Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

City 1-2 Saints Post Match

7 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

No more talk of Choudhry being as good or better than Ndidi please.

Gonna be a tough month with out Ndidi

Totally agree with that on Radio Leicester they said Ndidi would have a job to get back in.As  I overheard folks on the station saying what planet are they on.I consider he is a bigger miss than Vardy

Ok now I’m starting to get worried.

we’re letting our own standards drop and the players just don’t seem motivated enough to start on the front foot with intensity.

i really don’t know what preparations the coaching team is doing but it’s not working.

with man city we knew they were hitting form again and KDB was starting to influence games and it was almost a no brainer Mahrez was going to play. Pep had said there focus was all on Leicester and not Liverpool. When Liverpool came to town the hype was all on us and how we might catch up on a tired Liverpool team.

Klopp being Klopp used that as motivation to stick it to us. Today we saw a saints team that have gone on to win games after our mauling almost in a race to get to the day they can replay us an exact revenge. Again we knew this storm was coming. Our players are young, talented and gifted but they are not battle hardened like the title winning squad. There is no mental or physical steel being shown.

if it needs encouraging than they need to be prepared better and if they need motivation in the game we need more leaders on the field to rally them on. I want to see Rogers get more animated like klopp to instill in the players to pull their socks up if the game is slipping away.

This is not about tiredness it’s about manning up. I’m 100% behind the players and club but if they need a kick up the backside I’ll happily lend a boot. Some tough love needs to be dished out. Ps... it got a little better after demaray and nachos came on but we left it all too late. Rant over.

• Like 1

Disappointed as Fuch but the old biddy sitting behind me made me laugh as she wanted to slash Lee Masons throat for his diabolical Southampton loving awful one sided shit lack of a performance incompetence of a premier league ref she reckoned he felt sorry for them when we stuffed them 0-9 !! 💙🦊💙

15 minutes ago, sm1 said:

Couldn't get to the game today but looking at the stats, Southampton had 16 shots, 10 on target to our 5. Did we really get outplayed that badly? 

Yep. 1-5 wouldn't have flattered them. The game being level at half time was hilarious.

6 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Sorry, their professional footballers part of a squad that work together day after day week after week, I’m not having the fact one defensive midfielder came in for another defensive midfielder and one more attacking midfielder who’s  had a fair bit of game time recently and was one of the few who played well today, came in for another similar player and neither were up to speed on the game plan, we’ve used that game plan today more than any other this season.

They watch every single game live and get shown it again and again every in the week following every game. There is absolutely no excuse for any member of that 25 man squad coming into that system not knowing their role inside and out. We had the same keeper, same back four, same forward line.  Rodgers planned weeks in ahead to make 9/10 odd changes and play a different way for West Ham, this is two, like for like , minor adjustments  to a season long approach that only differs in minor aspects depending on who we are playing. The fundamentals remain largely the same.

Hamza was a shadow of Ndidi at his best today but I think we are barking up the wrong tree if we think he’s going to match Wilfs performance levels  and that’s nothing to do with briefing. He’s just nowhere near as good as Ndidi and that’s not going to change and will be an issue until he is fit again. Aside from that our problems were elsewhere is Praet was largely alright. Chillwell was awful, Soyunchu was far from his usual assured self, Maddison again looked lifeless, Vardy is only ever useful when given things to work with and he was given precious little, Perez one great ball for the goal aside was just crap, Barnes is starting to look like he’s actually not up to this level of football full stop never mind form problems.

But this is all by the by anyway the point remains the same, whether it be physical fatigue or lack of prep things are going to be no different if we are playing European football, the games come quick fast and changes will be made far more regularly, players aren’t going to get game plans weeks in advance if we are playing in the champions league as it’s just not feasible. If we can’t cope with a couple of extra games in search of some silverware we may as well not bother trying to qualify for Europe.

That is a bang on assessment. Harvey Barnes isn’t a PL footballer, not now, not next season, not ever and to persevere with him like we are with Demarai is just time and money spent unwisely. 
I understand the desire for youth to form a basis for a prolonged period of stability for the team and club but we need to be realistic and admit when things aren’t working. 
We need a proven winger sharpish, preferably an experienced product of a good league with composure and the minerals to put up a fight. We have too many players currently that look like they don’t have the balls to really put a shift in. 
There’s a few in the squad currently that are being paid above their grade. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ceirboy said:

That is a bang on assessment. Harvey Barnes isn’t a PL footballer, not now, not next season, not ever and to persevere with him like we are with Demarai is just time and money spent unwisely. 
I understand the desire for youth to form a basis for a prolonged period of stability for the team and club but we need to be realistic and admit when things aren’t working. 
We need a proven winger sharpish, preferably an experienced product of a good league with composure and the minerals to put up a fight. We have too many players currently that look like they don’t have the balls to really put a shift in. 
There’s a few in the squad currently that are being paid above their grade. 

