Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Newcastle Match Thread

I like 3 at the back as an option for us.  It makes sense with the squad we have.  But Newcastle is a perfect team to test it against, as they're as punchless as any team in the league. Fuchs is not a good fit for this system and I don't know that I'd use this lineup against a decent attacking side.

That said, Perez is so, so much better in the center of the pitch.  Simply not a winger.  And Maddison - what a strike with his off foot.  How many guys could do that?

Perez is our best player so far. A goal. An assist and almost two more assists.

Maddison has been doing well and has a well taken goal.

Chilwell is not doing too badly on the left wing but I would like to see Barnes in at some stage in the second half. There is not enough coming through on the left side as compared to our right.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Get Ayoze Perez off the fvcking wing.

The position he is playing today is by far his best, he is looking like peak Shinji.

Get Demiral from Juve and the south korean lad from Salzburg and we'd be absolutely unreal in a 3-4-1-2.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sly said:

The blokes a total knobber. Some of his predictions are ridiculous. I saw that and didn’t bother with the rest of the the article.

8 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

So Lawro, 2-0 Newcastle, eh?

One of his former clubs? I think that's the only reason he backed them.

Just now, urban.spaceman said:

Excellent performance so far. Ayo has been great but I’ve spent a lot of time watching Iheanacho and I can’t believe it’s the same player who was so poor and lacking in confidence under Puel. Unrecognisable.

His movement, awareness and commitment is outstanding. Hope he gets a goal today as he certainly deserves one. 

Iheanacho's intelligence 25-40 yards away from goal is exceptional too, I can see why he wanted to play the support striker role for a while as his vision and weight of pass is spot on.

• Thanks 1

Just now, jim5000 said:

How are we so good against the rest, but were so dogshite against Man City and Liverpool? We dominate pretty much every other team in the league...

Might have a little to do with their quality, but I'd say it's also our team being a little scared/hesitant against them, the team needs to believe they are on their level.

1 minute ago, jim5000 said:

How are we so good against the rest, but were so dogshite against Man City and Liverpool? We dominate pretty much every other team in the league...

Man City and Liverpool are really a class above, that’s all. Their pressing is too much for our back four to play out.

• Like 3