Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

City 1-2 Saints Post Match

At the end of the game, you could hear the saints fans singing "you can shove your 9-0 up your a***", followed by their team doing that weird holding of hands and celebrating like they won the league.

Never known such a small mentality, only bloody Leicester for goodness sake.

2 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Second in the league - argument gets thrown around inflationary lately. Doesn't mean we deserve to be there, and I suppose we'll find ourselves in third by the end of the weekend.

As for "massively overachieving" - that's easy to say now. We're 22 games into a 38-game season and so far have only put in one and a half terrible home performance (against Liverpool - and Norwich, for what it's worth).

Individually, our take on this game has been devastatingly bad. I don't expect us to win every game, but on a performance-based level, the vast majority of players today took the piss.

Schmeichel, Ricardo Pereira, Evans and maybe Vardy coming out with any sort of dignity.

The rest have pretty much been poor to very poor, and that for weeks.

Don't like the attitude on the pitch lately. Other teams have similar issues with the fixture list or injuries and they seem to cope just fine.

Attitude it is.

Correct.

They are simply not working hard enough. For the last month (anecdotally) we have been out worked most of the games.

Furthermore, I’m sick and tired of seeing Chilwell or Maddison go down for no reason asking for a free kick when none was due, while the opposition gallop off goalwards.

Work as hard as you can, that’s is all we ask for as fans.

Edited by NotTheMarketLeader

A bit of perspective I think. We have lost 5 so far this season as have Man City and Wolves. Only obviously have Liverpool lost less. Chelsea have lost 7 and they are still in the top 4. 

We have a promising squad that needs a bit more experience. We are in a league cup semi final and 4th round of the FA cup. 

Please don't turn on these players. We are having a great season so far. Get behind the boys. If anything the fans were abysmal as much as the players today!!! 38 mins and people walking down to the concorse. WTF!!! Why bother???

I think we need a wide man this Jan for sure just to give us that shot in the arm going forwards. In Brendan I trust. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

A bit of perspective I think. We have lost 5 so far this season as have Man City and Wolves. Only obviously have Liverpool lost less. Chelsea have lost 7 and they are still in the top 4. 

We have a promising squad that needs a bit more experience. We are in a league cup semi final and 4th round of the FA cup. 

Please don't turn on these players. We are having a great season so far. Get behind the boys. If anything the fans were abysmal as much as the players today!!! 38 mins and people walking down to the concorse. WTF!!! Why bother???

I think we need a wide man this Jan for sure just to give us that shot in the arm going forwards. In Brendan I trust. 

Think about where we were too... we have lost to:

Liverpool home and away

Man City away

Man U away
Southampton home  

On paper, the only one there we would have expected to have got a result against is Southampton. Compare that to the last season and a bit. We are in a much better place. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hejammy said:

I'm sorry but I knew people would be like perspective etc! Ffs we were playing amazing football and now since Man City we've been a mid table team at best! That's your perspective! Can't keep saying oh but we're 2nd and semi final blah blah. You have to show your ambition and simply we were awful today and have been for a while. We say the same thing over and over, once we've been found out we have no plan B. A team that has a high press against us will do well. Chilwell needs to be dropped. He's been woeful since he was demolished by Mahrez. They actually need this perhaps to kick them up the arse. No urgency and no workrate. Things we did really well before Xmas have just simply disappeared. We need a decent winger for sure, plus cover at the back. 

Chill bud, we have played 9 games in 4 calendar weeks, that's a lot of games over a short period. 

Yes we aren't playing as well as we were, but that's down to form of individual players. 

We defo need a few new signings to liven things up and some of them need to sort their shit out, but seriously if you told me 10 years ago that we would be in this position, I would have laughed, so take it easy, take it as it comes

Felt almost certain our efforts on Wednesday, the reverse fixture at their place and their current form would lead to a difficult afternoon. I felt a point would have been very satisfactory today. They simply had more energy than us, and their freshness gave them the edge.

We need 3 days of rest, some reflection, and come out all cylinders firing at Turf Moor

Given the current form of both clubs and the result of the reverse fixture, this was always going to be a very tricky fixture. And for me, the defeat has certainly taken the gloss off the 9-0 win. Given that City are destined to score only a certain number of goals throughout the season, it could be argued that scoring nine of them in just one game was incredibly wasteful.

I see one more person blaming the carabaou cup :S beggars belief.

If we can’t manage a couple of extra games where we play not even all of our first team what’s the point in even trying to qualify for Europe when that is probably going to add 8 games to our fixture list, minimum, plus we won’t be given the luxury of opponents either being well below our level or resting players themselves.

May as well sack it now if we can’t cope with the league cup and the league.

• Like 3

What I've noticed a lot this season but more so recently that Chilwell and Barnes seem to have made each other worse as the season has gone on they don't link up very well at all. 

It's like they are strangers to each other and they don't train together or work together in training, because I believe they're both decent players in the own right. 

• Like 1

Always felt today was going to be a very difficult game.

lets be honest, we massively miss wilf... Southampton were good, however I think if wilf plays half of those attacks are snuffed out before they even start.

andI’m not even going to begin to question Brendan, he works with the players all week and has earned his stripes... but if you aren’t going to start Kelechi now, when’s he arguably in the best form of his life, exactly when are you going so start him?

like I say I was fully expecting a difficult game today and even predicted a scoring loss with my mates, just disappointing we didn’t really look up for it until going behind...

A horrible watch. We never got going, never imposed ourselves, offered nothing on the flanks, yet we took the lead and had three goals disallowed for offside.

Southampton deserve great credit for having a go at us and were comfortably the better team, but only because they were stronger in the tackle than us and we kept giving them the ball with unforced errors in dangerous situations, Chilwell in particular doing so repeatedly.

Wilf was one of three players I always worried about getting injured (Evans and Vardy the other two). I fear that his colossal ball-winning ability will be sorely missed over the next few weeks. It certainly was today.

1 hour ago, kingston_fox said:

You can get paid as much as you like, they are still human and no amount of money is going to make up for that.

Reality is we have a fairly small squad and they are tired. Remember they haven't had much time on the training ground this past month as it's been a game every couple of days

You've obviously quoted the wrong poster, not once did I mention money.

Brendan rotated quite a bit over the festive period, West Ham away and today, same starting 11? 

Tired is a lame excuse for professional footballers half way through a season. 

You want European football next season? Well we better get some super high energy players onboard then as we won't be able to play fringe players in those cup games like we have up to now.