Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
twoleftfeet

Jamie Vardy England

Guest An Sionnach

England and Leicester have always been a poor fit, only Gordon Banks has been a regular player for England and retained his club form . In recent years Vardy, Drinkwater, Maguire and Chilwell have all lost form after playing for England. This doesn't apply to our other internationals like Evans and Soyuncu so I'm pretty sure Jamie would not be interested in a return.

2 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

At the end of the day... it’s up to Vardy. We are favourites for the Euros. Probably Vardys last chance to be involved with something like that

See, it's the climax of the film isn't it - he scores the winner for England to win the cup. The film will probably do a slightly abridged version to make it that he won the world cup though. 

In the real world though, I am hoping for a nice relaxing off-season for him. 

Edited by rachhere
  • Haha 2

He's England's best striker so he absolutely should be playing.

I'll be ****ing gutted if we're playing an unfit Harry Kane or Rashford (who isn't a striker) instead of our best number 9 in what is essentially a home tournament and a massive chance of winning silverware.

Can't believe any Englishman would think otherwise.

• Thanks 1

Just now, AKCJ said:

He's England's best striker so he absolutely should be playing.

I'll be ****ing gutted if we're playing an unfit Harry Kane or Rashford (who isn't a striker) instead of our best number 9 in what is essentially a home tournament and a massive chance of winning silverware.

Can't believe any Englishman would think otherwise.

Gareth Southgate begs to differ.

Just now, AKCJ said:

It pains Foxestalk to admit it but when he's fit Harry Kane is a better striker than Jamie Vardy.

Maybe but not by much, and Kane does somewhat dictate the way we play (as Vardy does) to get the best out of him. I was never bothered about Kane getting picked the majority of games for England, but there are definitely games and occasions where Vardy would be a better fit. Not sticking him on the left wing with 10 mins to go, that's just madness. Also Kane won't be properly fit for the start of the Euros.

Just now, AKCJ said:

It pains Foxestalk to admit it but when he's fit Harry Kane is a better striker than Jamie Vardy.

Arguably yes but Harry Kane will not be 100% fit this summer and he will still be getting in ahead of any one whether it be Vardy, Abraham or even Ings.

Southgate won't have the minerals to drop Kane. Its despairing knowing that we have such a generation of potentially great players coming through and they are entrusted to Aidy Boothroyd and Gareth Southgate.

Clearly he wouldn't consider a return without some kind of promise of extended game time, so the whole 'Southgate would stick him on bench' type comment is not really relevant.

The wider point is between now and Kane being fit again we only have two games (the one after those is in June, two months after Kane is due to come back).

As such I very much doubt it would happen and can't really see the point, but I'm pretty sure Vardy would jump at the opportunity if that promise was made.

Edited by turtmcfly

For the Jamie, the issue is that he was not treated well during his last international tournament. He was our second best striker but was given minimum time to show his threat in comparison to Rashford. For example, the Croatia game where Southgate chose Rashford to come on over him. Vardy was far more proven then Rashford at the time and the decision was disappointing but it shows the thought process of Southgate when in comes to player selection. The bigger traditional club player is always first in comparison to the proven player who may play for a smaller club.

At 32, rest time for Vardy is key to him being an effective club player. He doesn't need to be wasting his resting time sitting on a bench being overlooked for players with a worse league record than him. Would I like to see Vardy at the next international  ? Yes, of course. Do I want to see Vardy going to a tournament to make up numbers - of course not. While Southgate is manager, I think he is better off staying retired. 

• Like 1