan I'm delighted to be sat in second at this point, probably third after tomm night. I haven't been confident enough to join the European tour converts just yet, not through lack of belief but we are just approaching half way mark.

I've seen some tonight suggest 6th could be an achievement now and in truth in August wed have snapped that up. Losing ground feels inevitable now but as to how far will be a test of Rodgers abilities and a number of players desire.

1 minute ago, ozleicester said:

Liverpool are a VERY good side.

Their first goal shouldnt stand, VAR foul on RickyP! (What is the fvcking point of that stupid VAR)

We deserved a little more for our first ten in the second half.

We have a VERY young side and have just played two of the best teams in the world.

Need to back up and get it done against Wham on the weekend

Ricky P has such a love hate relationship with refs. Often gets bad calls against him

Liverpool don't have the best eleven players in the league but what they do is compliment each other very well. Their tactics were spot on, pressured hard when they needed too, forced mistakes and broke fast. 

Not the best individual players but best team by a country mile. Similar to when we won it.

All this bollocks about them being so far clear because of VAR and referee decisions is bollocks. Klopp has got them playing very well as a collective unit. Fair play to them. 

• Like 1

Brendan has ****ed up some big games this season.

Gave Man United too much respect. Gave Man City and Liverpool not enough.

Should have had Wes involved in a back three, Hamza alongside Ndidi with Perez and Albrighton offering wing back cover out wide. Park that damn bus and frustrate them. Don't roll over.

Hopefully Rodgers had suspected our young and creative players were going to be overawed and has at least ensured they will all be taking notes on how much more they can improve. Man City and Liverpool just taught us about levels.

Use the results for character building and rejuvenate now for the second half of the season.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Disappointing not to even lay a glove on them 

Thought Wilf had a decent game and that was about it. 

even vardy and his 4 touches in the whole 90 showed more quality than everyone in our team tonight (bar ndidi, possibly Ricky) 

Edited by bfox
  • Like 1