Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

West Ham A Match Thread. Brace yourself.

Hate to say it but quite clearly a game you can look at thus far and quite confidently say a strongest XI would have made light work of. Hope for Brendan the gamble pays off and we find a way.

As things stand we’re missing that link man to take the ball on the half turn and play forward through the lines in the centre of the pitch. There’s too much passing backwards to the centre halves by Hamza and Mendy but Maddison or Tielemans on should sort that.

4 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Am stuck in a family do and sneaking to catch updates. Sounds like the 'second' team is doing alright apart from Gray's penalty and the crap goal we conceded? 

Sounds about right!

Pretty much controlled the game til their goal.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

I think it's also two fingers up to the Premier League for the fixture schedule. Stupid if it is, mind. 

Tbf it was even worse in Scotland, think we played 14 games in December one of the years he was here and he never done that. Well like I said he did at Ibrox but that was allegedly more at protest to the board and the fact their relationship had completely broken down by that point.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Am stuck in a family do and sneaking to catch updates. Sounds like the 'second' team is doing alright apart from Gray's penalty and the crap goal we conceded? 

You need to get your priorities right. I do which might explain why I live in a box under a bridge !

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

Late to the party I know but did Rodgers elaborate on his team selection in the pre-match interview?

He done similar to this at Ibrox with us this time last year and played Calum McGregor at LB and Mikey Johnstone at centre forward lol!

I get the teaching players a lesson part after the last abject performance but this is a bit extreme on the face of it.

it’s got nothing to do with that. he’s said for weeks when asked about why we aren’t resting players in our easier games or even in our cup game that we would make wholesale changes in this game, because it is simply impossible to play these three games in the time we have been allowed. 

• Like 1

Happy enough with that…. Think we’ve been going ok

Mendy and Justin stand out…. Good take from Nacho

There goal was good…. Fair play…. They didn’t do much else mind!

Feel good for second half…. Nice to know we have some strength in depth…

1 minute ago, henrik_62 said:

Tbf it was even worse in Scotland, think we played 14 games in December one of the years he was here and he never done that. Well like I said he did at Ibrox but that was allegedly more at protest to the board and the fact their relationship had completely broken down by that point.

Could be shades of similar here. Almost a “okay Top, this is the squad I’ve got here. Imagine this on Wednesday nights in Madrid?” 3 days before the window opens. 

But yeah also as Scouse said above he’s been hinting at rotation for a while. 

Edited by Manini
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Hate to say it but quite clearly a game you can look at thus far and quite confidently say a strongest XI would have made light work of. Hope for Brendan the gamble pays off and we find a way.

As things stand we’re missing that link man to take the ball on the half turn and play forward through the lines in the centre of the pitch. There’s too much passing backwards to the centre halves by Hamza and Mendy but Maddison or Tielemans on should sort that.

Talking to a mate about the same thing we were both saying our strongest 11 would be a few up by half time !

3 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

Late to the party I know but did Rodgers elaborate on his team selection in the pre-match interview?

He done similar to this at Ibrox with us this time last year and played Calum McGregor at LB and Mikey Johnstone at centre forward lol!

I get the teaching players a lesson part after the last abject performance but this is a bit extreme on the face of it.

Rodgers said before the Man City game that he'd rotate during this period. We've had the second shortest gap in the division between this and the last round of games.