Then I’ll ask you a very simple question. How are we currently second in the best league on the planet, having played the players you are suggesting aren’t good enough, almost every week?

• Like 3

It's not just yesterday though is it. We haven't looked right for about a month. Away wins against a side at their lowest ebb and another gifting us two goals and playing the second half with 10 men have papered over the cracks.

Chilwell's wing play has just highlighted we need a decent winger. 

They were just a far far better side than us yesterday. I had no doubt that a half time rollicking would not make any difference. Tactically and individually we were all over the place. I didn't think you could turn all that around in 15 minutes.

I think we need to go shopping.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, foxfan92 said:

The important thing is that no one on Foxtalk is overreacting now that we've lost one game to a team that's not considered one of the supposed big six.

1 win in our last 5 home games though, and that was against Wigan.

Im not worried though. 11 oonts ahead of a wildly inconsistent Man Utd team. 15 points ahead of Jose Mourinho. Wolves also dropped ponts yesterday.

I think we will comfortably be in top 4.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Congratulations Southampton, they played us off the park for the whole 90 minutes and deservedly won. They should in fact have won by more.

We've had a brilliant season, but that was poor. Hopefully Rodgers can get into them in training this week because performances have been poor for a while now.

Onto the next one.

Yeah, hopefully we can learn from Southampton. Learn from mistakes, work harder and do better - instead of lowering their heads. Be like Vardy - overcome adversities and be better. It was painful to watch last game, but hopefully Rodgers can use this opportunity to build character in the team and make them better long term. Drop players who need dropping like Chilwell. If they can bounce back - great; if not (bearing in mind it is just one game) then those who cannot accept being dropped and try to become better do not deserve to be here long term for the team to be built around them. Fuchs and the like did not complain.

Edited by Tom12345

21 minutes ago, Matt said:

Seeing alot of yesterday being pinned on missing Ndidi, whilst we did, i'll go back to my point - We've been poor since November, quite a while now, it's more than missing Ndidi yesterday.

This is true, sadly/...not expecting a Wembley trip on current form.

31 minutes ago, Matt said:

Seeing alot of yesterday being pinned on missing Ndidi, whilst we did, i'll go back to my point - We've been poor since November, quite a while now, it's more than missing Ndidi yesterday.

Goes to show even more how much Ndidi has helped us win or not lose when we've not been playing well. Testament to his own individual performances. 

Really poor yesterday from us, but after a sleep I’ve looked at Southampton’s most recent results and realised they’ve beaten Chelsea (Away) and spurs comfortably. We obviously need to look at ourselves and our recent performances but evidently Southampton are in a rich vein of form and this game was always going to be a big target for them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Scrappiest, most disjointed performance of the season for me. Are we missing Ndidi? Are the players exhausted from the fixture pile up or are they just out of form? Home form is worrying.

We deffo miss wilf. He's become a huge player for us 

As for the exhaustion thing. Lots of liverpool fans commented that the way Brendan plays can leave players tired towards the end of the season, I feared this could hurt us come march. For it to have set in during Jan is worrying.

Burnley, west ham, villa games now become massive, we need to get back to winning ways.

Actually think Brentford probably put us out the FA cup.

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, TonyN11 said:

What a great idea to show the 9-0 highlights on the big screens while the players were warming up!

No need for a Southampton team talk :facepalm:

I didn’t realise this happened. For a club that’s usually so sure-footed in its public actions as City, it was stupid and completely lacking in class. Shameful.

Someone owes Southampton an apology, 

Edited by LanguedocFox

Yesterdays defeat was quite simple really and you cant take it away from Southampton they had an excellent day at the office. They pressed us constantly, won all the loose balls, closed us down quickly in packs when we were in possession, forced us into make errors and didnt give us time on the ball. 

You could see how the game was going to go in the first five minutes and we couldnt adapt, we were second best all afternoon. 

14 hours ago, dooflip said:

Fed up of this sht.

been like it for what seems like months now.

we went from being one of the best sides in the league to not turning up. The effort just isn’t there.

we don’t press. There’s no urgency. We have no ideas going forward. No passion. I’m ashamed of our team and have been since Everton/Watford at home sort of time. We’ve been awful since that.

something needs to change.

would be considering accepting big bids for most of the squad at the moment with how pathetic they’ve been. Cash in while we can.

This bloke would be in a real state if we were bottom half, sack the team sack the board sack the manager bin the lot play the u23.play my mrs play the neighbors play Anstey Nomads. Calm down lad

• Haha 1