Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
twoleftfeet

Jamie Vardy England

Guest An Sionnach
7 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

Imagine Sterling / Vardy / Sancho on the counter attack. Feck me England would be electric. 

Imagine Stones/Maguire /Chilwell on the defence!

Edited by An Sionnach

Keep scoring goals for Leicester, Jamie. Say nothing about returning to England but work the media into a stew with the occasional social media tease, then, on the day you lift the Golden Boot and say how much you are looking forward to playing again for Leicester in the Champions League, tell Southgate and every one else to go **** themselves.

3 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

No he shouldn't. Southgate will just move Rashford centrally ahead of playing him anyway. 

This. I’m pretty sure Tammy Abraham will be in front of him as well (although I like him) It’s the same thing that happened to Drinky and it seems Maddison as well, playing at the top of their game and yet often sat unused on the England bench when inferior players keep getting the nod.

Gonna go against the grain here and say yes.

Obviously I'd prefer him to have the summer off and stay fit for our Champions League campaign, but the chance for him to have a proper ending of his movie by scoring the winner in the final at Wembley is too much to miss out on.

With Kane ****ed until May hopefully this might knock some ****ing sense into Southgate and he'll be forced to pick the best striker in the league. For good measure he should probably call up the support players around him that help him play to his strengths - Chilwell, Maddison, Choudhury, Barnes, Okazaki etc.

• Haha 1

Kane will be picked even if he isnt fit.

Think back, 2016.  Drinkwater had the season of his life and a couple of decent performances for England.  Wilshire was out for nearly all of the season with a broken leg.  He played a grand total of 141 minutes in 3 games all season for Arsenal.  Who went to the euros?

The message was clear, a player with a broken leg from a big club will always get a game ahead of an in form player from a smaller club.

Edited by pleatout

No way England never used him properly when he was available for selection, should be just happy to be playing in the England side was the response from Hodgson. The way England treated Vardy was a disgrace, looks happier and cannot see him going back, which is great for us.

It was a Tottenham click before as we we all know. 

England have to play in a way that suits Jamie or there's no point in having him. 

Bit like Leicester under Puel. 

Wouldn't blame him if he told them to do one but surely it could be the icing on the cake for the Vardy story to do something special this summer for his country. 

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

If England want to score from corners look no further... 

Who wants to tell them the ball was 3 ft out of play... who was the lino, the one from the other night against Villa?

Edited by Babylon

Vardy should have been treated better hence why he wouldn't have retired in the first place, I just feel the poor guy will be under used again if he returned. For the first time in a while I don't England are short of strikers there's loads of other options, Rashford, Abraham, Wilson, Ings and maybe Deeney whose come good again of late. Don't get me wrong I'd see Vardy leading the front line again but I would hate to see him being wasted on that subs bench. 

• Like 2