Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

West Ham A Match Thread. Brace yourself.

1 minute ago, ealingfox said:

Need a new LB, CB, CM, LW and ST in January and I reckon 7 players need shifting out the club whatever it takes

You’re right. It’s been a crap season so far, apart from being second in the league and in the League Cup semifinals. Reinforcements needed urgently!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Why are we playing at 17.30 if it's not on the telly? Anyone know?

Ok as you are confused the premier league changed it because kicking off at 3pm as planned was considered not enough time difference between the Liverpool game ending and this one starting 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Col city fan said:

Personally I believe Rodgers in terms of freshening things up given the fixture list

But I also wonder if he’s dropped a few to remind them that they perhaps aren’t as brilliant as they think they are?

A little reality check so to speak 

Yep. Combination of a few things including the above, plus tired/fatigued players being given a well-earned rest too.

1 minute ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I'm almost certain the penalty taker will have been designated before the game in collaboration with Brendan.

Why pick someone to take a pen who I'm certain has spent more time practicing hitting the crossbar from the half way line than practicing penatlies.

Just now, Col city fan said:

Personally I believe Rodgers in terms of freshening things up given the fixture list

But I also wonder if he’s dropped a few to remind them that they perhaps aren’t as brilliant as they think they are?

A little reality check so to speak 

Maybe - but you'd think the Man City and Liverpool games would have done that too!

Just now, lennybhoy said:

Nacho as a striker should be stepping up to take penalties...simple

It would have been worked out pre match and Gray did score one last week at everton. So makes sense BR would have nominated him, as neither Nacho nor Perez have taken penalties in their career.

Ridiculous analysis by Tim Sherwood saying none of the Leicester players on the field had ever scored a penalty and Vardy should feel bad being home with his new born.

I mean the last thing on any Premier League manager's mind is going to be about penalty taking, you'd just take it as a given that all your players (including goalkeeper) should be able to score a penalty but there's always a chance it could be missed....

I mean probably 75% of the fans are capable of sticking one away so Sherwood has been on the sherbet I think...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Collymore said:

Ridiculous analysis by Tim Sherwood saying none of the Leicester players on the field had ever scored a penalty and Vardy should feel bad being home with his new born.

I mean the last thing on any Premier League manager's mind is going to be about penalty taking, you'd just take it as a given that all your players (including goalkeeper) should be able to score a penalty but there's always a chance it could be missed....

I mean probably 75% of the fans are capable of sticking one away so Sherwood has been on the sherbet I think...

When he said that I thought Fuchs had taken penalties at Schalke

3 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

Rodgers said before the Man City game that he'd rotate during this period. We've had the second shortest gap in the division between this and the last round of games.

Cheers, seems a daft way to go about it though, could have rested a few per game rather than just make wholesale changes. That said sounds as if uz r doing okay. 

1 minute ago, Collymore said:

Sherwood is a tool of the highest order, still bitter I guess from when we dared to score 3 when villa were 2 nil up! Anyway Vardy is fully entitled to take 2 weeks off if he so wishes.