Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

City 1-2 Saints Post Match

A few things are clear. We're not at our sublime best, we're going to miss N'didi, and a few of our players are out of form.

However, Southampton are one of the form teams in the league, we've had three goals ruled out for marginal offsides and missed a few good chances.

Time to regroup and go again, no need to panic.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I don’t think that would have happened in the past ... maybe some of the new recruits in the media dept have turned all  billy big bollocks - we need to let them know that this isn’t the Leicester way. They probably aren’t fans anyway, just doing a job ! 

Didn’t know about this. How bloody arrogant and disrespectful can you get. I’d sack whoever was responsible. 

9 minutes ago, TK95 said:

Game looked completely different on MOTD lol 

I thought we were well worth a point from the MOTD coverage, whereas just after the final whistle, having watched the match on s stream and put up with the usual match thread optimism, I was totally:

20200111_225801.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LestaAl said:

MOTD called it a bad day at the office ...

I feel it’s slightly worse than that.

Why? We are going to lose a few

games. We are still 2nd! Man have our standards risen over the past 5 years lol

6 hours ago, Vacamion said:

It's a damn shame we didn't get anything out of that game, because now I can't pour a fine single malt, settle into a comfy chair and watch slo mo repeats of that world class save by Kasper over and over for a few hours.

I've poured three just so I can't see Motd properly 

32 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

A few things are clear. We're not at our sublime best, we're going to miss N'didi, and a few of our players are out of form.

However, Southampton are one of the form teams in the league, we've had three goals ruled out for marginal offsides and missed a few good chances.

Time to regroup and go again, no need to panic.

I agree with most of this and Southampton are on incredible form and deserve credit for bouncing back but I think there are worrying signs within our last few performances, especially at home.

We look very predictable, almost Puelesque in the last few. Side to side, no penetration, change of pace or plan B.

Tielemans, Chilwell and Barnes especially are bang out of form so I feel we need to bring in a couple of fresh faces to put the cat in amongst the pigeons and push us on.

Edited by Costock_Fox
  • Like 1

Guest bennytwohats
21 minutes ago, blueharmie said:

That's why they celebrated their second goal like they did then as the highlights Wound them up. Great work by the lcfc media team. Reverse psychology and all that 

Oh come on - they were celebrating getting the win because of the 9-0 in the reverse fixture, not because we showed a video of the 9-0. This fixture was massive for them after the way we humiliated them, it was always going to be. Showing the highlights was misjudged, but let's not pretend this win wouldn't have been huge for them without that.

1 hour ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Been hugely poor at home for a while. Southampton battered us today, liverpool did before, as did Norwich. Rodgers needs to start earning his corn. Been erratic with selections for too long now. Fan boys need to wake up. We arent a top 4 side we know that. Top 6 about right but by christ lay a glove on the struggling sides. 

This isn't a criticism before folk start, it's a realism

I get that the last few home games have been disappointing but before today we’d got the vast majority of our points against the non ‘big six’ which suggests we generally do lay a glove on the struggling sides. This season we are a top 4 side, but as a squad we need a lot of work to sustain it going forwards. 

Thing is though, we always show the goals from the last time we played the team we are hosting, not just this one. Southampton were already pumped up for this, us showing the highlights probably made zero difference at all. 

5 hours ago, Kendal Fox said:

I don't think we've ever been as mentally strong as we were in 2015/16 and that's the irony for me, because we're now far superior technically to then. But when things start going wrong, we seem to lose belief in ourselves and self destruct, just incapable of turning it around.

It's a mental problem we've struggled with since Ranieri's 2nd season in charge and I think this period will really be the test of just how good Rodgers is - IN ALL DEPARTMENTS.

Hope he/we pass the test sooner rather than later because it's a problem we need to solve once and for all. Otherwise we'll never be the finished article which is kind of the point of appointing him in the first place, right?!

I agree. We've seen this before. It seems to be a head problem. Ranieri had the same at the end of his tenure. then Shakespear made the players happy and they were great....for a bit. Then Puel, and they were great....for a bit..... Then Brendan.....and they were great......for a bit longer.

We do go into these funks which we can't get out of. But when we do, we click again

For all the stick Tielemans gets its clear we need him to play as much as possible. The through ball to Ian was class and his passing ability in the final 3rd is absolute quality. Ok so he may lose the ball every now and then and not be amazing at tracking back but that’s also probably why he plays for us and not Barcelona 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Katy said:

Thing is though, we always show the goals from the last time we played the team we are hosting, not just this one. Southampton were already pumped up for this, us showing the highlights probably made zero difference at all. 

This is true (if it’s a victory of course), but possibly a tad naive on our part. Hassenhutl played it them once in the dressing room apparently pre match. We knew they would be pumped, and we had nothing in the tank to match it. They wanted it more today, that’s what felt disappointing more than anything 

18 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

For all the stick Tielemans gets its clear we need him to play as much as possible. The through ball to Ian was class and his passing ability in the final 3rd is absolute quality. Ok so he may lose the ball every now and then and not be amazing at tracking back but that’s also probably why he plays for us and not Barcelona 

The Tielemans we saw in the last 15 minutes is not the Tielemans we've seen seeing for the past several weeks.

20 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

Can’t agree with you more. Our record signing must play. He is trying that defence splitting pass so he will give the ball away on occasions. 

1 hour ago, Vacamion said:

I thought we were well worth a point from the MOTD coverage, whereas just after the final whistle, having watched the match on s stream and put up with the usual match thread optimism, I was totally:

20200111_225801.jpg

Southampton could have walked off the pitch 4-1 winners, and we would have had no complaints. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Kasper pulled some world class saves but do think he could probably have saved the ings goal. Lazy and casual distribution and not coming off his line as usual too. 

Praet, Ricardo (although it's not happening going forward for him either) and Vardy were ok. Rest were rubbish, even Evans and Soyuncu were sloppy. 

Important fans don't get on their backs though, in danger of becoming entitled and moan as soon as we aren't winning every game. Confidence is fragile. 

Rodgers has never really rectified the home performances, even when we were winning. Can't really use the excuse that southampton sat back, they were just better than us. 

Eh? He's 12 yards out when Ings hits it.